DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• dlaw008 wrote:
    And they don't allow numbers in your names, so I couldn't use dlaw008. I went with DjangoJustice.

Couldn't add you yet. I assume the install is still in progress and you haven't logged into the actual game yet, so that's probably why. Will try again in a few hours.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    BIG SAGGY BALLS.. Took 5 hours to download a patch for marvel heroes and then got an error message, so have to re-install it.... All 14gb. yay

**** are you tinykitty me that game is a 14GB install? icon_eek.gif
    I'm currently waiting on the installation. This better be good, Foxy!

And they don't allow numbers in your names, so I couldn't use dlaw008. I went with DjangoJustice.

you so totaly missed the train on that one ...

DjangoJuice

tis all i'm sayin icon_lol.gif
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    BIG SAGGY BALLS.. Took 5 hours to download a patch for marvel heroes and then got an error message, so have to re-install it.... All 14gb. yay

**** are you tinykitty me that game is a 14GB install? icon_eek.gif
    I'm currently waiting on the installation. This better be good, Foxy!

you so totaly missed the train on that one ...

DjangoJuice

tis all i'm sayin icon_lol.gif
    That can be yours, Ferret!
  • I had trouble with the install, too. I had to shower and get ready for work, and when I came back the download had stopped and I lost about 50% of my progress when I restarted.

I'll set it up again and log in tonight to see if I can friend you there, Foxy.

I'm willing to try the game, but I'm not looking to replace MPQ. My level of frustration hasn't gotten that high yet, unlike some others I have read about. I plan to continue playing MPQ for the foreseeable future, albeit at a slightly more casual level than I have been.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I had trouble with the install, too. I had to shower and get ready for work, and when I came back the download had stopped and I lost about 50% of my progress when I restarted.

I'm willing to try the game, but I'm not looking to replace MPQ. My level of frustration hasn't gotten that high yet, unlike some others I have read about. I plan to continue playing MPQ for the foreseeable future, albeit at a slightly more casual level than I have been.

Try just downloading from the website then.

I'm not looking to replace MPQ, either. Just looking to... diversify my portfolio... or something.
  • FoxyMulder wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I had trouble with the install, too. I had to shower and get ready for work, and when I came back the download had stopped and I lost about 50% of my progress when I restarted.

Try just downloading from the website then.

I'm not looking to replace MPQ, either. Just looking to... diversify my portfolio... or something.
    Yeah, I just thought I should say it out loud, so to speak. Ice is still in our alliance, after all. He should know most of us still love the game, even if he never writes any more.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Yeah, I just thought I should say it out loud, so to speak. Ice is still in our alliance, after all. He should know most of us still love the game, even if he never writes any more.[/quote]

Poor IceIX. Caught between a rock and a hard place. Can you imagine the sewage storm if the game was in free fall like it is now but he was grinding points for Django like it was his job? Poor IceIX... No respect.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    TU1 - panda - My brave frontier username is Tannen and my id is 0215761523. Please add me if you're playing. The "gifts" are free to give, so you'll always get stuff from me. icon_e_biggrin.gif If for some reason my list fills up, shoot me a message and I'll remove some of the deadwood.

dlaw - I still play WoW. My lovely wife would kill me if I left her there without a tank - Panda Monk.

I also play D3, my current toon is a thorns build Crusader.

I'll fire up Marvel heroes again tonight and add some people. I don't think I'll be ever on at the same time as people, but you never know. #'straya. My user name there is KhalTannen... Tannen was already taken.
  • Tannen wrote:
    I'll fire up Marvel heroes again tonight and add some people. I don't think I'll be ever on at the same time as people, but you never know. #'straya. My user name there is KhalTannen... Tannen was already taken.

Yay! I just added you. What characters do you play? How often are you on? (I'm on like constantly lately .... yay summer break)
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Poor IceIX. Caught between a rock and a hard place. Can you imagine the sewage storm if the game was in free fall like it is now but he was grinding points for Django like it was his job? Poor IceIX... No respect.
    Heh, we would be so proud of Ice for grinding like a madman. We would, as a united phalanx of brutally positive energy, defend his desire to fistbump and finger-swipe the s--- out of Django.

Speaking of the PVE... OMG, get out of my PVE main bracket! You and beezer and, like, 68 other forum heavies! ****?

Devs: "Hey, people totally love veterancy-based bracketing for PVP, so let's do it for PVE, too! Yay!"
    Me: icon_evil.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    FoxyMulder wrote:
    Tannen wrote:

Yay! I just added you. What characters do you play? How often are you on? (I'm on like constantly lately .... yay summer break)

Not that often to be honest. I kinda stopped when I found mpq last year. I have a level 35ish Spiderman, and a 20ish Deadpool/Ironman. I have a few others at really low level...
  • I think I need a new computer. Marvel heroes overheated and crashed it within 2 minutes. Oh well.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    HailMary wrote:
    Heh, we would be so proud of Ice for grinding like a madman. We would, as a united phalanx of brutally positive energy, defend his desire to fistbump and finger-swipe the s--- out of Django.

Speaking of the PVE... OMG, get out of my PVE main bracket! You and beezer and, like, 68 other forum heavies! ****?

Devs: "Hey, people totally love veterancy-based bracketing for PVP, so let's do it for PVE, too! Yay!"
    Me: icon_evil.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I had dark silence, evilsongoku, and reckless plus who knows who else in my pve sub. I was hoping it was just coincidence. Oh well. Not like I try to win pves anyways. Maybe I'll get my first blue spiderman right before the nerf goes live!

icon_e_biggrin.gif
    icon_e_confused.gif
  • Well marvel Heroes finally downloaded lol My name is SpecialBrain icon_e_smile.gif
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I think I need a new computer. Marvel heroes overheated and crashed it within 2 minutes. Oh well.

