Roster progress report, and plans for your roster

Options

Comments

• spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I've got 3/12 of the latest 12 champed with 20 other vaulted 4s champed. I've been hoarding (1400 CP, 65 LT, 400k ISO) with the hope of pulling all to champ some 5s (haveOML and PHX champed) but am debating on whether I should champ Agent Venom with the cover that'll come from PVE soon. The other latest 12 I have champed are Blade, Captain Marvel, and Medusa. With the rotation schedule I was kinda hoping to pull just before AV/Medusa would be leaving so I'd have at least a few of the latest already champed. Is it worth it to champ AV so that I have him already champed for my pulls or should I just keep waiting (5s aren't great although I'd love Hawkeye). 
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    June offseason update!

First, it's kind of a bummer that almost no one posts in this thread any more. Personally, I find the readability of the new forums pretty lousy; my guess is I'm not alone, which probably has something to do with the decline in participation. 

Anyway: this was my first full season with my 5* roster -- Thanos, BB and 5BP. I could write a ton about how PvP and PvE have changed since the transition, but that's not what this thread is for. (Short version is: PvP got a little easier, PvE got much worse. The new scaling can't go live fast enough.) 

This leaves my roster in an interesting place. I don't really "need" to champ 4*s anymore, and I don't have any 5*s getting champed soon, so what to do? 

What I did this season was champ four 4*s -- Gwenpool, Hobofist, Agent Venom and G4mora -- bringing my total to 31. None of these were crucial moves, although some of them were useful as recent essentials. 

This upcoming season, I expect more of the same. I have 4R&G ready to champ, and at long last, I got my 13th cover for Kate, which means I've fully covered every 4* in the game (other than the just-released Sandman). 

I also hit another milestone this season: my first 3*s started maxing out at 266. I've decided to start dupes for them and champ them for the rewards, and the first ones up are 3R&G, St3ve and 3BP. But those take a back seat to champing 4*s and my 2* farm. 

Finally, there's the question of: what do I do with my CP and LTs? My 5Hawkeye has 9 covers, but I'm not really interested in 5SL or Doc Ock, So I've decided for the time being, I'm going to pull Classics at 20CP and maybe cover some of my older 5*s. I have so many in the 7-9 cover range (Strange, OML, Phx, SS, BSS, 5BW, GG), it would be nice to do SOMETHING with them someday instead of have them just languish and never get used.

I try to imagine what 4*s I'll champ two months from now. with the exception of 4RG, I've champed everything in the current vault, so I guess I'll start looking at classics I always wanted to champ for the fun of it. Carnage is probably a good choice now, and then ... I dunno. I came close to champing Howard this month for fun, maybe Venom if his rework turns out well. We'll see! 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll give my offseason update as well.

Got pretty much everything done from my june 1 post except finishing the remaining 3 3* (SL, Ragnarok and Hood).

Currently plan is: Finishing R&G in 2 days (4* #30) > 3* SL (down to Hood and Ragnarok in 3* land) > Mr. Fantastic. 

After Mr. F i'm not so sure what i'll do. I have a Psylocke cover expiring in 14 days (lvl 223 / Peggy cover) and 4* SL will be up for pvp rewards soon. I would like to finally finish Hood and Ragnarok too. I have Gamora at 3/2/5 and Sandman at 3/3/3 so they would take priority after Mr. F if i'm lucky on my pulls and can get them covered. Having said all that, July would be something like this: 

R&G > 3* SL > Mr. F > Ragnarok > Peggy > 4* SL (?) > Gamora > Sandman >  Hood. 

By August i can champ whatever comes from PvP or Pve giving priority to Vulture and whatever else joins latest 12.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/687295/#Comment_687295

Now: day 395, SR 85.75, 131 roster slots.

No one cares. Move along.

Up to 4 dupe slots now. I'll probably eventually set up a dupe slot for each of them, but for now 4 is fine. The quickest ones are now cycling in about 2-3 weeks - probably because I'm playing more PvP than I used to.

All champed. All except Doc Oc, Quicksilver, Sentry, Star-lord and the Hood have given me 4* covers. Cap has given me his second, and leads the charge at 233.

14 champed. I've added Blade, Mordo, HoboFist and Red Hulk since last time. C&D have 12 covers, R&G and Gamora have 7 each, and Sandman has 4. The only latest cover I can't immediately use is C&D black, so I'm opening classics as I go and working on levelling people to their cover maxes while I wait for the final cover for C&D.

Riri is stalking me. She's on 288 while Medusa and Carol, both of whom were champed before her, sit on 282.

Bonus Hero is currently Teen Jean (1/1/3). Nova and Iceman have 9 covers each, but Nova is 1/5/3 and Iceman is a truly horrible 0/5/4 so it doesn't seem worth the risk.

Everyone but Cap, Star-lord and Doc Oc rostered, and with at least 2 covers. BP and Thanos have 4 covers each.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Don't even know when I last updated but I have a good 5/31 snapshot.

This season I champed 6 4* for 22 total, including the entire latest 12.  Kate Bishop snuck in there too and is sitting at 274.  Of the latest 12, champed Rocket & Groot, Gamora, Danny Rand, Mordo, and Cloak & Dagger.  I had hoarded for the bulk of the prior season due to cover glut and backlog, so I entered the season with about 1000 CP and a dozen or so LTs, which I put to work instantly.  I had RBG championed before shield sim opened, and managed to barely salvage some extra covers for Mordo and C&D that came up during the initial CP binge.  At that point, I fired off the rest of the CP, champing Gamora and barely finished Danny with hours to spare on his last covers.

