DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    I have to check Jack's FB page to see who has gotten onboard with the sharing. Ideally, we will have 20 people there when we are done. There are still ways we can watch each other's back, even when no event is ongoing. Anyone desire to be official "Facebook Sharing Coordinator"?

ideally we could all "like" the FB page i made and then just make sure you're befriended to anyone that is part of it

THIS.

Everyone should go "Like" the DjangoUnbuffed FB community page that Ferret made. I know a couple of you have already done so. We can use it as a hub for sharing and private alliance announcements/discussions.
  • Here is something to ponder. If we had our full 20 man squad for the FD event and each of the remaining 5 scored 700 points we would have finished 2nd. Which is not too hard to get really. And if they got 800, we could have won icon_e_surprised.gif
  • erm what is the name of the facebook group? cant seem to find it
  • HailMary
    coolbond wrote:
    erm what is the name of the facebook group? cant seem to find it
    PM'd.
  • I may actually manage to sneak into the top 10 in the heroic Juggernaut thing using a 1/1/1 lazythor, mstorm, and a level 30 mbw not even dong 1 full clear. I am stunned that this is possible, but happy that it may happen. At 14 now.
  • im using a 0/1/1 lT and 50 Mstorm and 48 Mhawk i tried capp but frankly cap has not enough damage for me
  • HailMary
    Rajjeq wrote:
    I may actually manage to sneak into the top 10 in the heroic Juggernaut thing using a 1/1/1 lazythor, mstorm, and a level 30 mbw not even dong 1 full clear. I am stunned that this is possible, but happy that it may happen. At 14 now.
    Nice!

Yeah, I was surprised how little you actually had to clear to hit top ten. I fully expected to be stuck down in the 30s, but partial clears of the right-most third of the node map got me up to #7 now. I want me some more MoreThor! There... may be a last-minute point rush in the next 45 minutes, though. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • And that shows me for joining it early cuz I was bored. Ended up with 26k something points and placed 18th for 2 covers.Could have been top ten sine I was only 400pts away but a cascade from hell ended my final runs prematurely.
  • what was your guys strategy for getting your placements?
  • HailMary
    edited March 2014
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    And that shows me for joining it early cuz I was bored. Ended up with 26k something points and placed 18th for 2 covers.Could have been top ten sine I was only 400pts away but a cascade from hell ended my final runs prematurely.
    I joined about 30 hours before FD ended, and the top ten cutoff for me was just over 26K. There was a 1000-point rush in the last 40 minutes of my Heroic bracket, and I had to heal up in Prologue with OBW to push into #8.

Also, welcome aboard, Mimmer! We hope you'll indulge in our gregarious ways and follow the Path of the Djangolier.
  • HailMary
    coolbond wrote:
    what was your guys strategy for getting your placements?
    I was tuckered out from the 3 back-to-back mega-PvEs, so I didn't bother timing refreshes with any sort of precision. I started about 30 hours before FD, instead of right when Heroic opened, because I forgot that casual players wouldn't wait till after work to start... because it was a Saturday. I initially swept through all of the missions once except for the C.Magneto mission (and the two nodes locked by it), using 1/1/1 MoreThor + max AWolv + max MBW. On the last day of FD, I did an early afternoon (EST) sweep through the right half of the node map, focusing on the right-most third of it (mostly the triple-villain missions, L40-50). Tried out MStorm (never even built her back in my 1* days, so newly leveled a 5/5/3 up to L30, then L40) instead of MBW, found that was brilliant against everyone but Juggs + Rags/Ares/Daken, against whom MBW stun was more useful for putting Juggs and Daken on pause while I repeatedly punched Rags/Ares in the face.

So, by now, I'd missed at least one refresh, and my refresh timing was completely shot. I did maybe a 6-10 fights (fights, not nodes) in the right-most third, a few hours after FD ended. I was in #4 at this point, but mainly because my refresh timing was off. Dropped to the #60's today, so I actually did some real grinding in the initial (leftmost) couple of nodes, and again the rightmost third of the map (L50-70 villains). The main body of the map had L100+, so I wasn't touching those. I got to #4, bu predicted (correctly) that the people who correctly timed their refreshes would have a last-hour surge. 40 min before close, there was a massive surge. Did more grinding using Prologue missions to OBW-heal, maybe 10 more Heroic fights, all in 3-villain nodes. Managed to hang onto #8.

tl;dr - my strategy was to not really strategize, give up a bunch of points, and play using buffed/maxed chars.
  • I pulled off the top 10 sneak for three more covers. I deliberately went slow and only broke into the top 10 near the end to maximize rubber banding and not have the displaced persons scramble. I joined last night after the PVP, played a bit last night, some at lunch, and then a couple/few hours before the end. The pvp threw off my timing, so I probably didn't even do one full clear but ended in the 26k range. Nemek actually snuck past me at the end there.

I don't like the concept of Lazythor, but I really like thor, so I'm happy.
  • HailMary
    Rajjeq wrote:
    I pulled off the top 10 sneak for three more covers. I deliberately went slow and only broke into the top 10 near the end to maximize rubber banding and not have the displaced persons scramble. I joined last night after the PVP, played a bit last night, some at lunch, and then a couple/few hours before the end. The pvp threw off my timing, so I probably didn't even do one full clear but ended in the 26k range. Nemek actually snuck past me at the end there.

I really hope the second half of Heroic also gives 3 MoreThor covers. My MoreThor is already tied for "most-covered 3* I own", so getting him to 3/3/3 would be amyahzong. He will then, rather sadly, have more yellows than my Thor.
  • My stupid 5/5 mbw ends up tanking blue and purple so she always dies or nearly dies. Idiot, hide behind Thor!
  • HailMary
    Rajjeq wrote:
    My stupid 5/5 mbw ends up tanking blue and purple so she always dies or nearly dies. Idiot, hide behind Thor!
    Ha, same here!

It's actually because MBW was dying constantly that I had to sub in MStorm. Worked out well.
  • HailMary
    Front-page announcements are back:

March 19-21 - Divine Champions
    March 18-20 - Hero Lightning Rounds
  • Rajjeq wrote:
    I pulled off the top 10 sneak for three more covers. I deliberately went slow and only broke into the top 10 near the end to maximize rubber banding and not have the displaced persons scramble. I joined last night after the PVP, played a bit last night, some at lunch, and then a couple/few hours before the end. The pvp threw off my timing, so I probably didn't even do one full clear but ended in the 26k range. Nemek actually snuck past me at the end there.

I went to bed #5, about five hours before finish. (Midnight UK) Woke this morning to a top 100 finish and one green lazythor.

Curse you, timezones, curse you!
  • allorin wrote:
    Rajjeq wrote:

I went to bed #5, about five hours before finish. (Midnight UK) Woke this morning to a top 100 finish and one green lazythor.

know what you mean if i had not stayed up i would to only get a lazy thor
  • allorin wrote:
    Rajjeq wrote:

Exactly quite the same (i was 2nd before going to bed...in top 100 when i open MPQ...dammit !!!)
  • Apparently sleeping is for losers icon_e_smile.gif

Only joking, it's frustrating sometimes when that happens and you log on expecting to be top or top 10 and find you have dropped into top 25 or worse.