DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• Bowgentle wrote:
    Shamusyeah wrote:
    If you guys ever make an alliance for retirees I might be interested. Yall are funny and I managed to play in one tourney for 20 minutes this season, so yeah icon_e_smile.gif

Right now me and ladder are sitting alone in a retired shield alliance. Doesn't make for good convo's.
    Goshdarnit, stop making the retirement alliance more interesting than our main one, you people! icon_e_wink.gif

Interesting, but low scoring. If we were in it right now I bet it would put up a goose egg for the Rags tourney.
  • Professa D
    Professa D Posts: 111
    I don't know, if I didn't care about placing high then I could just play in my spare time (a few minutes here and there) to at least get up to 300 points for the token
  • Professa D wrote:
    Retirement is the next progression of the game, and from what I hear the people who are already there seem to enjoy it quite a bit. But the good news about retirement is...you can come out of it (at least if there is ever a good reason to do so). How sad would it be if you left the game for 6-9 months and came back to the SAME STORY LINES AND PVP/PVE FORMAT icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Meet you in retirement s4 for some non-competitive shenanigans and goings on!

You're retiring, Prof? You just joined!

OMG this game is burning people out faster than I thought!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Professa D wrote:
    Retirement is the next progression of the game, and from what I hear the people who are already there seem to enjoy it quite a bit. But the good news about retirement is...you can come out of it (at least if there is ever a good reason to do so). How sad would it be if you left the game for 6-9 months and came back to the SAME STORY LINES AND PVP/PVE FORMAT icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

He's only allowed a temporary reprieve while he's on holiday. I expect stellar performances in season 5 again icon_razz.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Open up Brave Frontier on Saturday morning:
    Here's your announcements with tons of stuff going on!
    Here's a special weekend dungeon where you can earn a ton of gold!
    Here's a special dungeon that runs for 9 days where you can fight a special hard enemy!
    Here's a gazillion regular dungeons where you can grind for karma, xp and gold! They're PVE and not competitive so you can play and have fun!

Open up Puzzles & Dragons on Saturday morning:
    Here's your daily login bonus!
    Here's your mails giving you free stuff because PAD was just released in PAL territories. Free stuff includes premium currency!
    Here's a special weekend dungeon!
    Here's a special dungeon that runs for another 8 days!
    Here's a different special dungeon that runs for another day!
    Here's your regular 9 dungeons!

Open up MPQ on Saturday morning:
    Here's the same stale PVP format you've been playing for the last 5 months! This time with Ragnarok!
    The rewards are IM40, which means the 5th rerun of Heavy Metal is coming up!
    Here's the season which has been going on for 4 weeks! It will be over tomorrow and continue with the same format for another 4 weeks!
    Here's the shield training we've had for 3 months! The rewards suck, but are unattainable anyway!
    Here are the rewards from the same PVE we've had 4 times in the last 8 weeks! It's a **** 2* char which you will never use, but need to have anyway because you need him to play required nodes in the 5th rerun of the next PVE!

*sigh*
  • I haven't played Puzzles and Dragons, but I like Brave Frontier, so I can compare it and MPQ. I'm not sure MPQ compares totally unfavorably because while there are a number of different things going on in Brave Frontier, they too are very "same-y" like MPQ's stuff. I also think Brave Frontier's version of PvP is pretty dumb. On the other hand, they just released a bunch of new six star characters and at the rate they are going it looks like they can continue to keep lifting the caps for a long time, leading to continued high level play for quite a while.
  • yay!!!! new sig icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm stepping down from my alliance and going into a spin-off of Django

The reason been, i got fed up of pve and just commander stuff really. But will now join our new alliance where scores dont matter, and get to talk to all our ex-djangos again icon_e_smile.gif

Then when DjangoRetired beat DjangoUnbuffed in pvp, i will laugh.

Better names for the retired Django alliance:

Djangone

Djangoingforanapnow

DjangoUncommitted

Djagoinoffintothesunset

DjangoUnh.