Did all this without breaking the farm.  I'll finish cleaning that up this week along with finally champing 3* Quill to get back to 100% coverage there.  Have 5 on the vine, none due til 7/7 though.

I can honestly say that I've never had more fun playing than right now - I have a huge range of usable characters - the 129 champ levels added to the latest (plus a few others) helps me be competitive on both PVE and PVP finally.  

Outlook going forward: I don't have a logical entrance point for 5* land to consider yet, so I'm not actively looking for one.  I'll spend CP as I accumulate them, and champ Sandman whenever he comes ready.  I'll build up some ISO, looking to use it to either save a 14th cover that I earn for someone or when I want extra coverage for a boosted week.  Right now I have 10 4* at 13 covers (or am one 3* cover away from triggering).  I have options and the freedom now to basically do what I want in 4* land.  

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    Not quite sure how to quote/reply to my old posts on the new forums, spoiler tags don't show up. Also so much more laggy to type, not sure if I'd want to try!

First set where I was tracking:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/557684/#Comment_557684
    Seven seasons tracked, had only five champ 4* and not all champed 3* when I started posting in this thread. Ah, memories!

Second set where I was tracking:
    http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/662009/#Comment_662009
    Looks like eight more seasons tracked there.

Last season: rushed to champ Thanos, opened hoard to get more levels on him - opened 3 Thanos and last 4 BP I needed, so forced to hoard again. Got to where I could champ BP late in season and opened 2nd part of hoard (fully) - pulled no BP and forced into two 4* champs, started hoarding 3rd time for final week of season.

3* changes: SL rostered, not champed. Three 266 (+2, Cage/Grocket), all three dupes started. Patch/BPKK/Mag/SG/BE/Blade/Cap/Rag/BW all 255+, all BH until I stop chasing LT.

4* changes C&D rostered. 37 champed (+2: Gwenpool, Mordo). 9 at 172 (+duck).

Vaulted 4* status: Unchamped Wasp about to join my six other ignored , vaulted 4*'s (PX/WM/GR/IW/Drax/MrF [/Duck]). Drew to champ BP - instead drew SEVEN Gwenpool and SEVEN Mordo - raced to champ both. Venom/Riri unchamped with 13 covers, IF/C&D don't have 13.

5* changes: No daily drop and haven't pulled a classic for three seasons, no changes there. Thanos 453 (+3), 3/5/45BP (+4, one was bonus hero), HE 1/3/2 (+6). No 5k iso [whoops, I mean no SL]

145/156 Roster spots (+9 used, prepping for more dupe 3*'s, added all the 1*'s again).
    498cp/12LT - pulled at start of season after champing Thanos, started hoarding again near end of season when I pulled to 13 BP.
    Level 104 (+4)
    Day 1137 ; next daily drops - (third) War Machine, not champed and will be wasted, can't waste iso on vaulted characters.

Next season plan: Still hoarding so I don't waste BP if I pull any. Will hoard until SL goes into 5* tokens, then pull everything and hope to champ BP within two weeks.

After that I may move back to classics, depends on HE status. Also will work on last couple remaining non-champed non-vaulted 4*'s, Riri first.
    Last season:

3* SL champed. 10x266 (+7), all re-rostered and first dupe copy 3* champed (Cap). After >os left latest, only <os BH until done (currently 233)

4* Changes: Riri, Venom champed. C&D 12 covers, Grocket/Gamora each 5. Only those three unchamped and unvaulted, 6+Duck vaulted unchamped.

5* Changes: Pulled hoard day before Thanos left, continuing to pull LT's until BP leaves but saving CP. Thanos 462 (+9, two from BH), BP 463 (+13 somehow), HE 2/3/4 (+3), SL 1/0/0 (+1).

153/156 roster spots (+8 used, dupe 3*'s piling up, +R&G/Gamora/5SL)
    485cp/0LT (pulled all the day before Thanos left, that is CP since then)
    Level 109 (+5)
    Day 1165

Next season plan: Maybe go back to the wasteland that is classics. Hopefully champ C&D.

Last season:

3* 19x266 (+9), four dupe copies champed (+3), six more dupes at 13 covers, Thanos BH at 260.
    4* C&D champed, Gamora champed, Grocket 13 covers + 4 in queue, should get champed in next 10 days. Only Sandman, 6+Duck unchamped. BH Carol at 330, 317 next biggest.
    5*: Pulled CP after BP entered classics, pulling LT's to try to finish HE. HE 3/4/5 (if swap accepted) (+3), SL 3/1/4 (sad +7), Ock 0/0/0. BP 464 (+1) Thanos 467 (+5, two or three from BH), OML 451 (+2, leveled from 435) SS 451 (+2, leveled from 356), Phx 459 (+1), 453 Strange (+0), 4/4/1 Cap (+1 Daily drop), 4/3/2 IM (+0), 1/5/0 GG (+0), 2/2/2 BB (+1), 5/3/1 BW (+2), 2/4/1 Hulk (+2).

5* Dupes: Phx 0/1/0, SS 3/0/1, GG 0/2/0 (+1), BSSM 1/0/0 (+1 - CS WOULD NOT SWAP, despite that I have never had a one-time exemption and many team-mates got one this same season!)

164/166 roster spots (+9 used, +Sandman new)
    0cp/LT
    Level 113 (+4)
    Day 1192

Next season plan: Finish Grocket, giving 11/12 latest done (again). Rebuild 2* Farm and re-champ several 3*'s.

• Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    SHIELD rank level : 69
    Roster slots: 101

5 star 
    4 rostered at the moment (Doctor Strange, The Hulk, Hawkeye and Silver Surfer).

4 star
    1 champion (Gwenpool) and 35 rostered.

