DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• You are not the only one with a badass unicorn Doug icon_e_smile.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    HailMary wrote:
    SR4 is a little less funny than 3, but exponentially awesomer gameplay. Think SR3 + Crackdown + Prototype and you're close. I played SR4 before GTA5 and when I started GTA5 I was like, "I have to drive places????!? Bull kitty."
    Prototype was cray-cray. It was a tad too cray-cray for me -- being so OP got a bit boring after a while.

At least in GTA V, every fourth car is a Fambo, Fauxgani, or Fauxrche, right? Right? You're no longer stealing Fauxyotas all day, and you get to listen to a dude say "n---a" every 3.5 seconds. Also, can you do yoga in SR4? Yeah, that's what I thought. icon_razz.gif
    locked wrote:
    false advertisement
    Redundant. Also, there never was any banana bread. icon_e_surprised.gif However, we do have water that we purified by adding Django Essence to it. Our Fortified Django Water is so water that it cures cancer the way our ancestors' water did.

L33t Journey, World Tour Two: Don't Stop Believin' has commenced.

I like prototype, you could karate kick a helicopter... In the face!

Did anyone on the planet play prototype 2? I never even finished the first one but man, those challenge missions where you just went honey badger on everything! Good times
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    I like prototype, you could karate kick a helicopter... In the face!

Did anyone on the planet play prototype 2? I never even finished the first one but man, those challenge missions where you just went honey badger on everything! Good times
    I played a bit of Prototype 2: Now With Daddy Issues. The power variety was nice, but it was just more of the same.

I liked both PS3 inFamoi, though, and Second Son looks pretty good. For me, inFamous strikes a good power balance between the character and the rest of the relatively serious world. Second Son seems to have neatly bypassed the traversal-boredom problem ("Don't drive to your next mission start! Tree-frog to your next mission start!") with straight up razzle-dazzle teleportation, so... that's nice. icon_razz.gif
  • TU1, You were watching Champions League' final?
  • You are not the only one with a badass unicorn Doug icon_e_smile.gif
    He gives me bonus hearts when I spark. I would really rather use my Fire Guy as the leader, but his ability isn't as good.
  • HailMary
    dlaw008 wrote:
    He gives me bonus hearts when I spark.
    I love that dlaw just said this. In public. icon_lol.gif
  • dlaw008 wrote:

Hahahahaha i can just see people reading this and thing **** IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

But yeah i got 3 rare guys today including a Knight with a big assed sword. I likey.
  • HailMary wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I love that dlaw just said this. In public. icon_lol.gif

SNAP icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary
    But yeah i got 3 rare guys today including a Knight with a big assed sword. I likey.
    All today? <Keanu-Whoa>
  • HailMary wrote:
    All today? <Keanu-Whoa>

Yeah I got 3 summons, 2 free and one that costs 5 gems which is where i got my Knight. The other 2 were just lucky pulls. Did i mention he has a big sword?
  • Size doesn't matter.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Size doesn't matter.
    Something your wife says to you??????? teeheehee icon_lol.gif
  • HailMary
    Something your wife says to you??????? teeheehee icon_lol.gif
    Other way around, defensively. icon_twisted.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, Transistor... WYP, whatcha say?
    Feels like Bastion 2.0 to me, with even less coherent storytelling (seriously, I'm 4 hours in and haven't the foggiest what's happening. Someone died? And got put into that sword? and I'm a stage singer? And I lost my voice? and a virus is destroying a CGI city? What?) but a more convoluted battle system.
    Overall I think I'd rather play through Bastion once more...
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    So, Transistor... WYP, whatcha say?
    Feels like Bastion 2.0 to me, with even less coherent storytelling (seriously, I'm 4 hours in and haven't the foggiest what's happening. Someone died? And got put into that sword? and I'm a stage singer? And I lost my voice? and a virus is destroying a CGI city? What?) but a more convoluted battle system.
    Overall I think I'd rather play through Bastion once more...

I like the narration better in Bastion, but the storytelling was just as vague in that game if I'm being honest. icon_e_smile.gif

I like the battle system much more in Transistor though. Playing around with the functions and swapping out which ones are actives and which ones are passive modifiers is awesome for finding the playstyle that works best for you. Right now I'm using the dog summon as an active and the one that temporarily flips enemies to your side as a ranged attack. So I can occupy enemies with minions and converts. Then, I slotted Crash with the Mask modifier for max backstab damage.

So I summon dog, turn the weaker enemies against the strongest, pause the action, and queue up 5x backstab against the heavy. Unpause and watch her unload insanity in between their shoulder blades. Finding the battle system really compelling. It's not very clearly explained at all, you're right, but there's a ton of depth and flexibility there.

They would have done better to move away from the loner in a dystopia with a narrator schtick. It just invites Bastion comparisons, and there's so much love for that game that it casts a poor light on Transistor even though it's pretty damn fun.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    HailMary, you going to push to unseat TheUnwiseOne from his perch?

I thought about it, but getting to 800 was hard enough. I'm sitting just outside of the top 10 and I am done.

Good luck you two!
  • HailMary

I thought about it, but getting to 800 was hard enough. I'm sitting just outside of the top 10 and I am done.

Good luck you two!
    Nah, I just want Top 10. I'll shieldhop at the end if my Top 10 status is in danger, but I don't really care about my absolute point total. It's high enough. icon_razz.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    HailMary wrote:

Good luck you two!
    Nah, I just want Top 10. I'll shieldhop at the end if my Top 10 status is in danger, but I don't really care about my absolute point total. It's high enough. icon_razz.gif

That was a nice push you just made.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    I'm wondering... This is definitely the largest thread on the Forums currently, weighing in at 160 pages. What do you think is the next largest?

I have a sneaking suspicion that there aren't any others over 100pages, let alone close to what we have here...

Also. TU1 has the highest rep (662) on the forums - scary, no? Followed closely by Clintman (620) -- although Clintman is climbing rapidly. Maybe that will be his new meta. "Get more Rep than TU1"

Earliest Registered forumite with positive rep (thus, still around) is D3PCS (Just before IceIX -- 27 Sep 2013, 11:00). Earliest Registered forumite who's not an admin that I actually recognise as being here... Clintman (12 Oct 2013, 12:10), although I suspect I've seen some of the others before him, I just don't remember them.

Phantron has the most posts (3379) by a large margin (second is _pasa with 2160).

I have this weird fascination with trivial facts. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I think the only reason this is the longest thread on the forums is because it's well established to be completely pointless, therefore it cannot be locked for running off topic.

Do not take that as a challenge, Panda!