DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• Emeryt wrote:
    K, I ended #1 or #2, depends if the system counted my last fight (I saw pts updated, so hopefully I won). Allorin, guy from Wrecking Crew jumped above You about 70pts, so I had no choice than try to be better than him. icon_e_wink.gif

EDIT: Won! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY icon_e_smile.gif

Awesome! rather you than him, hahaha. I couldn't get away from work to compete, sadly.
  • Dang it, I hate the Wrecking Crew! Trying to steal thunder from Django and Scavengers! How dare they!
  • gamar wrote:
    Cap does Tank, dps, AND utility. He's a beautiful little american army knife

He's good. I'm sure of it. I have mine up to 130, although I don't like to truly decide until they are maxed. Still not sure who to use for a third. The obvious pair is him and hood. Right now I'm thinking GSBW, but maybe Falcon, when he arrives, will be the proper third.

I still have to raise up my Hood now from 75. Sigh.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Dang it, I hate the Wrecking Crew! Trying to steal thunder from Django and Scavengers! How dare they!
    ???

What's happening?
  • gamar wrote:
    Yes but he excels at none of these.
    If you use my build theory he can fill any spot but for those he's best as beefy utility character.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Yes but he excels at none of these.
    If you use my build theory he can fill any spot but for those he's best as beefy utility character.

His Red is just a thing of beauty, and his Blue ain't bad either. I'm desperate to get my IM40 to 141 now (two more covers), as his Yellow kick-starts a Cap slaughterathon.
  • With respect to cap, you all are forgetting that for almost all PVP you only get to chose two heroes. I believe that the most intimidating duo is a DPS and a tank.

Caps DPS is good, but it's not the best (patch/Punisher are better imo). And if you pair him with support like the Hood (who has great synergy) then you are missing out on a tank.

There's also the rarity factor. Many, many people will have 3/5/5 Caps by the end of this event, so I doubt anyone will be skipping a maxed cap when they see him in the queue. It will just be too commonplace, since you can't skip everyone. Then soon no one will be scared (it's exactly like what happened with spidey)

That's my 2 cents on why I'm likely to put my iso somewhere else
  • Allorin Invited everyone to come hang out over here, Hola
  • Allorin Invited everyone to come hang out over here, Hola

Welcome! What'll ya have? Help yourself to nuts.

If you come from a planet with no gravity, this game must be really confusing.
  • How about a pan-galactic gargle blaster.

Does this game run slower on the moon?
  • With respect to cap, you all are forgetting that for almost all PVP you only get to chose two heroes. I believe that the most intimidating duo is a DPS and a tank.

Caps DPS is good, but it's not the best (patch/Punisher are better imo). And if you pair him with support like the Hood (who has great synergy) then you are missing out on a tank.

There's also the rarity factor. Many, many people will have 3/5/5 Caps by the end of this event, so I doubt anyone will be skipping a maxed cap when they see him in the queue. It will just be too commonplace, since you can't skip everyone. Then soon no one will be scared (it's exactly like what happened with spidey)

I sort of agree, but as my second max cover 3*, I need to embrace him at the moment. He pairs very well with IM40, who I have at 115.

If / when I get more maxed 3*s, I'll diversify, but I don't think I'll regret levelling Shieldbro. And he will prove VERY useful in PvE, not least for his ability to defuse CD tiles.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179

The rarity factor is an issue for me, too. As Syndrome says: "And when everyone's super, no one will be." Then again, I'm looking to max LThor, so... it's not a huge issue for me. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    allorin wrote:
    I sort of agree, but as my second max cover 3*, I need to embrace him at the moment.
    Don't lie, allorin. You totes have a man-crush on Shieldbro. Don't worry: deep down, we all do, if only a little.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    With respect to cap, you all are forgetting that for almost all PVP you only get to chose two heroes. I believe that the most intimidating duo is a DPS and a tank.

I'd argue that the most intimidating duo is two DPS Tanks! No seriously though, BP/LT is by far the best combo you can be putting up on defense right now. The traditional DPS/tank duo (tank being Hulk mainly) doesn't work as much in this game because they can just focus down the dps first, making the tank useless. On defense it seems like characters that have high amounts of BP and "1 shot" type of moves are the way to go, hence LT (green/yellow) and BP (black).
  • The current leaderboard of my Hulk bracket, with 2 days 5 hours to go:

14cgx9d.jpg

That's right - 2, 3 and 4 are shielded. That's some crazy stuff right there.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    NP, your rationality and in depth analysis is incredibly out of place here. Take that over to the transition guide where it belongs! (Great guide btdubs)
  • NP, your rationality and in depth analysis is incredibly out of place here. Take that over to the transition guide where it belongs! (Great guide btdubs)

Who invited rationality? When I find out who...

Squirrel!

I'd argue that the most intimidating duo is two DPS Tanks! No seriously though, BP/LT is by far the best combo you can be putting up on defense right now. The traditional DPS/tank duo (tank being Hulk mainly) doesn't work as much in this game because they can just focus down the dps first, making the tank useless. On defense it seems like characters that have high amounts of BP and "1 shot" type of moves are the way to go, hence LT (green/yellow) and BP (black).

I agree that seeing BP and Thor is gonna be unpleasant, but you also have to balance having fun/fast matches on offense. Personally I think using patch or Punisher with BP on offense will give much faster kills and still provide a deterrent to ppl attacking you. Then when your all done, you can throw out the BP and Thor combo.
  • Stop touching my nuts goddangit. Only special people get to do that.... also priests.

I agree that seeing BP and Thor is gonna be unpleasant, but you also have to balance having fun/fast matches on offense. Personally I think using patch or Punisher with BP on offense will give much faster kills and still provide a deterrent to ppl attacking you. Then when your all done, you can throw out the BP and Thor combo.

Yeah, I run Patch/C. Mags for speed kills when I want them (running up to 500, and for popping off 2-3 matches between shields towards the end), but for most of the matches in between I just do a few matches with BP/LT at a time and grind up from 500 to 1000 that way. The problem with running a speed combo all the time, is that you're giving up easier retals, and those defensive win points from winning with Tanks 'R Us teams are both delicious and refreshing. Like a tall glass of Sunny D after playing tetherball all afternoon.
  • Sorry guys, I know you're all used to my usual nonsense so NP and WYP showing up with meaningful posts must be throwing you off.