3 star
    All of them rostered. 44 champions.

2 star
    All of them rostered. 13 champions.

1 star
     4 are rostered
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My current roster.....

5*: Maxed and champion: SS, Cap5, Phoenix and OML. 9 or more covers: Starlord, Hawkeye,BSSM, Hulk, Blackpanther, BlackBolt. The rest around 5-6 covers...

4*: All latest champion besides AV and Sandman..(not sure if i am ever making AV a champion). From the classics all champion besides Spider-gwen (13covers), Warmachine(13covers) and Howard the Duck(12 covers).

3*: All champion, some maxed and started duplicates. 

2*Aall as farm material, once maxed champion sold when i get a next cover.

1* who cares?!...Jugs and 5 MBW for the teamups.

So my plan is to max Hawkeye before he leaves the LT. Every CP and LT will be spend to ensure i have him maxed  before he leaves...(not sure it will be doable but we will see) Also made him my only Bonus Hero.
    In my 4* land all are champion besides Sandman (5 covers) and AV, might champion CV if i keep pulling covers for him.
    2* and 3* land all for the farm.....
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I haven't done one of these in a while so why not.

1*s 
    No change, have 2 IM & Jug, don't plan on changing anytime soon (unless to sell IM if I get desperate for a roster slot)

2*s
    My 2* farm is wreck right now.  When vaulting first came out I didn't have a high enough flow of ISO to champ them at the rate I was getting them.  Even when I would hoard they were being featured so often I was having to champ 3 or 4 in 2 week periods.  To not lose covers I found myself selling L144 2*s when available and not replacing them.  Due to this I only have 5 2* champs in my farm.  I'm really close to starting a 6 month hoard and during that one of my first priorities is to get my farm back to all champed and self-sustaining again.

3*s
    I'm about 20 levels out from my most leveled 3*s hitting 266 so I will be working on dups soon.

4*s
    I'm up to 22 4* champs.  I've finally managed to get ahead of the curve on the current meta.  Once I champ Agent Venom in 2-3 days I won't have to worry about a non-champ leaving until Cloak & Dagger which is estimated in 12/21 (https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/wiki/lt)

Character Variant Applied Covers Champed? Status
    Gwenpool Gwen Poole 13 Yes Leaving
    Blade Modern 13 Yes Current
    Venom Agent Venom 13 INPG Current
    Medusa Inhuman Queen 13 Yes Current
    Captain Marvel Carol Danvers 13 Yes Current
    Riri Williams Ironheart 13 Yes Current
    Mordo Master of the Mystic Arts 13 Yes Current
    Agent Coulson Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D 13 Yes Current
    Iron Fist Danny Rand 13 Yes Current
    Cloak & Dagger Classic 7 No Current
    Rocket & Groot Awesome Mix Volume 2 4 No Current
    Gamora Awesome Mix Volume 2 6 No Current
    Sandman Flint Marko 4 No Entering

Based on this I have started hoarding all CP & LT (and most ISO) until December at which point I hope to champ most if not all of the 12 at once (and possibly try to get first 3 5*s, more on that later).  I have 3 vaulted 4*s I plan to champion during this period as well and expect to gain more over the 6 months, but I expect to have a large ISO surplus ready for champs (if not it only takes me about a week's worth of ISO income to 70-champ a 4* currently).

5*s
    Currently 0 champed, most covered is Black Panther with 4/4/0, next most is Thanos with 2/3/2 (he's marked as Bonus Hero due to better character and more even distribution).  The rest below:
    Character Variant Applied Covers Level
    Black Panther Civil War 8 255
    Thanos The Mad Titan 7 255
    Silver Surfer Skyrider 6 270
    Jean Grey Phoenix 5 255
    Black Bolt Inhuman King 4 255
    Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme 4 255
    The Hulk Bruce Banner 4 255
    Black Widow Natasha Romanoff 3 255
    Steve Rogers First Avenger 3 255
    Iron Man Mark XLVI 2 255
    Green Goblin Norman Osborn 1 255
    Spider-Man Back in Black 1 255
    Star-Lord Awesome Mix Volume 2 1 255
    Wolverine Old Man Logan 1 255
    Doctor Octopus Classic 0 0
    Hawkeye Clint Barton 0 0

With a 6 month hoard coming up and there should be 3 new 5*s by then I'm strongly considering making a run on 13 covering (if not champing) the next 3 5*s to be released.  Doing it this way seems to be the only viable way to enter 5* territory and I'm at an optimal place in my 4* progression to try it.  I've estimated that I should have at least 4000 CP by December (160 pulls).  I currently have 20 LTs and am at place in 4* progression that I can win CoT every time with only 2 or 3 exceptions.  (6*30)/5 = 36 more LTs.  Add to that champ levels from 3*s and 4*s I'll easily be able to do over 200 pulls from Latest Legends.  Assuming they don't stop CS cover swapping by then this should be enough to get at least 1 13 covered, I hope to get all 3 but that depends on luck and what my final pull count ends up being.

The real question is do I want to get 5* territory.  Until recently the answer to that has been a pretty obvious no, but a few things have changed that for me. 
    1.  SCL based scaling is coming out.  One of the biggest fears about putting levels into 5*s is bad scaling issues.  Assuming SCL based scaling is applied to all PvE by this point that concern is gone.  I would still have the concern of it wrecking PvP, but if that's true will largely depend on how good the 3 characters are (and if I manage to luck out with BHs on Thanos).
    2.  See a reasonable end for most 4* championing.  Vaulting has some pros and cons.  One of the cons is I'm not able to reliably stay up to date on new 4*s.  One of the cons is once they leave chasing their levels / hoping to get to the back part of their champ levels where the rewards are better is futile.  The two of these combine to my goals for 4*s be champ them all and then move to 5*.  As noted about I don't see any problems keeping up with new 4*s as long as the meta doesn't change.  I'm at a point with my vaulted characters where more than 50% have 10+ covers and it shouldn't be hard to champ them as they cycle through with the help of BH without pulling from CP (even if they finally give us a store for them).  Add to that the fact that I can get enough ISO to champ 1 per week and they release on average once every 3 the end of the 4* tier is in sight for me.

