DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• dlaw008 wrote:
    Sounds good to me.

I went the Xbox One route, rather than PS4, mostly because I prefer the controller. So I think Transistor is not happening for me. I've played a lot of Titanfall, but I guess that is a no-go for you. I'm on for Watch Dogs next week, though. That game looks mighty interesting. It could be a brilliant evolution or it could be a massive ambition implosion. Then again, it might just be GTA with hacking. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Titanfall looks great, and I still have my 360 hooked up so I could play it there if I wanted. Just don't really dig multi-player shooters anymore, with Borderlands 2 as the exception. And that's really just for the fun couch co-op and I'm a sucker for any game where numbers fly off your enemy when you hit them, lol.

If Watch Dogs ends up being GTA with hacking I'm kinda ok with that. Saint's Row 3 was GTA with better jokes and I loved that game. I'm hoping more for Assassin's Creed with hacking, but who knows?
    Saints Row 3 was one of my all time favorites. Not only was the game hilarious, but they absolutely nailed the 3rd person to vehicle transition stuff seamlessly, much better than Rockstar's efforts, in my opinion.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sweet sweet borderlands 2...

I wish I was gunzerking with duel double penetrating unkempt harolds and a bee shield right now. Or managing anarchy stacks while bouncing my electric fibber

Oh loot... I miss you. But I miss tiny Tina the most. I might kill Terramorphous a few times this weekend just to relive good times
  • dlaw, I will hit You in 3hrs time.

Just let me know if You need some pts, then I'll retreat. Otherwise - You have 3 hrs to get better pts. Your better pts means better pts for me. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Emeryt wrote:
    dlaw, I will hit You in 3hrs time.

Just let me know if You need some pts, then I'll retreat. Otherwise - You have 3 hrs to get better pts. Your better pts means better pts for me. icon_e_wink.gif
    Awww, dang it, I was trying to relax now that Season 2 started. I wasn't planning on making better points.

As a matter of fact, the only reason I broke 1000 was to snipe at a couple of bkhamamoto's challengers in the bracket we share. Which was momentarily fun, but kind of stupid, since I will have to inject some cash into the game if I burn shields and boosts even when I'm not planning on winning. icon_redface.gif

Edit: and btw, WYP and I share a season bracket. I would start to get paranoid - last month reckless, this month WYP, but I really don't care where I place this time. If you count the ten packs as individual tokens I probably have 75 or so to open. My previous record had been 81, but this time I'm waiting for them to add the new guy, what's his name, Nova? Northstar? Something like that.

And yes I do know who North Star is.
  • @dlaw hey its just simply your turn to be with WYP. Me and coolbond had him last season so its only right he have another django with him icon_e_wink.gif
  • I'm so not a season threat this time. I burned so much unnecessary HP - it was ridiculous, lol. I'm not going to deplete my nest egg any longer. Back to classic WYP gameplay - gain HP when I don't need the covers, come out even when I do. The last few weeks were like a fever dream. I'll average somewhere between 900-1100 this season. Last time I was pushing 1300 on average. Soooooo stupid.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    dlaw008 wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Sounds good to me.

I went the Xbox One route, rather than PS4, mostly because I prefer the controller. So I think Transistor is not happening for me. I've played a lot of Titanfall, but I guess that is a no-go for you. I'm on for Watch Dogs next week, though. That game looks mighty interesting. It could be a brilliant evolution or it could be a massive ambition implosion. Then again, it might just be GTA with hacking. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Titanfall looks great, and I still have my 360 hooked up so I could play it there if I wanted. Just don't really dig multi-player shooters anymore, with Borderlands 2 as the exception. And that's really just for the fun couch co-op and I'm a sucker for any game where numbers fly off your enemy when you hit them, lol.

