DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• Since all the Djangos seem to be playing Brave Frontier, I joined too. Screen name is Foxy, as FoxyMulder was too long. I'll add ya'll once I figure out how to do it.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Stupid stuff when starting MPQ:
    1. Pulled a yellow XWolv, thought I was king of the small hill, proceeded to throw away all MStorm covers because she didn't look like someone who punched people in the face really hard.
    2. Made throwaway username, since I thought it was just for SHIELD Versus in Prologue.
    3. Did not figure out that I had to manually activate character powers until Day 3. Wondered why no characters used their abilities... for about 3 minutes. Promptly forgot about it. Accidentally discovered it on Day 3. Made this face: (-_-)
    FoxyMulder wrote:
    Since all the Djangos seem to be playing Brave Frontier, I joined too. Screen name is Foxy, as FoxyMulder was too long. I'll add ya'll once I figure out how to do it.
    Social >> Add Friend >> search for my 487-digit user ID.
    Tannen wrote:
    Keep Vishra. icon_e_smile.gif

He has high hit points, and decent everything else, especially at this point in the game for you guys.

You'll want high hp more and more, because attacks get much more powerful fairly quickly. You'll "capture" plenty of "trash" guys to pour exp into both of them. I think I have 3 Vishra's at this point. I run them all in my "fire" team.

As a side note : the reason I have so many is because I keep trying to get a good "dark" hero with rare summons and end up with Vishra. T_T
    "Keep him, he's what I end up with when I try to get actual good characters." icon_lol.gif

Thanks for the tip. icon_e_biggrin.gif I just got a... Red Axe Michele, who looks far less impressive but has more everything. I assume "Super Rare" is the lowest level of "Rare", below what must certainly be "Ultra Rare," "Mega Rare," "Stupid Rare," "Xtra Rare," "Xtreme Rare," "Antepenultimate Rare," "Ultimate Rare," and "Platinum Excelsior Rare."

Also, after MPQ, it's refreshing to start with so many roster slots, though that's essentially necessary due to the cannibal-fusion mechanic.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Stupid stuff that I did when starting mpq

- Didn't join any events, as I thought that everyone would be super elite and my small band of heroes wouldn't cut it. Missed the first hulk this way. Finally bit the bullet and joined second run of hulk.
    - Pushed all of my iso into wolvie during hulk. Cos he was boosted. Couldn't work out why he wasn't as good afterwards.
    - Didn't use health packs to heal -at all- because I thought that once they were gone that was it.
    - Once I started using them (I had ~15 at this point) I bought more health packs with my HP, for no reason other than to stock up. Tried to figure out how to use them during battles soon afterward.
    - Ground pve node until they were at 1 point, and then kept hitting them every 2-3 hours afterwards, keeping them perpetually at 1 point for the remainder of the event.
    HailMary wrote:
    "Keep him, he's what I end up with when I try to get actual good characters."

That's one way to paraphrase it...icon_e_wink.gif But I meant I was looking for "dark" heroes (of which I have none) and I had a few good "fire" heroes already. They've all been pushed out of my fire team for the Vishras though. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yeah, it goes roughly... "normal" "rare" "super rare" "mega rare" -> don't know from here, never found one in the wild...

This seems to be the wiki for more info on units / stuff : http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wi ... ntier_Wiki
  • I leveled bagman when iso was very precious because I thought I needed a way to deal with countdown timers.

I also saved up like 15 health packs before ever using one.

I bought a number of packs at first, IM40 packs, even.

Threw away all of my leveled one stars to save money on roster slots, only to rebuild them and re-level them again. I had planned on keeping one of each named hero, so I no longer needed Mstorm, Mwidow, or IM35, right?

Probably more stuff.
  • Posting to show my new sig.

I also lvled bagman as I was like "Spider-man? Of course im lvling him! He's my favorite character why wouldn't I?" Got him to lvl 50 before i realized he was ****.

I fortunately joined events early (pve not pvp) but I also ground everything down to 1 and would hit them as soon as there were any new points.

I sold like five hood and c mags covers apiece (back when I would actually pull 3* covers from standard tokens) not realizing they were AWESOME! Boy do I regret that now icon_e_sad.gif
  • Spider-man 6234
    Spider-man 6234 Posts: 409
    edited May 2014
    Hey I see a djangolier in my bracket of fresh cut. How's things TU1?
  • HailMary
    Posting to show my new sig.
    Sweet!
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I also saved up like 15 health packs before ever using one.
    Yep. Was there a time when they didn't regenerate? I swear that, back in late January, they didn't regenerate or something.
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I leveled bagman when iso was very precious because I thought I needed a way to deal with countdown timers.
    I also lvled bagman as I was like "Spider-man? Of course im lvling him! He's my favorite character why wouldn't I?" Got him to lvl 50 before i realized he was ****.
    I got him into the L20s for handling Prologue CD tiles. He was actually pretty useful.
    I fortunately joined events early (pve not pvp) but I also ground everything down to 1 and would hit them as soon as there were any new points.
    Didn't join events for over a week.
    I sold like five hood and c mags covers apiece (back when I would actually pull 3* covers from standard tokens) not realizing they were AWESOME! Boy do I regret that now icon_e_sad.gif
    I sold a red CMags to make room for two Daredevil covers: the first covers I got from PVP placement. I might've sold a couple of Hood covers early on, too, since I had no idea who he was, and didn't understand the concept of "support character" for over a month.
  • Hey I see a djangolier in my bracket of fresh cut. How's things TU1?
    lol where are you? im just about to push so feel free not to hit me icon_e_smile.gif
  • Hey I see a djangolier in my bracket of fresh cut. How's things TU1?
    lol where are you? im just about to push so feel free not to hit me icon_e_smile.gif