There's also the possibility that I don't champ any 13 covered 5*s I get.  The main challenge is getting to 13 so holding off on actually champing wouldn't be such a bad thing, even if I end up selling a cover or two.  This would almost certainly be the case if I don't manage to get all 3 to 13 as I wouldn't want to try PvP in 5* land unless I have at least 3.
  • AngryGerman
    AngryGerman Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Never done one of these before, but I guess there's no better time to start than the present. 

2*: My farm is currently in shambles. I currently have 5 champed plus bagman and am planning on selling four of them within the next week. I should have enough ISO by then to champ AV and use the 10(!) covers I've pulled for him recently. Then I can start the long process of rebuilding. 

3* All currently champed. My Patch, who is my highest, just hit 255, so I'll be rostering a new copy of him with the upcoming covers. I just got my Rocket and Groot up to 223 for the final Drax cover I needed and am now focusing on Quicksilver, who will give me the final War Machine cover I need in ~20 levels. 

4*: 25/52 total champed and 7/12 unvaulted champed. That's counting Gwenpool already being replaced by Sandman. Like I previously said, I should be able to champ my AV in the next week. After that I'll have a pretty lengthy rebuilding process before I can work on C&D who is at full build. Then I'll hopefully get the final blue R&G cover I need to champ them. 

5*: My only leveled 5* is OML at 345 and a 5/2/1 build. I've been thinking about leveling him to 360 or 375 for the extra match damage and health. I just never have enough ISO. I can see the light at the end of the latest 4* tunnel though, so this might be something to really consider in another season or two. Besides him, I have a HE at 3/3/5 and a Phoenix at 3/4/2. I'm really hoping I'll be able to finish HE soon, but only have a few weeks left for him. Even if I do finish him though, I have no plans of champing a 5* anytime soon. I still have far too many 4*s to level. But then again, if the pve scaling change happens soon, I may be leveling them full build or not. 
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    May update on day 1307 at at http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/688403/#Comment_688403

Day 1336

5*s: all at lvl255 as usual
    JeanGrey 5/3/5, BlackWidow 4/3/2, IronMan 4/0/3, SteveRogers 2/1/4, DoctorStrange 2/3/2, SilverSurfer 2/3/1, Wolverine 3/1/2, SpiderMan 3/1/1, Thanos 1/1/3, BlackBolt 1/1/2, StarLord 0/1/3, TheHulk 0/3/1, GreenGoblin 0/2/2, Hawkeye 0/2/1, BlackPanther 0/1/1

4*s: 25 championed, Iron Man lvl287, Gwenpool lvl281, Deadpool Wolverine lvl280, CaptainMarvel LukeCage Medusa Star-Lord lvl279, Devil Dinosaur lvl277, Blade Kingpin lvl276, AgentCoulson Cyclops Elektra SamWilson lvl275, JeanGrey PeggyCarter Thor lvl274, NickFury Nova RedHulk lvl273, InvisibleWoman X23 lvl272, Iceman MoonKnight lvl271

Mordo lvl230 (4/4/5), ProfessorX lvl193 (5/4/4), AntMan lvl160 (4/5/4), Quake lvl160 (3/4/5), Carnage Ghost Rider lvl150 (5/2/5), TheThing lvl150 (3/2/5), Sandman lvl74 (0/1/1)

Lvl120: MilesMorales (5/4/4), ThePunisher (5/3/5), WarMachine (4/4/5), TheHulk Venom (5/5/2), HowardTheDuck (3/4/4), SpiderGwen (3/5/3), WinterSoldier (3/3/5), Drax (2/3/5), KateBishop (3/2/5)

Lvl78: IronFist (5/5/3), MrFantastic RiriWilliams (4/4/5), Wasp (5/3/5), AgentVenom (2/5/5), CloakAndDagger (2/4/5), SpiderWoman (5/4/2), Rocket&Groot (1/2/5), Gamora (1/3/2)

3*s: All championed
    ScarletWitch lvl250, Wolverine lvl240, LukeCage lvl235, Rocket&Groot lvl233, IronMan lvl231, IronFist SteveRogers lvl227, BlackWidow lvl226, BlackPanther SamWilson lvl225, Deadpool Magneto lvl224, Blade Bullseye Daredevil lvl223, KamalaKhan lvl220, Storm lvl219, Cyclops Daken SpiderMan lvl216, SquirrelGirl lvl215, Thor lvl214, HumanTorch Vision lvl212, Loki lvl211, Beast SheHulk lvl210, Gamora lvl208, DoctorDoom lvl207, CaptainMarvel Mystique lvl205, Quicksilver TheHulk lvl204, Sentry lvl203, Colossus lvl202, Hawkeye TheHood   lvl201, DoctorOctopus lvl200, DoctorStrange Psylocke lvl199, Ragnarok Thanos lvl198, ThePunisher lvl192, StarLord lvl184 

2*s: All Rostered
    Hawkeye Magneto Storm lvl144, Ares lvl134, Daken lvl132, HumanTorch lvl128, SteveRogers lvl116, Wolverine lvl114, BlackWidow lvl108. Thor lvl104, CaptainMarvel lvl1030, Moonstone lvl78, Bullseye lvl17