If Watch Dogs ends up being GTA with hacking I'm kinda ok with that. Saint's Row 3 was GTA with better jokes and I loved that game. I'm hoping more for Assassin's Creed with hacking, but who knows?
    Saints Row 3 was one of my all time favorites. Not only was the game hilarious, but they absolutely nailed the 3rd person to vehicle transition stuff seamlessly, much better than Rockstar's efforts, in my opinion.
    Before fondling the PS4 controller, I was firmly in the XB1 camp, since the 360 controller was, for me, ergonomically so many leagues ahead of the DS3 that there was no contest. However, the DS4 is a wonderful redesign. Gone are the palm grips seemingly designed in MS Paint and convex everything. Now, the thumbsticks and triggers secure my fingers wonderfully -- even the touchpad was surprisingly usable without uncomfortable stretching. So, now I'm on the fence. I'm sure I'll eventually get both, but for now, undecided.

I, too, would like Watch Dogs to be Assassin's Creed: God Edition. It certainly seems to borrow many elements from AC (minimalist geometric overlays, character animation fidelity, social stealth emphasis), and it's by Ubisoft, so I'm pretty confident it'll feel right.

I loved Saints Row 3. While I think GTA V is a vast UX improvement over the previous GTAs, SR3 still handily trumps it in terms of fluidity and control responsiveness.

(2/3)
  • Guess I'll have to buy a ps4 sooner than I expected. If HailMary endorses it....
  • The new Dualshock is a great design. The old one cramped my hands and the triggers sucked. New one feels great even over long play sessions. 360 was my jam last gen; don't regret going Sony first this time at all. Infamous: Second Son was solid too.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I like your new thread title but it's false advertisement goshdangit ^^^
  • HailMary
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Guess I'll have to buy a ps4 sooner than I expected. If HailMary endorses it....
    Above all else, the most important thing you should take away from your entire Django experience is this: HailMary is always right.

And now, my l33t journey (to the west) has concluded.

Finis.
  • So we have me breaking the world record with 85 thumbs up. We have Clintman completing his meta-game of getting more thumbs up then posts and now we have HM with his Leet rep. It's fair to say we are nerds and have no life.

finis
  • Someones decided to crash in on my main in PVE lol
  • beemand2g wrote:
    Someones decided to crash in on my main in PVE lol
    I thought you could use some company icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary wrote:
    I loved Saints Row 3. While I think GTA V is a vast UX improvement over the previous GTAs, SR3 still handily trumps it in terms of fluidity and control responsiveness.
    It was so utterly insane, just brilliant. Waiting for SR4 GOTY.
  • Moghwyn wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

SR4 is a little less funny than 3, but exponentially awesomer gameplay. Think SR3 + Crackdown + Prototype and you're close. I played SR4 before GTA5 and when I started GTA5 I was like, "I have to drive places????!? Bull kitty."
  • locked wrote:

Stop your complaining!
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    locked wrote:

Stop your complaining!

and make some sandwiches while your at it.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moghwyn wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

SR4 is a little less funny than 3, but exponentially awesomer gameplay. Think SR3 + Crackdown + Prototype and you're close. I played SR4 before GTA5 and when I started GTA5 I was like, "I have to drive places????!? Bull kitty."
    You got me to download Transistor today, even though I wanted to wait for a sale.
    I'd better like it!
    (loved Bastion).
  • HailMary
    Prototype was cray-cray. It was a tad too cray-cray for me -- being so OP got a bit boring after a while.

At least in GTA V, every fourth car is a Fambo, Fauxgani, or Fauxrche, right? Right? You're no longer stealing Fauxyotas all day, and you get to listen to a dude say "n---a" every 3.5 seconds. Also, can you do yoga in SR4? Yeah, that's what I thought. icon_razz.gif
    locked wrote:
    false advertisement
    Redundant. Also, there never was any banana bread. icon_e_surprised.gif However, we do have water that we purified by adding Django Essence to it. Our Fortified Django Water is so water that it cures cancer the way our ancestors' water did.

L33t Journey, World Tour Two: Don't Stop Believin' has commenced.