I started moving up and saw you around 600. You don't come up in my queue but if you did I would either retreat and give you points or skip you. I don't attack forumites I know unless I saw something about them being shielded.
  • I changed the title again, guys. Now we can't complain in here, it scares off the big game.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look at Django thread
    See people talk of strange game
    What is this voodoo?

Posted in event thread
    Haiku not identified
    Makes me sad panda
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    My stupid moment was I didn't know you could stack boosts. I also bought tons of tokens just for the heck of it. Also, never consulted the best builds and just took any cover and leveled up the character without any knowledge of what 13 covers I wanted. Thank god for respec
  • HailMary
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I changed the title again, guys. Now we can't complain in here, it scares off the big game.
    Your title edit is a blatantly greedy money grab because you're a clinically insane individual.
  • HailMary wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I changed the title again, guys. Now we can't complain in here, it scares off the big game.
    Your title edit is a blatantly greedy money grab because you're a clinically insane individual.
    I just realized you have 1334 posts, HM.

You know you have to stop after three more, right? Better make them count.
  • HailMary wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:

Money grabs work. icon_e_smile.gif

I picked up Transistor for my PS4 (it's on PC too) and it's pretty damn rad. If you played Bastion and liked it you'll probably really dig it. Think Bastion with the VATS system from Fallout 3 and tons of attack customization. Watch Dogs is out next week too. Now that I'm only playing for covers again I can afford to give my console some more luuuuuuuv.
  • He's alive, HE'S ALIVE.
  • Never left, just had to take a break for a bit. I've been your ceiling cat for the past week or so. I'll lick my wounds in here for a bit before venturing back out with all those meanies again, if that's ok with y'all.
  • HailMary
    Never left, just had to take a break for a bit. I've been your ceiling cat for the past week or so. I'll lick my wounds in here for a bit before venturing back out with all those meanies again, if that's ok with y'all.
    WYP, you can lick anything/one you want here as far as I'm concerned. In fact, I insist upon it.
    Money grabs work. icon_e_smile.gif

I picked up Transistor for my PS4 (it's on PC too) and it's pretty damn rad. If you played Bastion and liked it you'll probably really dig it. Think Bastion with the VATS system from Fallout 3 and tons of attack customization. Watch Dogs is out next week too. Now that I'm only playing for covers again I can afford to give my console some more luuuuuuuv.
    Oh, absolutely. It annoys me to see so many people bashing D3 for wanting to make more money. Besides "fun", that's kinda the other purpose of the game. As an ignorant industry outsider, I'm puzzled by some of the mechanisms they're employing to boost revenue, but I won't ever fault them for trying to boost revenue. Heck, I'm still F2P, and I consider it quite generous of them to let me still be F2P and competitive at my level.

As for Transistor, I have Bastion, and I loved it (past tense, since I don't tend to replay my games, even when I think I want to icon_razz.gif), and Transistor looks sweet. I've never played any Fallout games, though, so that reference is lost on me. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm still undecided on which next-gen console to get, though I'm in no rush to get any just yet. Both Destiny and Watch Dogs are multiplatform, and they're the games that've perked up my ears.

("On the Quest for 1337 Skillz" Post #1 of 3)
  • Sounds good to me.

I went the Xbox One route, rather than PS4, mostly because I prefer the controller. So I think Transistor is not happening for me. I've played a lot of Titanfall, but I guess that is a no-go for you. I'm on for Watch Dogs next week, though. That game looks mighty interesting. It could be a brilliant evolution or it could be a massive ambition implosion. Then again, it might just be GTA with hacking. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Sounds good to me.

I went the Xbox One route, rather than PS4, mostly because I prefer the controller. So I think Transistor is not happening for me. I've played a lot of Titanfall, but I guess that is a no-go for you. I'm on for Watch Dogs next week, though. That game looks mighty interesting. It could be a brilliant evolution or it could be a massive ambition implosion. Then again, it might just be GTA with hacking. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Titanfall looks great, and I still have my 360 hooked up so I could play it there if I wanted. Just don't really dig multi-player shooters anymore, with Borderlands 2 as the exception. And that's really just for the fun couch co-op and I'm a sucker for any game where numbers fly off your enemy when you hit them, lol.

If Watch Dogs ends up being GTA with hacking I'm kinda ok with that. Saint's Row 3 was GTA with better jokes and I loved that game. I'm hoping more for Assassin's Creed with hacking, but who knows?