3 Dupes: Magneto lvl127, Storm lvl117, Hawkeye lvl98

1*s: All rostered, IronMan Juggernaut Storm at max level

Changes over the past month
    1. 2 new 4*s champed to bring my total champs up to 25. AgentCoulson has been promoted as planned, while I managed to procure a whole bunch of Blade covers so decided to make use of those as well by making him the second champ for the month.
    2. Of the 8 max covered 4*s in the previous update AgentCoulson and Blade has obviously left the gang, while IronFist, MrFantastic and ThePunisher joined the gang to bring the number up to 9.
    3. Next targets for champs will be Mordo who is almost there already, followed by RiriWilliams because I'm getting way too many covers for the both of them. After that will be IronFist unless I manage to max cover Cloak&Dagger before that, in which case they will be prioritised.
    4. Current aim now is to champ all max covered characters in current 12 and maxing out the levels of the non-maxed ones. Situation seems pretty good so far, with 4/12 champed and just 3 more max covered. With a bit of luck I could manage to get those 3 up by the next update.
    5. ISO Usage and Debt

ISO to cap (3*-4*): 6.3M (Previous Update: 6.6M)
    ISO to max (3*-4*): 9.2M (Previous Update: 9.9M)
    ISO invested (all characters): 19.5M (Previous Update: 18.0M)

And this is really where 2 months of increase play shows its results: a decrease in ISO to cap for the first time since my day 1126 update, which was after the last anniversary. Hopefully it will continue to drop and not be a one time thing.
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Day 389

Never done one of these myself.  

To start, I have at least 1 cover of every character, minus the unnecessary 1*s (Juggernaut is the only one to grace my roster).  I have almost never failed to get the new characters during their releases (the exception being Gwenpoole's release - I didn't have 4Thor yet for the essential node).

2*: Farm is coming back up after a big sell-off that helped champion M4rvel and Mordo over the past 2 weeks.  Only 4 of them need to be championed, and I'm working on them.

3*: All championed.  

IM40, Strang3, and Thanos are by far the ones I use most, so I've been pumping up their levels with bonus heroes, starting with IM40.  IM40 is currently at 262, but I have unfavorited him for now because I want to use that last Hulkbuster cover in his champ rewards.  I am currently working on getting Strang3 up using BH, and after him I'll favorite Thanos.

4*:
    Current Champions: Blade, Spiderwoman, Medusa, Coulson, Gwenpoole, Riri, Star-Lord, Mordo, Agent Venom, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, Cyclops, Cho Hulk.  

Characters at 13 covers: Gamora, Jean Grey, Quake, Peggy, Moon Knight, Punisher, Wolverine, Nova.

Characters close to 13 (10+ covers): Venom (12), Iron Fist (12), Professor X (10), Red Hulk (10), Flaptain (11), Wasp (11), Hulkbuster (12), Carnage (12), Deadpool (11), Invisible Woman (10), Rocket & Groot (11)

Overall Plan: I purchased the blue Hulkbuster H4H cover, putting him at 5/5/2, and am going to purchase the last blue cover with 120CP, thus allowing me to use the IM40 Hulkbuster Champ reward as his 14th cover.  However, right now I'm going to focus on champing Gamora (since she's in the T12), and then I'll champ HB.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options

Offseason update (June 2017 Vol. 2)

Day 770

Roster slots: 130

5 Stars
    No changes here.

4 Stars
    Champions
    Agent Coulson, Ant-Man, Blade, Captain Marvel, Cloak & Dagger, Cyclops, Deadpool, Drax, Gamora, Gwenpool, Howard The Duck, Iceman, Iron Fist, Iron Man, Jean Grey, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Luke Cage, Medusa, Mordo, Mr. Fantastic, Nova, Peggy Carter, Quake, Red Hulk, Riri Williams, Rocket & Groot, Spider-Woman, Star-Lord, The Punisher, Thor, Venom (Agent Venom), Wasp, Wolverine
    I have 34 4* champions now. During the last season I´ve championed Iron Fist, Cloak & Dagger, Mr. Fantastic (my first vaulted champion since March) and Gamora. Furthermore I´ve recruited Sandman (4/2/5).

3 Stars
    I´ve championed my duplicate of Rocket & Groot. The duplicate of Patch is also ready to be championed (I will get his final cover on Saturday in DDQ). Black Panther, Daredevil (his duplicate is already at 0/2/3) and Kamala Khan have finally reached their maximum level too. 

2 Stars
    They´re in permanent flux. Only Bagman, Daken, Moonstone and Steve Rogers are unchampioned at the moment.

Future goals
    Champion Sandman to complete the last one of the latest 12 4* characters. Meanwhile I´m still hoarding LTs (147) and CPs (1200).
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dang, @Black Duke, if you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to get 11 Sandman covers already? 

It's just that you mentioned you were hoarding LTs and CP, plus he's not in tokens yet anyway, so they didn't come from there. 

Was that all from placement and progression rewards? I guess you could have raided the release event token store with HP too. At any rate, that's impressive. 
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll add mine too. Day 1006.  

All 5*s except Dr. Octopus, none leveled or really covered well.

25 4* champions added Medusa, Nova, Carol, Blade and Agent Venom this past season.  I took me two classic pulls today to get cover 14 for Riri so she will be next. I want to cover the latest 12, but only have 4 champed now since Gwenpool left today. Riri and Coulson are fully covered, Mordo and Cloak and Dagger are close too.

All 3*s except Starlord are champed a couple in the 240s so I'm still a couple seasons away from adding dupes.

