DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• Moar like buy a Stark-nado, amirite?

GTFO!!!

• Moar like buy a Stark-nado, amirite?

GTFO!!!

Get the fun out? I respectfully refuse. What happened? This used to be my safe place, and now that Tyrion has been pronounced guilty I'm no longer safe? That means in this analogy I'm Sansa Stark, and I really don't care for that comparison. #teamarya
  • Unfortunately, no one is really safe around TheUnwiseOne.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Unfortunately, no one is really safe around TheUnwiseOne.
    Do not be fooled by how many times he says "safety."
  • Bummed about The Ladder. I'm sure the Shield guys are no happier.

But, since everything has to be a joke, now at least they can get Nazerith or Klingsor.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dark souls is free on 360 right now. All I know about it is it's hard and the stills looks like infinity blade. Also people seem to wet themselves over it. Experiences? I'm gonna get it bc it's free obviously, just trying to see where I should prioritize it
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    All I know about it is it's hard and the stills looks like infinity blade. Also people seem to wet themselves over it.
    Sounds just like my Asgard Treasure.
  • Dark souls is free on 360 right now. All I know about it is it's hard and the stills looks like infinity blade. Also people seem to wet themselves over it. Experiences? I'm gonna get it bc it's free obviously, just trying to see where I should prioritize it

It's a pretty unique game. Only a dozen or so NPCs, dialogues are few and far between, story is pretty much just implicit and there are just lore tidbits here and there, so it all contributes to set the tone of the game, you kinda feel desolate there.

There's almost no handholding and the game doesn't shy away from punishing you for your mistakes. Took the wrong way and ended up in a place that you can't handle? You can go bang your head against the wall until you realize you went the wrong way. Accidentaly hit the blacksmith? Well, now he is hitting you back and if you kill him he's gone for good. Considering the game is constantly autosaving and there's no manual save, pretty much everything you do is definitive.

But the game also lets you get away with all kinds of stuff if you are skilled enough and know enough of how the game works. Finishing the game at level 1, finishing the game in a couple hours, finishing the game with just a shield or a broken sword. Pretty much everything is viable in the game, at least the PVE part. PVP is where minmaxing is kinda needed.

If you like that kind of game, it's a great one.
  • Dark Souls is amazing. Felt like a badass when i finally completed it icon_e_smile.gif but be warned, rage will ensue, but good rage icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Bummed about The Ladder. I'm sure the Shield guys are no happier.

But, since everything has to be a joke, now at least they can get Nazerith or Klingsor.

Also bummed about The Ladder.

They can't get Klingsor, he quit after season 1 ended. Nazerith is still around though. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tannen wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:

They can't get Klingsor, he quit after season 1 ended. Nazerith is still around though. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Klingsor is still in the Venoms, just playing a lot less.
    Also, Ladder icon_e_sad.gif
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Tannen wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:

Klingsor is still in the Venoms, just playing a lot less.
    Also, Ladder icon_e_sad.gif
    Klingsor keeps promising to demote himself to one of the lower 5DX, but he hasn't yet.

We're bummed about TheLadder (and the other members who have decided to stop playing), but we've made it a priority to ensure that any new S.H.I.E.L.D members fit the group. That's more important than getting a gazillion points from newbies who will burn out.
  • Bowgentle
    Klingsor keeps promising to demote himself to one of the lower 5DX, but he hasn't yet.

We're bummed about TheLadder (and the other members who have decided to stop playing), but we've made it a priority to ensure that any new S.H.I.E.L.D members fit the group. That's more important than getting a gazillion points from newbies who will burn out.
    Good on you to soldier on. When beezer left I thought you'd just continue on with 19 people, but with only 15 people you had to act.
    I'm sure you'll get the best of the best again - in terms of balance and quality of play, not in the Slobo/Kakko sense of getting to 1500 each and every PVP.
    After all, you can choose from the very best the forum has to offer, I don't think many people would turn down an offer from S.H.I.E.L.D icon_e_wink.gif
  • It makes me wonder why S.H.I.E.L.D haven't asked me to join yet though. Not that i would of course. No more innocent orphan blood will be spilled on my account.
  • Bowgentle
    It makes me wonder why S.H.I.E.L.D haven't asked me to join yet though. Not that i would of course. No more innocent orphan blood will be spilled on my account.
    I didn't get an invite either.
    It's probably because they know that we would _never_ leave this great brotherhood we have here.
    Right? Right?
    It's definitely not because we suck, can't be.
  • The only one who sucks around here is HailMary. That could be taking in 2 ways. I mean both of them.
  • I am quite hard core too... last time sleeping 2, 3 hrs to farm lr... not sleeping to play pve when subs are ending.. quite sad bee did not even consider me..
  • I am quite hard core too... last time sleeping 2, 3 hrs to farm lr... not sleeping to play pve when subs are ending.. quite sad bee did not even consider me..
    It's probably cause your "noob"

No worries they didnt want a mascot ferret either so I woudnt sweat it much icon_lol.gif
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    I haven't been involved too much in the decisions about who to invite, but I suspect it's because you all seem very content where you are.