DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• Ya'll opening ten packs yet? I only got one since I ended up in 31st place (kind of forgot about the Rags tourney until the last minute ... had otherwise been in 11th place like the entire season. Poop.).

I got a Wolvie X-Force yellow and a GSBW green (that I already have maxed, so meh).
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    FoxyMulder wrote:
    Ya'll opening ten packs yet? I only got one since I ended up in 31st place (kind of forgot about the Rags tourney until the last minute ... had otherwise been in 11th place like the entire season. Poop.).

I got a Wolvie X-Force yellow and a GSBW green (that I already have maxed, so meh).
    Nah, I'm waiting for UberDaken to enter the token pool before opening mine. Sorry to hear about your eleventh-hour placement drop. :-/

I definitely didn't want to do the final Rags tourney, but I managed to grind it for Season's sake, and ended up just about HP-flat after rewards.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2014
    Hey Panda and Tannen a little help with BraveFrontier icon_e_smile.gif how do you fuse properly? All i do is pick the level 1 guys and fuse them together or i make sure their element colours are the same. Is that right? What happens if i fuse my main guy with another max guy?

Fusing like to like (eg, fire guys to fire guys) nets you the best XP overall (from memory, you lose 30% of the exp if you fuse non-like). Sometimes (depending on what you're fusing) you'll get "great"(1.5x) or "super"(2x) success. This seems to be when you fuse a "metal" ghost/god into your dudes, but can also happen at seemingly random times.

If you've found a character who doesn't have levels (eg at 1/1 they're listed as "Max") these guys give a lot of exp when you fuse them in. Unfortunatly, they're also generally used to evolve your dudes, so you've gotta pick, use them for exp, or save them to evolve your dude. To evolve your dude, you need to have him at max level, all the ingrediants listed at the bottom of the screen, and the gold amount (also listed at the bottom of the sceen) you'll want to evolve as soon as you can, because, although they drop in level, they max out much, much higher.

I do try to keep one of each guy around (Pokemon), but that's not strictly necessary.

As long as your main dude is the "base" for the fusion, that's fine. The base is never destroyed and will simply gain exp, no matter who the ingredients are. If, on the other hand, you use your main dude as an ingredient to another fusion, he's gone for good... Actually, you might get lucky with honor summons and get him back... Unlikely though, don't do it.

If you guys are at MAX level, fusion is ONLY useful levelling the BBurst up (don't do this at your level, evolve them instead). Find a dude with the same "sort" of BB and fuse them in, you'll level the BBurst of your character and it will become more powerful. Be aware that some characters (the starters for instance) have SuperBBursts when they level up past 10. You should evolve them first, it's more cost effective.

Gems are best spent roughly like this : first 10 - 15 -> rare summons. After that, you'll probably want to add more unit slots. Don't worry about adding item slots until much, much later. You shouldn't use them to "continue" at your level of the game. It can be worth it if you're doing specific dungeons though. I try to keep 3-4 around just in case.

Honour summons as soon as you have the honour to do it, there's no other thing that you can spend honour on...

Um... Can't think of anything else... icon_e_biggrin.gif If you need more info, ask away. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit - Ah yeah, you'll want to have teams for different dungeon types sooner or later. Probably around "St. Lamia" they'll become a necessity -- Keep that in mind, cos having the wrong element dudes gets you punished big time and having the right element dudes boosts you considerably.
  • HailMary
    Tannen: I'm sure that if TU1 can play that game, then any marginally literate 5-year-old can, but reading that... kinda pained me in the cranial regions. icon_lol.gif
  • Tannen
    Heh. Sorry... I tend towards wordy explanations.

In my defence, this thread is for "very serious strategy discussions" icon_e_wink.gif
  • My plan for season 2 when I get in to a bracket with someone I know (and like) that is going for first place or whatever is to keep track of their closest competition and bring them down when they try to move up.

I think that will be fun for me and I'm trying not to try in season 2 (except when there are rewards I actually need).

That's because you're a nice person.

Actually I may do the same. Fight hard in those tourneys for which I want the specific rewards, but 'gun-for-hire' type stuff on the filler tourneys, since I have no intention of fighting for season 2 placement.

And tell reckless good job. She crushed me in Season 1. I'm in awe of her.
  • Thank you Tannen, even though the only word i understood in all of that was 'fuse' icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tannen
    T_T

Fuse the same element guys together.

Evolve guys as soon you can.

Spend gems on rare summons unless you need more unit slots cos you're collecting.
  • Tannen wrote:
    T_T

Spend gems on rare summons unless you need more unit slots cos you're collecting.

That was easier to understand lol thank u icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Tannen wrote:
    T_T

That was easier to understand lol thank u icon_e_smile.gif
    He has a special brain, Tannen.

What's your player id, TU1? Mine is 0465677139. My name is Dlaw008 on there, too.
  • HailMary
    Mine freezes when I make a selection at the "Login via FB / Login as Guest" screen, so... my username is nonexistent at the moment.
  • What kind of dark voodoo is this?

Untitled.jpg
  • dlaw008 wrote:

What's your player id, TU1? Mine is 0465677139. My name is Dlaw008 on there, too.

Added icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary
    What kind of dark voodoo is this?

Untitled.jpg
    It's called "mad skillz." icon_cool.gif
  • HailMary
    So, I'm on Brave Frontier now, ID: 3128663615, username: Chimera

I got a Rare Summon, War Demon Vishra, who's a purple samurai covered in spikes, wielding the Largest Machete in the World. I just hope he's not the XWolv of Brave Frontier.
  • HailMary wrote:

I got a Rare Summon, War Demon Vishra, who's a purple samurai covered in spikes, wielding the Largest Machete in the World. I just hope he's not the XWolv of Brave Frontier.

my team icon_e_smile.gif

photo.jpg
  • HailMary wrote:

Hey, I got a War Demon Vishra, too!

I don't know if I'm keeping him, though, since I got a better fire guy, Professor Lorand. I'm too afraid to get rid of any of them at this point. I still remember the stupid stuff I did starting MPQ.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

Hey, I got a War Demon Vishra, too!

I don't know if I'm keeping him, though, since I got a better fire guy, Professor Lorand. I'm too afraid to get rid of any of them at this point. I still remember the stupid stuff I did starting MPQ.
    what stupid stuff icon_e_smile.gif
  • stupid stuff done when first starting to play MPQ:

I got at least 3 Spidey covers, maybe more, thought he was stupid, and sold them immediately. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Tannen
    Keep Vishra. icon_e_smile.gif

He has high hit points, and decent everything else, especially at this point in the game for you guys.

You'll want high hp more and more, because attacks get much more powerful fairly quickly. You'll "capture" plenty of "trash" guys to pour exp into both of them. I think I have 3 Vishra's at this point. I run them all in my "fire" team.

As a side note : the reason I have so many is because I keep trying to get a good "dark" hero with rare summons and end up with Vishra. T_T