Really having fun now with my ever growing roster of usable 4*s, wish I could pull more tokens but Iso troubles.

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:

4*s
    I'm up to 22 4* champs.  I've finally managed to get ahead of the curve on the current meta.  Once I champ Agent Venom in 2-3 days I won't have to worry about a non-champ leaving until Cloak & Dagger which is estimated in 12/21 (https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelPuzzleQuest/wiki/lt)

Venom Agent Venom 13 INPG Current
    Medusa Inhuman Queen 13 Yes Current
    Captain Marvel Carol Danvers 13 Yes Current
    Riri Williams Ironheart 13 Yes Current
    Mordo Master of the Mystic Arts 13 Yes Current
    Agent Coulson Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D 13 Yes Current
    Iron Fist Danny Rand 13 Yes Current
    Cloak & Dagger Classic 7 No Current
    Rocket & Groot Awesome Mix Volume 2 4 No Current
    Gamora Awesome Mix Volume 2 6 No Current
    Sandman Flint Marko 4 No Entering

Based on this I have started hoarding all CP & LT (and most ISO) until December at which point I hope to champ most if not all of the 12 at once (and possibly try to get first 3 5*s, more on that later).  I have 3 vaulted 4*s I plan to champion during this period as well and expect to gain more over the 6 months, but I expect to have a large ISO surplus ready for champs (if not it only takes me about a week's worth of ISO income to 70-champ a 4* currently).

I'm not quite at the same level of completion in the current 12, but you've inspired me with the 6 month hoard idea. My own dirty dozen is as follows

Venom Agent Venom 13 Yes Current
    Medusa Inhuman Queen 10 No Current
    Captain Marvel Carol Danvers 12 No Current
    Riri Williams Ironheart 10 No Current
    Mordo Master of the Mystic Arts 10 No Current
    Agent Coulson Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D 11 No Current
    Iron Fist Danny Rand 11 No Current
    Cloak & Dagger Classic 13 No Current
    Rocket & Groot Awesome Mix Volume 2 12 No Current
    Gamora Awesome Mix Volume 2 7 No Current
    Sandman Flint Marko 2 No Entering

I'm lining up the 13th cover for Carol via champ rewards (BH 3* Carol) and I'm sure Grocket will be required in PvE soon enough. With C&D already at 13, that means I've got ~1m ISO to earn and spend already. With Riri, Mordo, Coulson, and Danny all on 10+ covers, I'd want another 1m ready to go if I decide to champ again. Saving for the long term seems to be the best way to ensure I don't pull covers I can't apply.

I'm focusing ISO into C&D now. I'll have to keep it in mind and see how I feel about spinning my wheels for 6 months.

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Dang, @Black Duke, if you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to get 11 Sandman covers already? 

It's just that you mentioned you were hoarding LTs and CP, plus he's not in tokens yet anyway, so they didn't come from there. 

Was that all from placement and progression rewards? I guess you could have raided the release event token store with HP too. At any rate, that's impressive. 
    First of all I want to thank you @DarthDeVo since you´re the first user here who shows interest in my monthly roster report! :)

Well, it´s no secret where I got my Sandman covers from (and I haven´t bought any covers from his PVP store). I got four covers from his release event, one cover from alliance´s placement, one cover as PVE progression reward and another cover as PVP progression reward making him 2/2/3. As he entered the legendary store yesterday (6.00 p.m. CEST), I marked him as my bonus hero and opened my little HT hoard (120 HTs & 10-pack). They´ve given me two Sandman covers (plus two bonus covers) bringing Flint to 4/2/5.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:

First of all I want to thank you @DarthDeVo since you´re the first user here who shows interest in my monthly roster report! :)

Well, it´s no secret where I got my Sandman covers from (and I haven´t bought any covers from his PVP store). I got four covers from his release event, one cover from alliance´s placement, one cover as PVE progression reward and another cover as PVP progression reward making him 2/2/3. As he entered the legendary store yesterday (6.00 p.m. CEST), I marked him as my bonus hero and opened my little HT hoard (120 HTs & 10-pack). They´ve given me two Sandman covers (plus two bonus covers) bringing Flint to 4/2/5.
     You're welcome. :smile:

I guess my stores hadn't been updated or something when I asked, because I don't think Sandman was in there at that point. Makes a little more sense that some covers came from there and BH though. I thought there was no way you could have gotten them all strictly through placement and progression.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Posted 2nd June 2017
    starpng starpng starpng starpng starpng
    Oml L463 +0
    Phx L458 +0
    SS L461 +1
    Black Bolt L454 +1
    Widow L454 +0
    IM46 L452 +1
    BSS L451 +0
    5trange L452 +1
    Cap L453 +2 
    Thanos L455 +2
    BP L451 +1
    Banner 3/5/5 +2 (1 from NMG token) +1 if I can get 570k iso in 2 weeks... 
    GG 4/5/4 +0
    Hawkeye 3/5/5 +4 (1 bonus) 
    Starlord 1/0/0 +1
    Doc Ock 1/0/0 +1

This month felt pretty miserable, with multiple long stretches of no 5* pulls and worse, no starlord until the very last day of the season, and the alliance token for season gave me my 14th BP, which triggered a wild flurry of iso-grubbing once more. So BP is now champed and being suave and tons of fun, with or without Thanos. :)

Only one BH this time, and while the number of pulls overall was reduced, enough of them fell very luckily in the exact characters who needed them - Hawkeye and Banner.