DjangoUnDjangoed
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Open up Brave Frontier on Saturday morning:
    Here's a special weekend dungeon where you can earn a ton of gold!
    Here's a special dungeon that runs for 9 days where you can fight a special hard enemy!
    Here's a gazillion regular dungeons where you can grind for karma, xp and gold! They're PVE and not competitive so you can play and have fun!

Open up Puzzles & Dragons on Saturday morning:
    Here's your daily login bonus!
    Here's your mails giving you free stuff because PAD was just released in PAL territories. Free stuff includes premium currency!
    Here's a special weekend dungeon!
    Here's a special dungeon that runs for another 8 days!
    Here's your regular 9 dungeons!

Open up MPQ on Saturday morning:
    Here's the same stale PVP format you've been playing for the last 5 months! This time with Ragnarok!
    The rewards are IM40, which means the 5th rerun of Heavy Metal is coming up!
    Here's the season which has been going on for 4 weeks! It will be over tomorrow and continue with the same format for another 4 weeks!
    Here's the shield training we've had for 3 months! The rewards suck, but are unattainable anyway!
    Here are the rewards from the same PVE we've had 4 times in the last 8 weeks! It's a **** 2* char which you will never use, but need to have anyway because you need him to play required nodes in the 5th rerun of the next PVE!

*sigh*

I think this sums it up quite nicely. I've been PADing away the past few weeks and am loving all the freebies and variety. I logged on to MPQ a couple days back, played a couple fights, got bored and turned it off again. I don't miss the MPQ slog of mundaneness.
  • qtquazar wrote:
    I'm stepping down from my alliance and going into a spin-off of Django

The reason been, i got fed up of pve and just commander stuff really. But will now join our new alliance where scores dont matter, and get to talk to all our ex-djangos again icon_e_smile.gif

Then when DjangoRetired beat DjangoUnbuffed in pvp, i will laugh.

Better names for the retired Django alliance:

Djangone

Djangoingforanapnow

DjangoUncommitted

Djagoinoffintothesunset

DjangoUnh.

DjangoUnDjangoed

I wanted to use WE TIRED.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    I'm moving to the retirement villia... uh... alliance as well.

The constant seasons are just ... wearing. I don't want to drag the more active Django's down with my lackluster scores.

Who knows, the shine may be back in a month or so. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    So with no season 4 does this mean the potential retirees will stay and relax in DUPrime?
  • Bowgentle
    So with no season 4 does this mean the potential retirees will stay and relax in DUPrime?
    Apparently the leavers can't get out of the regular alliance fast enough, lol.
  • Professa D
    Professa D Posts: 111
    Bowgentle wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Professa D wrote:

He's only allowed a temporary reprieve while he's on holiday. I expect stellar performances in season 5 again icon_razz.gif

I would def stay in but am going on a journey with the Mrs. through Europe on our way to TOMORROWLAND for about 3 weeks. If I'm in an airport waiting for a flight or on a train with WiFi I will definitely be looking to play MPQ, but not going to even begin to try to explain to my wife "oh sorry honey, we're going to have to miss that tour of the Louvre so I can make sure I get top 5 in this PvP, cause, you know, Daken..." icon_lol.gif

Looking forward to joining DjangoReBuffed so I can stay in touch with all you skip-skaps and skalliwags but my overall season 4 (if there is one) score will be lucky to cross 5,000.

BUT since they have not yet started a season 4 and our flight doesn't leave until Wednesday at 9am (which is exactly when the IM40 PvP comes to an end) means I can still throw down a 900+ pt performance for the Daken covers (still need one more black - just spent 3750 HP 5 days ago icon_rolleyes.gif ). So if it's OK with y'all I would like to stay in until at least Wednesday after the rewards come in at which point I can leave and apply to the retirement alliance during my layover in NY before we depart for Prague. If not it's no biggie, I can probably snag the black on my own but would rather not have to get t5 since I'm anticipating a hyper-competitive bracket no matter when I join.
  • The plaza in front of DjangoUnbuffed HQ was a mess. The lawn was strewn with garbage – broken lawn furniture, empty bottles, bed sheets, a cartoonishly oversized bra and what could only be described as bloomers rippled in the breeze. The bronze statue of the gunslinger at the center of the plaza was draped in so many unspooled rolls of toilet paper that HailMary could barely make out the shape in the center of disaster. Someone had drawn a chalk hopscotch game on the concrete at the statue’s base and inscribed childish emoticon faces along the walk to the HQ’s door in every color of chalk HailMary had ever seen.