Well poop icon_e_sad.gif
    Well marvel Heroes finally downloaded lol My name is SpecialBrain icon_e_smile.gif

Do you have two accounts? I added you as TheUnwiseOne, too?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Awesome job on Season 1, everyone! icon_e_biggrin.gif

30+delicious-chocolate-cake-pictures-you-love-4.jpg

Let's all give a warm Django welcome to Season 2! icon_cry.gif

cake-face-11.jpg
  • FoxyMulder wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:

Do you have two accounts? I added you as TheUnwiseOne, too?
    I used that TU1 before but i forgot the password so just add my special brain lol
  • I had an interesting experience at the end of the Krappaduece tournament. Two players were ahead of me with 8 hours remaining, CubRob and JC67. That is usually the time I make my final push then shield 'til the end. I really wanted first place for the Green IW cover, to cover her out in my preferred spec, thinking I might level her soon. So I was getting hit even at that time of night which is unusual, so I end up shielding with about a 30 point lead over those two guys. I know that there is a good chance that they will shield-hop and overtake me, but I don't know what else to do.

I woke up in the morning, randomly, with about 30 minutes left in the tourney, having expected to sleep through it. So I check and, sure enough, JC67 has overtaken me by about 20 points. I skip to find a 30 point battle and break shield and fight it, then re-shield. I was thinking, "75 HP for the cover I worked to get is fine". I can't fall back asleep, so in about 10 minutes I look at the standings again. JC67 has shield-hopped ahead of me again by about 15 points, he must be watching the scores, too. But I see that he hasn't re-shielded yet. He is going for the 1200 point progression reward with only a couple of points to go. I start skipping like mad to see if I can find him and I do. I boost up with 3 G/K, 3 B/P, and 3 all, and fight him. I know that with the boosts I can finish the fight in 2 minutes or less. And I do. I hop back over him, a 50 point swing when you take into account the 25 I gained and he lost. He's somewhere around 1150 now and I'm in the 1180 range.

Now I'm the one thinking to try for the 1200 point reward, while he just wants to get back on top. He unshields again and I skip to find him, thinking even if I get hit while I'm fighting I'll still take down my nearest competitor for points so should still be #1. I get him in a node and start the fight. I should point out that I'm using some of my precious 'never to be recovered' retired boosts since I don't want to pay HP for boosts. I fight and it is over in about 90 seconds. I am rushing through the pop-up screens to get back to shield, since there will still be about 5 minutes left. What should I find? While I was hitting JC67, he was hitting me! I may have lost a few points in the exchange, but I was still number one, so I reshielded and called it a tourney. But while he was fighting me, he had lost over 100 points and had fallen to 960ish and out of the top 5 completely!

I can imagine how frustrated and angry he was, because we've all had that kind of thing happen and it sucks. I probably have created an in-game nemesis for life. I'm going to watch to see if he hits me a lot in the future.

But I did get the IW cover. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Hey Panda and Tannen a little help with BraveFrontier icon_e_smile.gif how do you fuse properly? All i do is pick the level 1 guys and fuse them together or i make sure their element colours are the same. Is that right? What happens if i fuse my main guy with another max guy?
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I had an interesting experience at the end of the Krappaduece tournament. Two players were ahead of me with 8 hours remaining, CubRob and JC67. That is usually the time I make my final push then shield 'til the end. I really wanted first place for the Green IW cover, to cover her out in my preferred spec, thinking I might level her soon. So I was getting hit even at that time of night which is unusual, so I end up shielding with about a 30 point lead over those two guys. I know that there is a good chance that they will shield-hop and overtake me, but I don't know what else to do.

I woke up in the morning, randomly, with about 30 minutes left in the tourney, having expected to sleep through it. So I check and, sure enough, JC67 has overtaken me by about 20 points. I skip to find a 30 point battle and break shield and fight it, then re-shield. I was thinking, "75 HP for the cover I worked to get is fine". I can't fall back asleep, so in about 10 minutes I look at the standings again. JC67 has shield-hopped ahead of me again by about 15 points, he must be watching the scores, too. But I see that he hasn't re-shielded yet. He is going for the 1200 point progression reward with only a couple of points to go. I start skipping like mad to see if I can find him and I do. I boost up with 3 G/K, 3 B/P, and 3 all, and fight him. I know that with the boosts I can finish the fight in 2 minutes or less. And I do. I hop back over him, a 50 point swing when you take into account the 25 I gained and he lost. He's somewhere around 1150 now and I'm in the 1180 range.

Now I'm the one thinking to try for the 1200 point reward, while he just wants to get back on top. He unshields again and I skip to find him, thinking even if I get hit while I'm fighting I'll still take down my nearest competitor for points so should still be #1. I get him in a node and start the fight. I should point out that I'm using some of my precious 'never to be recovered' retired boosts since I don't want to pay HP for boosts. I fight and it is over in about 90 seconds. I am rushing through the pop-up screens to get back to shield, since there will still be about 5 minutes left. What should I find? While I was hitting JC67, he was hitting me! I may have lost a few points in the exchange, but I was still number one, so I reshielded and called it a tourney. But while he was fighting me, he had lost over 100 points and had fallen to 960ish and out of the top 5 completely!

I can imagine how frustrated and angry he was, because we've all had that kind of thing happen and it sucks. I probably have created an in-game nemesis for life. I'm going to watch to see if he hits me a lot in the future.

But I did get the IW cover. icon_e_smile.gif

My plan for season 2 when I get in to a bracket with someone I know (and like) that is going for first place or whatever is to keep track of their closest competition and bring them down when they try to move up.

I think that will be fun for me and I'm trying not to try in season 2 (except when there are rewards I actually need).