And because I like to live dangerously, I opened classics again after I champed BP and found myself in sudden possession of Banner #14. New target to champ for the new season! 

starpng starpng starpng starpng 
    Champed Iron Fist and Cloak&Dagger. New to roster Rocket&Groot 1/5/3 and Gamor 2/4/4.

starpng starpng starpng 
    Cycling. Of the first generation 3*s not including new characters strange /thanos/etc only 17 remain. Starlord, Carol, Beast, Loki, Psylocke, Falcon and Squirrel in queue to champ.

starpng starpng
    Interrupted rechamp cycle. Dupe situation still silly. 

Bagman count: wonder of wonders, 4.

Preseason update 1st July. 
    Oml L465 +2
    Phx L458 +0
    SS L461 +0
    Black Bolt L454 +0
    Widow L454 +0
    IM46 L454 +2
    BSS L451 +0
    5trange L453 +1
    Cap L453 +0
    Thanos L455 +0
    BP L453 +2
    Banner L451 +0
    Hawkeye L452 +2
    GG L451 +1 
    Starlord 3/0/0 +2 (1 BH) 
    Doc Ock 2/1/2 +4

2nd season in a row where 5*s have felt comparatively scarce, but looking at real overall numbers,  my patient alliance-mates listening to me gripe probably want to chuck me off a cliff. It is in fact lower than odds given my earn rate for cp/lts, but not extremely below par and  I have had stupid luck to more than balance it for many, many seasons. I'm going to keep complaining that RNGesus is a bad, bad deity to depend on for progression and this really, really needs to change.

I champed 4x5*s in the first 3 weeks of June - BP, Banner, Hawkeye, Goblin. It was crazy grinding and gambling on BH to send my beloved  3* farm to the knackers. It can be done. I advise against following in my footsteps.

Starlord continued to scorn and avoid me, then took pity after a stretch of 0/30 (assorted lts)  to grace my roster with his epic presence. He is now a lordly 3/0/0. I anticipate tears.

Doctor Octopus felt sorry for me and gifted me with 4 additional covers to end the season at 2/1/2. If I'd been opening latests instead of classics with cp I am afraid to imagine how big he might have become. 

Still feeling at a loss now that I have no more 13 cover 5*s to champ. 

Perhaps you are thinking, oh poor foolish tinykitty, what of your 4*s? How many covers you must have sold for Grocket and Gamora. 

Well yes.  I did sell a few. I also champed Grocket and Gamora. Because I'm a tinykitty who doesn't give up. 

NEW: Sandman 2/3/5.

starpng starpng starpng 
    Of the Original 40 before the 5+3 double releases started, 9 survive. 20 have been rechamped to date. 11 dupes waiting to be rechamped now that I am done with 5s and 4s.

NEW: Starlord champed.  I'm a 3* transitioner!

starpng starpng 
    So many dupes. I cycled out my maxed carol and replaced her with Torch, Bullseye and Thor.

Bagman count: I think I have been understandably distracted. Not sure if 2 or 4 or 5. But definitely got a few. More than 5tarlord. 

Going to go back to basics... Rebuild my poor farm. Ragequit. Or something. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Click to see my update from May:

The theme of this update is 4* champs. I've gone from one to nine, with another on deck.
    So let's get on with it:
    DAY: 388
    SCL RANK: 82 (1723/2950)
    ROSTER SLOTS: 117
    starpng
    1. Iron Man Level 50 5/4/4
    2. Juggernaut Level 40 5/5
    3. Spider-Man Level 50 5/4/4
    Got the last Spidey covers I needed to get him to Level 50.
    starpng starpng
    I've got all the starpng starpng characters (except Bagman) rotating through the farm. As soon as one gets champed, I hold on to any of their covers I draw until I get 13 covers, then sell the champ and re-roster and champ them. If I don't have the right mix of covers in a two week span, then I just sell and re-roster with what I have and champ when I get to 13. No change.
    starpng starpng starpng
    Every single starpng starpng starpng character is rostered and champed, except for Star-Lord, who is 2/4/2 and Level 102. Once he's available to be made a bonus hero, I'll add him to hopefully get him champed fairly quickly. Character levels range from Iron Man at Level 232 to Doc Ock and Hood Level 177. She-Hulk is currently my only bonus hero at this tier, in an effort to get the Gwenpool cover at level 183.
    This tier has seen the biggest changes. I have every starpng starpng starpng starpng rostered. I now have nine champs; Blade, Spider-Woman, Captain Marvel, Wasp, Riri Williams, Agent Venom, Luke Cage and Mordo have joined Medusa. They range from 279 to 272. With the covers I'll likely win from DP vs. MPQ and She-Hulk bonus hero covers, I should have enough to champ Gwenpool relatively soon. Everyone else ranges from War Machine at 2/5/5 (but only level 209) and Wolverine at 4/3/4 Level 229 (Peggy at 5/4/2 but Level 209) to Chulk at Level 74. Most of them are toward that lower end, and with vaulting/bonus heroes they might stay that way for a bit. Only a handful lack at least one cover in each color. I'm at least able to play at a level that I can usually get T10 in SCL7, which is good for a cover, plus another through progression. Crashes are still a bit hit or miss; I'm on a dry run right now, but should have some better odds in the next few rounds.
    1. Thanos Level 255 5/1/4
    2. Black Panther Level 255 3/3/4
    3. Dr. Strange Level 255 1/1/3
    4. Hawkeye Level 255 2/0/1
    5. Iron Man Level 255 0/0/1
    6. Silver Surfer Level 255 0/0/1
    Got a few more 5* covers, but still not putting any ISO into them yet. It's hard enough keeping up with my 4*s.
    WHAT'S NEXT?
    I doubt I'll add any more at the starpng tier.
    The starpng starpng farm is going strong and I plan to keep rotating them through.
    I pretty much already covered my plans for the starpng starpng starpng tier above. I've been rotating bonus heroes one or two at a time until they get to Level 183 for the starpng starpng starpng starpng cover reward.
    As far as the starpng starpng starpng starpng tier goes, I've been saving LTs and CP and opening them in mini-bursts as 5*s rotate out of Latest and 4*s get vaulted. I'm currently saving for when BP rotates out of Latest, but since he's my last decently covered 5*, once he rotates out I'll probably switch to pulling LTs and CP as I get them from Classics. I can win some Crashes, but those are still more infrequent, so it's not really a reliable source for LTs. I am trying to get to at least 575 in each PvP event for the 10 CP. Iceman is my only bonus hero, and it's gotten him up to 2/2/1 Level 111. He'll probably remain my sole bonus hero for the foreseeable future.
    I've maintained VIP status since November, which I think has been beneficial to my progress.
    I've finally gotten to the point where HP is in somewhat of an excess. It's allowing me to buy some shields in PvP, which has been helpful to getting to the 800/900 level on occasion. I've got some underleveled characters at the 4* tier due to an ISO shortage. The plan is to get any of the Current 12 leveled up, then go back and level the vaulted characters, especially if it will make a difference for their Crash.