The door slide aside with a whoosh as he entered, but nearly slammed into him closing; it was jammed by a Spiderman collectible vinyl figure on the inner track. The normally pristine lobby of Django HQ was covered in scraps of yellow paper that had been scribbled on in crayon and torn from a legal pad. He picked one up to examine it. Wavy lines were mashed up on the page and the single word AMOEBA was written on the bottom. From what he could see the others were decorated in exactly the same manner.

HailMary paused at the front desk when the robot receptionist, Sylvia, stood and greeted him. “Welcome back, Mr. Mary. How was your trip?”

“Please don’t call me that,” he said, as he had done a hundred times before. “Mr. Mary is my father.”

“Is everything okay?” he asked, glancing up to the floor above where a shirtless Coolbond hung, slightly askew of vertical but entirely upside down, secured to the railing above by his belt and sleeping like a bat.

“Of course, Mr. Mary. I believe they had a small celebration last night. Something about the end of season 3,” Sylvia droned at him.

“Thank you, Sylvia,” he said, making his way up the winding glass stair to the floor above. He stepped, not gingerly enough, over Tannen, passed out on the eleventh step wrapped in a turban that covered his eyes. “G’day, mate,” he slurred, tumbling down the next ten steps. At the bottom he belched.

At the top of the steps he went to the vault door that led to the inner sanctum. He entered the code 07734 and went inside.
  • GozuTashoya and FoxyMulder were dancing to “What Does the Fox Say?” Pats123 was spinning the record.

“What happened here?” HailMary asked them, as they seemed to be the only conscious people in the room.

GozuTashoya only shrugged. Foxy answered, “Nothing.” At HailMay’s raised eyebrow she continued, “Okay, Verne smash… a little.” Pats said, “Ask the guy on the couch,” and pointed toward the door to the staff meeting room.

Professa D, RKD, and SpiderAmerica were all asleep inside that door, on their backs, their heads in a circle and holding hands together. At the perfect center of that circle was a tie-dyed hookah with pipes. The room was heavy with burnt oolong. How much tea had they smoked?

At the back of the room was a tattered, much used sofa, beige fabric printed with lavender and teal blooms. It was an old lady couch, complete with a pair of once white doilies on top. Curled there, with his back facing out was a figure HailMary thought he recognized. Bowgentle? He approached the man and reached out to touch his shoulder.

“Haiii - Ya!” A woman dropped from the decorative rafters (the architect had said they were so in). She swung her arm in a long arc her flat hand stopping its pseudo karate chop just before HailMary’s neck. “He left strict instructions not to be disturbed,” AlexielKitty said, her unkempt hair and crazy eyes giving HailMary a moment’s pause.

“I just need to ask him what happened,” he said. He shook BowGentle’s shoulder.

The man on the couch awakened. He rolled over, blinking his groggy eyes. “What’s the meaning of this? Who has awakened Bowgentle?”

“What-“ HailMary started.

“How DARE you?” Bowgentle whipped to his feet. “You speak to Bowgentle? Bowgentle does not ask for your speech. Bowgentle is busy sleeping, but you wake Bowgentle! I left orders, did I not Alexiel Kitty?”

So she karate chopped Hailmary in the neck, which rendered him instantly unconscious.
  • When consciousness returned he found himself locked in the bathroom with Grael23. HM was on the john, Grael23 was in the bathtub weeping; he was holding out a comic book. “Read it,” he said between sobs, “just read it!” It was a recent first issue. Waid and Samnee Daredevil. “It’s joyous! It’s good! After all that has been done to him, all that Daredevil has been subjected to! He’s had Kingpin and Kevin Smith, Ben Affleck, for god’s sake, Ben Affleck! And what they’ve done to him in MPQ! Just read it, I tell you, it is joyous!”

The door shot open, saving HM from that uncomfortable moment. Jamie Madrox was in his Deadpool cosplay and smelled like stale beer. “Hurry,” he whispered, “I can get you out before Bow wakes up again.”

