DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome, welcome!

Now we have cookies _and_ beer. Excellent.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    With that many negative pushes that I did in this PVP I should apply at Ace of Blades, they would be honored ^^
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Shhhh.
    Arrogant will start asking for cookies again if you give him any ideas!

screw-you-guys-i-m-going-home-o.gif
  • Does this mean RKD has been promoted to foot scubber?
  • Professa D
    Professa D Posts: 111
    HailMary wrote:
    DjangoUnbuffed welcomes Dr. Duffman85, our new Senior Vice President of Stocking the Fridge with Beer, into the fold!

OHHHHH YEAH!

Thanks again for having me, guys. Looking forward to a good season 3!
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    A promotion? Sweet.
  • Professa D
    Decided to reduce confusion and just start a new account with my actual MPQ un, but I am still Duffman in spirit so the beer will be a flowin'! (at least if any of y'all find yourselves in the LA area that is).

Gonna have to work hard to get my massive 20 reputation points back icon_cry.gif but I guess that's one of the benefits of being more of a lurker than a poster - less to leave behind.

Now that I'm part of an actively chatting/posting alliance, might as well start fresh, what with all the shenanigans and goings on...
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Professa D wrote:
    Decided to reduce confusion and just start a new account with my actual MPQ un, but I am still Duffman in spirit so the beer will be a flowin'! (at least if any of y'all find yourselves in the LA area that is).

Gonna have to work hard to get my massive 20 reputation points back icon_cry.gif but I guess that's one of the benefits of being more of a lurker than a poster - less to leave behind.

Now that I'm part of an actively chatting/posting alliance, might as well start fresh, what with all the shenanigans and goings on...
    Heh, sounds good. Were Ice not dormant for weeks, I'd've recommended PMing him to simply change your forum name to match your IGN, but this is probably the best idea at this time. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Professa D
    Oh, didn't even know that was an option. Meh, "ain't nobody got time for that!"
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    And people say that getting iso to level to 230 is hard to come by.

Try forum posts. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TU1, somehow this remind me of your twerking posts. what have you done to my brain! also something to relieve from the drama of General
    minheestellarmarionette032714x03.gif
    For research purpose only, here is the full video
  • Wow. I just read "The Thread". I can't look away for a second! Pretty shocking stuff.

A 186 IQ!!?!
  • HailMary
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Wow. I just read "The Thread". I can't look away for a second! Pretty shocking stuff.

A 186 IQ!!?!
    From MENSA's Official Debate Strategy Guide:

Strategy #5: call people ****. Repeat if necessary.
    Strategy #16: assume godhood.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    HailMary wrote:
    Strategy #5: call people ****. Repeat if necessary.

Not to mention simple spelling and grammar (not Gamar) mistakes don't necessarily scream "High IQ" to one's potential audience. As a matter of fact, I have no idea what my IQ might be. Is this something for which an average schoolchild is tested? The only other people I've ever personally known capable of rattling off their own IQ score were quite misplacedly arrogant (not the Bastard), although one of them is a lifelong and treasured friend. The only other times I can recall hearing about people taking IQ tests are for the purpose of determining fitness in criminal trials.

The whole IQ thing seems weird to me. It purports to measure only potential, am I correct? It does not suggest that a higher IQ person will actually know more than a lower IQ person, merely that they could if the two people applied themselves equally. But if a person has a very high IQ, but does not build up a great store of knowledge, aren't they just the 'emptiest receptacle', so to speak?

And since I am pontificating, what is so insulting about being called a ****? I happen to like them a lot, and I am fairly confident that I am not alone in my feelings. A **** is desired by 50% (give or take) of the human population beyond all bounds of rationality. Wouldn't that be a good thing? Not to mention being the subway between the womb and Earth, the portal through which all new members of our species arrive.

I suppose that, as an epithet, it is freighted with a long cultural history of misogyny that would be considered insulting by backward thinkers, hillbillies, and general reactionaries, but using the word in this unenlightened manner hardly seems the domain of a highly intelligent person. Much like calling a child a homophobic slur in elementary school should lose effectiveness as the children age, since there is no intrinsic insult in such a word.

On the other hand, there are very effective and suitable insults available to be had. Scheming, maniacal, pompous, jerk, backstabbing, and others all denote particular undesirable traits and are excellent insults, when true. Even coarser physical references such as stinky, ugly, etc. can be effective insults in this way.

Of course all of the above does rely on human cultural standards and mores. What defines an undesirable trait to us might actually be perfectly fine in some other setting, such as the planet Klingon.

Oh well, just some food for thought. Nothing veiled in that wall of text.

Edit: autocorrect strikes again!
  • Professa D
    Well played, d. I stopped reading the thread around page 3 cause it was derailing rapidly. Checked in on it again today around page 15 or so but didn't seem like it was making any "progress" icon_rolleyes.gif so I bailed and got back to work (real job work, not tanking MMR work)
  • Professa D
    Love the chat thread retitling btw. So fresh icon_lol.gif
  • HailMary
    Leave it to dlaw to seriously class up this joint. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I swear this forum is getting weirder by the day.

We have people declaring they are God's.

We have others declaring they are pro player's......funny, i didn't know we could be paid professionally and make a living from this game.

Others spouting out their I.Q. without been able to read or write properly.

Hailmary.

And that's not even counting all the normal weirdo's who i shall not name............................
    arktos
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Professa D wrote:
    Love the chat thread retitling btw. So fresh icon_lol.gif
    "We don't cheat - We play harder!"

Shouldn't it be "We don't play - we cheat harder!"?

Oh wait. This ISN'T an X-Men forum? Sorry...
    We have people declaring they are God's.

We have others declaring they are pro player's......funny, i didn't know we could be paid professionally and make a living from this game.

Pretty sure that's all the same guy.
    I love you nutjobs.
  • We have people declaring they are God's.

Pretty sure that's all the same guy.
    Unfortunately, it's not icon_e_confused.gif
  • Glad you boys don't have an IQ minimum to hang out here. I'd have to ask for an ability to sub my weight in for an IQ score. Maybe he just chats with his buddy Stephen Hawkins and they have found the secrets of the MPQ universe...and that blackholes do exists. ..I.e. MPQ cheat detection.