DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Our newest Djangolier is indeed Grael23!

You may recognize him as the author of the Comprehensive Hulk Guide.

ALL HAIL GRAEL! ALL HAIL GRAEL!
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    When will we meet the new Djangolier?

Grael, names sounds familiar, sure I've seen him/her in pvp
    And You're the new spokesperson for Django icon_e_wink.gif ? Good, maybe now we'll be able to understand Django's announcements. Without reading about TU1's nipples.

That or whatever intelligence i have left after the Hunt will diminish to nothing. I think this position is what ultimately did in TheUnwiseOne icon_twisted.gif
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Welcome Grael.

Bye Allorin! It was a pleasure to have you as an alliance mate for as long as you were here.

Also, and I've been wondering this for awhile, do threads on this board cap out at 141 or 230 pages? Or does community scaling kick in and then it they swiftly hit 330+?
  • Welcome Grael!

Allorin, was good to have ya, and hope things go well for you.
  • Tannen wrote:
    Also, and I've been wondering this for awhile, do threads on this board cap out at 141 or 230 pages? Or does community scaling kick in and then it they swiftly hit 330+?

Don't worry about it, we can just use boosts to continue posting.
  • grael23
    grael23 Posts: 54
    edited April 2014
    Hey y'all!

Just wanted to say thank you so much for the invite. I'm really taken aback and honored.

As for my MPQ credentials... Well, I guess the positive feedback on my Comprehensive Hulk play guide is probably my main claim to fame: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5718

HailMary mentioned it was that guide which got him (her/it/Skrull - sorry, HM... no idea what you are) interested in me as a potential DjangoUnbuffer (DjangoUnbuffee? DanjoUnbuffite?).

At current count I've got a 141 Hulk, 141 CMags and a 128 Patch (I've got HP for the last cover, but I'm going to earn it damnit!).

I'm an Australian comic book writer and artist living in LA. I like long walks on the beach, great senses of humor and more Black Panther covers.

Actually, I hate the beach. You don't get ISO at the beach.

I'm more than happy to go by LazyAllorin. Although, I'm not sure if I'm the 4* replacement Allorin hoped I'd be. I'm usually good for 850-950 points for a PvP event. I'm your solid, consistent workhorse. But I'm definitely looking forward to learning your secrets to breaking the 1000 mark.

Unfortunately I lack the discipline (insanity?) to grind super long PvE events (they just bore me, man). Although, now I'm in a serious Alliance, I promise to do some serious reading and contribute to those effectively.

I apologize if my Doctor's Orders score today wasn't great (862). I only needed top 50 for a red mags cover and didn't really plan to play tonight. I rushed out another 100 points while trying to say "hi" in chat, finish work and cook dinner.

Anyway, if you need anything please PM me!

Once again, I'm so honored to be here. Thank you.

Excelsior!
  • grael23 wrote:
    HailMary mentioned it was that which got him (her/it/Skrull - sorry, HM... no idea what you are) interested.

I think he's a she, and she's a changeling. So yeah, Skrull pretty much covers it.
    grael23 wrote:
    Although, now I'm in a serious Alliance, I promise to do some serious reading and contribute to those effectively.

Serious alliance??? You've been hoodwinked, run away... RUN AWAY!
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    grael23 wrote:
    Although, now I'm in a serious Alliance, I promise to do some serious reading and contribute to those effectively.

Aw, ****. He was only in here for 2 minutes and then dropped us to join a "serious alliance". I guess we weren't enough for him. icon_e_wink.gif

Another Aussie, eh? S'all good mate, you'll fit in here. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Aww, pity that a Djangolier left. Hello to the new Djangolier!
  • HailMary
    grael23 wrote:
    HailMary mentioned it was that guide which got him (her/it/Skrull - sorry, HM... no idea what you are) interested in me as a potential DjangoUnbuffer (DjangoUnbuffee? DanjoUnbuffite?).
    Djangolier. icon_e_wink.gif
    grael23 wrote:
    I'm an Australian comic book writer and artist living in LA. I like long walks on the beach, great senses of humor and more Black Panther covers.
    OMG same. MOAR BP! Ferret recommends that I buy my last BP black, and Ferret is a badass. I, however, have a psychological block against buying covers.
    grael23 wrote:
    Unfortunately I lack the discipline (insanity?) to grind super long PvE events (they just bore me, man). Although, now I'm in a serious Alliance, I promise to do some serious reading and contribute to those effectively.
    Heh, "serious alliance." That's, like, the first time I've ever seen Django described as such. icon_lol.gif We shall teach you our ways, young padawan.
    grael23 wrote:
    I apologize if my Doctor's Orders score today wasn't great (862). I only needed top 50 for a red mags cover and didn't really plan to play tonight. I rushed out another 100 points while trying to say "hi" in chat, finish work and cook dinner.
    Doctor's Orders was the first time I broke 900, so don't sweat it too much. More is obviously more, though. icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    The only rule we have is you must make or use an awesome sig pic to show the world you are now a Djangolier. You can even use this one below. Watch out for HailMary's girlfriend, she pops up in it for a second so dont blink.
  • TU1 - this sig is the best! I like the unexpected twist icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Maybe you could use this one for your sigs too (lol they are too awesome for words)
    2v3GxGm.gif
  • locked wrote:
    Maybe you could use this one for your sigs too (lol they are too awesome for words)

haha that is awesome
  • grael23 wrote:
    Hey y'all!