“Out? I don’t want out? What’s going on?”

Jamie closed the bathroom door and shushed Grael. It was cramped with the three of them in there. “You didn’t know? dlaw008 told Bowgentle he was in charge. He gave him a plastic sheriff star then ran outside to TP the statue. Bow talks about himself in 3rd person now. He ordered The Joker, chococat and j12601 taken to the dungeon.”

“Wait, wait. We have a dungeon? And who’s j12601?”

Jamie grimaced. “No, of course we don’t have a dungeon. But the three of them got drunk and passed out somewhere. Now Bow thinks he can send people to the dungeon!”

“We’ve got to get dlaw back! Someone has to fix this.”

“dlaw is gone, I’m telling you. He’s not coming back. As he was running out the door I could hear him singing that Doors song. ‘This is the end, my only friend the end!’ We’ve seen the last of him.”

“There has to be someone around here with the ability to shut down Bowgentle’s power-drunk madness! Someone with authority and gravitas, someone respectable that Bow will listen to!”

Just then the door to the bathroom popped open one last time. Haloed by the light behind him in the frame of the door stood TheUnwiseOne, naked as the day he was born, his eyes bloodshot and halflidded. He absently scratched his belly.

“I don’t know what you fellas are doing in here, though if it is something depraved and sexual I will happily join, but I’ll need you to clear the toilet for just a moment. I’m building up a gusher here.” He pointed at a bit of his exposed anatomy to indicate where, exactly, the gusher was building.

With that naked figure of dignity and gravitas in tow, HailMary managed to sort out the problems that his absence had caused. Everyone decided to sleep it off and resume celebrating tomorrow.

“So about that depraved sexual activity thing…” TU1 looked to Hailmary hopefully.

“Not happening.” HM started for the control room.

“Are you sure? Because, I mean, I have some time…”

The passed through the room where Gozu and Foxy had been dancing. Pats had switched from party music to the first Doors album. The last song was playing.

“You haven’t seen Foxy have you? I could use a hug…” TU1 was still trailing HM, he seemed to have nowhere to go and no clothes to wear.

HM preceded him into the control room. BKHamamoto was there, working intently, matching colors. “Finally,” BK said. “It’s like no one does any work around here.” He looked back, intently avoiding any areas TU1 might have been scratching.

“Don’t worry, my friend, this is just the beginning. Just the beginning.”

Jim Morrison’s voice wafted in from the other room.

And that is exactly how it happened.
  • Crypto surveyed his domain.
    A few interns inexplicably unconscious and lacking clothing under a desk in the laser lab.
    There was a friendly group of hobos in the break room eating sandwiches.
    A cyber-gorilla from biotech seemed to be playing catch with a few of the experiments in the robotics lab who didn't know they were playing, don't want to know what the ball is made of.
    The reports say the plasma lab tried to make a room sized sandcastle then "glass that tinkitty" staff from plasma lab missing, also plasma lab missing.
    The temporal lab has a distinct aroma about it, with "Lets do the Time Warp" playing on a loop interrupted only by occasional giggling heard somewhere in the back.

He finally found one of his researchers, "What happened here, Shoals?"
    "Well they got bored. None of the scheduled experiments were being terribly, uh, profitable. So they just started doing whatever they wanted. Some stopped showing up all together, some got new job offers. The temporal lab decided to start a project to make every day causal Friday."
    "What happened in Plasma?" Crypto interjected.
    "Well to put it simply they burned themselves out"
    "Jesus, that is terrible. What should we do now, think it is salvageable? I know we gave a few tenure so it might be hard to reorganize from the ground up. Maybe we should see if there are other offers out there and let those nice hobos have run of the place. I hear some of the djangollamadingdongs are retiring to a private island or something that sounds nice maybe I'll give them a call and see if they would even want a retired scientist. I guess in the meantime I'll stay put and try to hold this place together."
  • Found out what Doug, Jack and Bow get up too in their spare time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc17H68IKMs&list=PLwnD0jwK0yylKY_K4ureUz5d0tgFkRuHa&index=6
  • Bowgentle - can we be friends in Brave Frontier? What's your player ID?