So let's get on with it:

DAY: 423
    SCL RANK: 87 (1879/3200)
    ROSTER SLOTS: 120
    4* ISO SHORTAGE: 185,388
    OVERALL ISO SHORTAGE: 1,564,913 

starpng
    1. Iron Man Level 50 5/4/4
    2. Juggernaut Level 40 5/5
    3. Spider-Man Level 50 5/4/4
    Got the last Spidey covers I needed to get him to Level 50. No change.

starpng starpng
    I've got all the starpng starpng characters (except Bagman) rotating through the farm. As soon as one gets champed, I hold on to any of their covers I draw until I get 13 covers, then sell the champ and re-roster and champ them. If I don't have the right mix of covers in a two week span, then I just sell and re-roster with what I have and champ when I get to 13. No change.

starpng starpng starpng
    Every single starpng starpng starpng character is rostered and champed, including Star-Lord. Character levels range from Iron Man at Level 238 to Star-Lord at 174. Gamora (Level 209) is currently my only bonus hero at this tier, in an effort to get the yellow Star-Lord at level 223. It's one of the few covers I lack at the 4* level.

It's been a bit slower this month. I've only champed two more characters: Gwenpool and Iron Fist. But the slowdown in champs has allowed me to put some ISO in some characters that had been sitting underleveled for quite awhile. 

I have every starpng starpng starpng starpng rostered. My champs range from Blade at Level 287 to Luke Cage at Level 273. Other characters range from Peggy (5/5/2 Level 250), War Machine (2/5/5 Level 250), and Wolverine (4/4/4 but Level 229) to Chulk and Sandman (1/0/1 and 0/1/1, both Level 74). Most of them are still toward that lower end, and with vaulting/bonus heroes they might stay that way for a bit. Only a handful lack at least one cover in each color. I'm at least able to play at a level that I can usually get T10 in SCL7, which is good for a cover, plus another through progression. Crashes are still a bit hit or miss; I'm in a spot where I'm more likely to win for the next couple rotations at least.

1. Thanos Level 255 5/1/4
    2. Black Panther Level 255 5/3/5
    3. Dr. Strange Level 255 1/1/3
    4. Hawkeye Level 255 4/0/1
    5. Iron Man Level 255 0/0/1
    6. Silver Surfer Level 255 0/0/1
    7. Green Goblin Level 255 0/1/0
    8. Star-Lord Level 255 0/0/1

Got a few more 5* covers and characters, but still not putting any ISO into them yet. Still trying to catch up with my 4*s. But the biggest development is that I managed to get my first fully covered character, an organically covered 5/3/5 Black Panther. I'm still not planning on adding any ISO for a bit. Maybe when the hypothetical scaling changes take effect.

WHAT'S NEXT?
    I doubt I'll add any more at the starpng tier.

The starpng starpng farm is going strong and I plan to keep rotating them through.

I pretty much already covered my plans for the starpng starpng starpng tier above. Once I get Gamora to 223, I'll switch to Rocket and Groot (Level 227) to try to get them to Level 265 for the Drax red cover. I'm hoping to make it happen before 3* champ rewards change, as I can no longer rely on Heroes for Hire to get these covers. That should keep me busy for awhile.

As far as the starpng starpng starpng starpng tier goes, I've been saving LTs and CP and opening them in mini-bursts as 5*s rotate out of Latest and 4*s get vaulted. Now that BP is covered, I may continue hoarding for a bit, but I also might see how things shake out with 5* Spider-Man. Depending on what kind of store he has, I might try and get as many covers as I can, then wait until Star-Lord and Doc Ock rotate out, as I'm not terribly interested in them. I can win some Crashes, but those are still more infrequent, so it's not really a reliable source for LTs. I am trying to get to at least 575 in each PvP event for the 10 CP. Iceman was my only bonus hero, and it's gotten him up to 4/2/1 Level 131. Spider-Gwen is now my sole bonus hero, in an effort to get her red cover. It's one of the few covers I lack in the tier. I had been planning on using Heroes for Hire to get this cover, until that whole thing blew up.

I've maintained VIP status since November, but just recently let it expire, due to the Heroes for Hire debacle. If things improve, I may go back to VIP, but not while HfH exists in its current format.

I've been catching up on my underleveled characters at the 4* tier. The plan is to get any of the Current 12 leveled up, then go back and level the vaulted characters, especially if it will make a difference for their Crash.