Just wanted to say thank you so much for the invite. I'm really taken aback and honored.

Welcome. You'll do 'em proud, I'm sure.
    grael23 wrote:
    At current count I've got a 141 Hulk, 141 CMags and a 128 Patch (I've got HP for the last cover, but I'm going to earn it damnit!).

I'm 141 Hulk, 141 Shieldbro and (soon to be) 128 GSBW. It's like I never left.
    grael23 wrote:
    I'm an Australian comic book writer and artist living in LA.

I hate you. icon_lol.gif
    grael23 wrote:

Gah, I wish I'd known this. I could have done with the Mags purple, as mine is now 4/4/0! We could have done the swap today. Hey ho.
    grael23 wrote:
    Anyway, if you need anything please PM me!

Well, I'd love a Mags purple cover...

Heh. You've found a great home - I love these guys and gals. I hope you have as much fun being part of DjangoUnbuffed as I did.
  • grael23
    edited April 2014
    I am ready to learn the ways of the Djangoliers as a Padawan - but I'm drawing the line at the mullet and the braid.

As for my sig... I have an idea. Soon as I get some breathing room this week I'll bang something up. But man, competing with Beyonce and Unwise is gonna be tough.

Thanks for the well wishes Allorin. It means a lot. I'll try and do you proud! Sorry you missed out on the purple Mags cover. =(

I'll be on and off this week (been on vacation and came home to a ton of work), but I'll hit my points and looking forward to saying "hi" when I can.

Tannen: Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Great to have another around! You still back home or you fled the coop?

Hail: Yeah, I was an idiot when BP came out. I didn't see his value. *sigh*. Then I got ambushed by my laziness when Lazy Thor came out. I phoned in the previous events because I wasn't interested in the character (maybe lazy cap?) and then found myself hamstrung when I did want Thor. Suffice to say, I've learned my lesson. And I hear you about buying covers. I have done it, but I don't feel I need to do any more. I spend my HP on a single shield every event (although the last week of the season 2 SHIELD event may take a lot more than that). I have the tools/characters, now it's time to master the game.

Speaking of which...

Wish me luck!
  • TU1, Your sig is Djang Unbuffed. icon_twisted.gif
  • HailMary
    The only rule we have is you must make or use an awesome sig pic to show the world you are now a Djangolier. You can even use this one below. Watch out for HailMary's girlfriend, she pops up in it for a second so dont blink.
    Dang it, ScarJo and I were trying to keep this under wraps, but... well, the cat's out of the bag now.
    grael23 wrote:
    Hail: Yeah, I was an idiot when BP came out. I didn't see his value. *sigh*. Then I got ambushed by my laziness when Lazy Thor came out. I phoned in the previous events because I wasn't interested in the character (maybe lazy cap?) and then found myself hamstrung when I did want Thor. Suffice to say, I've learned my lesson. And I hear you about buying covers. I have done it, but I don't feel I need to do any more. I spend my HP on a single shield every event (although the last week of the season 2 SHIELD event may take a lot more than that). I have the tools/characters, now it's time to master the game.
    On the event that gave out the first set of BP covers, I chose to max out my AWolv instead (my first maxed 2*!). I'm now sitting at 3/4/4 after several lucky token pulls.

Shieldbro is quite powerful. Quite a few Djangoliers really like him. I went the LThor route, though, and only put a few levels into Shieldbro for the Hunt. Both are very solid.

Also, it's Season 1, not Season 2. icon_e_wink.gif
  • grael23
    Shieldbro... I don't know... I have to have a closer look at him. Maybe read a guide. I just found 2* Cap such a waste of time so I made the same assumption about Shieldbro too. I was stunned to see how many Djangoliers use him. I will have to give him a second look.

I love LT though. I would break out the dinner, champagne and roses for LT if he'd just put out with a couple more covers. As it was, after probably a dozen Hunt tokens (more I think!) I didn't get a single 3* cover despite doing my best, "3 star Thor!" chant every single time. Him and Hulk could make sweet, sweet music together on offense and defense. Throw in a CMags for quick offense and a BP for defense and 800+ points fighting and you'd have one of the best rosters my limited MPQ imagination could conceive of.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    TU1, Your sig is Djang Unbuffed. icon_twisted.gif
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN icon_rolleyes.gif