DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• beemand2g wrote:
    I still hope he pops in one day to say he is ok.
    Did you guys not have him on FB or anything that you could check? It's a bit worrying icon_e_sad.gif

I think he just unjoined everything, it was quite random
  • Soooo... Watch Dogs IS just GTA with hacking. It reminds me of the "hacking" in Syndicate. Contextual button presses mostly.

Still pretty good, though. The hacking does make for some really cool environmental puzzles, and give the game some good fun stealth possibilities as well. Wasting too much time on the chess puzzles, lol.
  • Yeah, I had a weekend with the wife and kids away, so played a lot of it. It's a pretty good game, but not earth shattering. I like the hacking during chases to use environmental effects to take down your opponents; that was always one of the most difficult things for me about GTA, etc.

And Jordi Chen is now one of my top ten favorite video game characters.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    OMG SPOILER ALERT?! icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Yeah, I had a weekend with the wife and kids away, so played a lot of it. It's a pretty good game, but not earth shattering. I like the hacking during chases to use environmental effects to take down your opponents; that was always one of the most difficult things for me about GTA, etc.

And Jordi Chen is now one of my top ten favorite video game characters.

I've been playing so many side missions to gain XP for upgrades that I've barely touched the story yet. Haven't even finished Act I, lol. One early mission tasked me with hacking into something and there were like 15 guards inside. Was able to jump from camera to camera and puzzle my way through to the end point without even getting out of the car. That felt pretty damn good. And the Blackout device is great too for when you want to get up close and personal. Very Batman-y.
  • I gotta say that i was rather disappointed in the fact that its pretty much a GTA clone. That alone will prevent me from ever buying the game as i cant stand the GTA series.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Watch Dogs arrived yesterday... sadly, along with Mario Kart 8.
    Since one's a single player thing, and the other one a split screen affair... yeah, it'll be a few weekends till I get to WD.

Finished Transistor, though. Love the battle system now that I got all the upgrades.
    It did crash my PS4 though, so badly that I had to do a hard reboot with the power button, which hasn't happened before. Twice, too.Also, I have no idea why this console is running so darned hot all the time. Smart decision, to run the hot air over all the cables in the back, too - that's just asking for trouble.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Since one's a single player thing, and the other one a split screen affair... yeah, it'll be a few weekends till I get to WD.

Finished Transistor, though. Love the battle system now that I got all the upgrades.
    It did crash my PS4 though, so badly that I had to do a hard reboot with the power button, which hasn't happened before. Twice, too.Also, I have no idea why this console is running so darned hot all the time. Smart decision, to run the hot air over all the cables in the back, too - that's just asking for trouble.

Did you do all the challenge rooms? I'm stuck on one and wondering if I need to try and brute force it or can just move on.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

Did you do all the challenge rooms? I'm stuck on one and wondering if I need to try and brute force it or can just move on.
    I did the first of each one and then decided I''d finish the story first. I just got to the back room again in my second playthrough, so I'll be working on the challenges soon.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone played the new wolfenstein? I've never been a big fan of the genre but I loves me some bethesda. I might get it just be I know the story will be very good.
  • No, but I was considering it. The massive irony of it was that Wolfenstein has gotten better reviews than Watch Dogs. One of them had massive hype, the other is descended from a crumbling lineage.
  • HailMary
    dlaw008 wrote:
    No, but I was considering it. The massive irony of it was that Wolfenstein has gotten better reviews than Watch Dogs. One of them had massive hype, the other is descended from a crumbling lineage.
    Not to mention the contrast in how polished the gameplay trailers were. Watch Dogs looked slick as heck, while Wolfenstein looked like a Yet Another Blood-Spattered FPS.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81gCxvUo-dg Videos a bit long so skip to 2:00 for the action part if you like icon_e_smile.gif

Speaking of games, THIS is probably the best moment and most fun i ever had with a game. It still ranks in my top 5 games of all time. The music, the story, the graphics, everything was just amazing in this game and this part blew me away. No stupid ote's or mini games, full control and what a moment. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Holy balls. I feel bad for that abomination. He was just sitting there being majestic. Minding his own business. That little dude that got all stabby on him is a ****

That being said, it did look pretty sweet. Reminded me of some of the devil may cry 4 and god of war bosses
  • Holy balls. I feel bad for that abomination. He was just sitting there being majestic. Minding his own business. That little dude that got all stabby on him is a ****

That being said, it did look pretty sweet. Reminded me of some of the devil may cry 4 and god of war bosses

Indeed, that was just the 5th colossus too, each one got better. Think there were 13 if my memory is correct. But yeah the whole game was figuring out how to find them, and then how to kill them. Some were a ****. But the game did make you feel pretty bad for killing them icon_e_sad.gif
  • Spoiler!!! icon_evil.gif you should get your face smashed in for that!
  • laoahpeh wrote:
    Spoiler!!! icon_evil.gif you should get your face smashed in for that!

It is the mildest of spoilers. One must still wonder what sequence of events brought it to this, and what, exactly, will it mean going forward? It's the sort of thing to whet a person's appetite, rather than ruin it.

And I also waited until it happened in the show before I said anything, despite having read the book some time ago.
  • Who's excited for MStorm? No, no, I don't mean MStorm - MStorm.

Jeez, not MStorm, no, the new one whose powers are green red black. Gosh no, not MStorm, MSorm! The 3 star!
  • HailMary
    I thought Megastorm, then I thought "The Perfect Storm", and then I thought about storm movies.

Now I wanna call her "Sharknado."
  • HailMary wrote:
    I thought Megastorm, then I thought "The Perfect Storm", and then I thought about storm movies.

Now I wanna call her "Sharknado."

Moar like buy a Stark-nado, amirite?