Lone Star Skirmish

Options

Comments

• Actually now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure Patch is by far the best 1v1er. Best there is matches all the tiles on board so he can near 1shot characters like Hulk and 5 yellow makes it extremely hard to punch through his defenses. Those 2 abilities alone make him have a huge advantage over everyone else.

I think so too. You would just have to be a little bit careful of the board layout when you lay down the strike tiles.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    This is a one start tournament. It wouldn't say "one star is all you need" if it was 1v1. Heroes are never referred to as stars.
    They've never changed the name of a tournament on repeats, so it's up in the air what this is. The first 1* tourney was called Back to Basics. It also only gave 2* heroes as rewards so I really hope it isn't that again.
  • Concerning solo tournament I would say Ares would be quite good there, especially against likes of Hulk and C. Storm.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    This is a one start tournament. It wouldn't say "one star is all you need" if it was 1v1. Heroes are never referred to as stars.
    They've never changed the name of a tournament on repeats, so it's up in the air what this is. The first 1* tourney was called Back to Basics. It also only gave 2* heroes as rewards so I really hope it isn't that again.

Something that I thought this might be is a 1v1 tournament where you can ONLY pick 1* characters (literally 1 star is all you need, not 2 or 3), in which case this would be pretty hilarious. I'm pretty sure that tournament would devolve to Juggs headbutting each other though.
  • A 1 cover tourney would definitely take all our ap thieves out of competition. OBW hood etc etc
    Spidey would be out of the question. Way too slow.

You need a combo of speed and defense. Covers that come to mind are
    Thor
    Hulk
    Ragnarok (hate all you want but 6 red for 1k damage and some green + huge health pool. Not bad
    Dr D
    Patch
    Possibly a low yellow im40 pumping out mass red ap to himself
    Ares
    Punisher
    Mags c

A+
    Hulk
    Patch

A-
    Dr Doom
    Ares
    Mag c

B+
    Thor
    Punisher
    Ragnarok

B-
    IM40

That's about where I'm at.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    C.Storm would be evil fun! icon_twisted.gif

I would (and will if I get the chance) pick Patch though, because of his incredible regeneration and extreme damage moves - don't forget the entire board will be Patch tiles! icon_eek.gif
  • Also Patch would be most OP char by huge magnitude in solo tournament, heal every turn and noone would survive his red.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    If C.Storm had a bit more max hp, she would be on that list. She could be lethal once you got her down below 50% health.

Ooph, wow, yeah, I forgot about that. That'd be disgusting quite frankly.

Yeah but he's right about the health. Rags could easily knock her down to 60%. Pop a red. Pop a green. Takes maybe 500 damage and it's over.
    But cStorm's wiki says on her yellow: 'Max Level: 301 base damage. 2003 damage if team below 50% health.' Pretty hurtful, non?
  • NorthernPolarity
    edited February 2014
    Options
    A 1 cover tourney would definitely take all our ap thieves out of competition. OBW hood etc etc
    Spidey would be out of the question. Way too slow.

You need a combo of speed and defense. Covers that come to mind are
    Thor
    Hulk
    Ragnarok (hate all you want but 6 red for 1k damage and some green + huge health pool. Not bad
    Dr D
    Patch
    Possibly a low yellow im40 pumping out mass red ap to himself
    Ares
    Punisher
    Mags c

A+
    Hulk
    Patch

A-
    Dr Doom
    Ares
    Mag c

B+
    Thor
    Punisher
    Ragnarok

B-
    IM40

That's about where I'm at.

Patch beats Hulk. 5 red best there is does 10k damage if he even has 50 tiles on the board (64 total tiles, so 14 tiles would be environmental). Anger doesn't matter if you can one shot him, so 14 red = I win the game if you're Patch.
  • locked wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    If C.Storm had a bit more max hp, she would be on that list. She could be lethal once you got her down below 50% health.

Ooph, wow, yeah, I forgot about that. That'd be disgusting quite frankly.

Yeah but he's right about the health. Rags could easily knock her down to 60%. Pop a red. Pop a green. Takes maybe 500 damage and it's over.
    But cStorm's wiki says on her yellow: 'Max Level: 301 base damage. 2003 damage if team below 50% health.' Pretty hurtful, non?

Yeah below 50% is. But it is very easy with many characters to keep damage down to 1 50% + yellow retaliation and wipe her out. If you were able to set her off with match damage maybe a different story. I still don't think she would hold up too well. Maybe the annoyance factor might pull her into the B / B- area.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Guys, I don't think this is a 1* tournament. I think this will be a 1v1 tournament. The first 1* tournament was called Back to Basics, and this one clearly isn't.

Patch tourney. I doubt they would do this, that would be awful icon_cry.gif

The event will probably have several nodes featuring different 1*'s (like the Divine tourney) and buffs on the 1* roster.

starsrift wrote:
    I'm gonna cry if Psylocke is the reward, 'cause I think her ability set looks awesome and I only have M. Storm and Widow. icon_e_sad.gif
    I suppose since I avoided all the Jugg covers in the Prologue I could get one of him, but then I'd have to feed him ISO and get him a character slot and everything. :/

I highly doubt she'll be featured in the PvP. Hulk is due for some exposure, I bet they thrown him on the top 50.

Psylocke will definitely be a sub-event reward for the Black Panther PvE.
  • @NP

Yeah. Probably knock hulk down to an A.
    I think that would make the tourney a tad boring though.

A bit better maybe if hulk patch and a few random others got restricted.
    Encourage more variety and make people like stormx2 and 2* wolvie and others like that a better chance.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Guys, I don't think this is a 1* tournament. I think this will be a 1v1 tournament. The first 1* tournament was called Back to Basics, and this one clearly isn't.

The event will probably have several nodes featuring different 1*'s (like the Divine tourney) and buffs on the 1* roster.

starsrift wrote:
    I'm gonna cry if Psylocke is the reward, 'cause I think her ability set looks awesome and I only have M. Storm and Widow. icon_e_sad.gif
    I suppose since I avoided all the Jugg covers in the Prologue I could get one of him, but then I'd have to feed him ISO and get him a character slot and everything. :/

I highly doubt she'll be featured in the PvP. Hulk is due for some exposure, I bet they thrown him on the top 50.

Hulk just had some exposure in the simulator part 4/4. 2.5 days worth.
  • maybe its a cap america tourney. there is "one star" on his sheild.

marc
  • Jachdo wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

starsrift wrote:

/Shrug

Shows what I know. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Ugh wanted to ignore this tourney but I need Psylocke covers. I have every cover in the game but a lot of my 1 stars are not maxed levels.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Yeahhh, I usually skip these, but gotta get some psylocke rewards.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Think I'm not going to pump more iso into my 1*s. Don't care about Psylocke too much due to having a maxed Punisher, but I guess I'll try and MMR my way into top 15 with my level 30 1*s.
  • Mid 40 im/m.storm/...so lvl 40 jugg as the last then? I don't sees point in adding the last few points to make them 50/50. Everyone is so similar points are the only real determining factor unless you are seeing lvl 20 below enemies.
  • Ughhh, not fond of the thought of just 1* scrapping endlessly for rare rewards. Not a lot of diversification in the 1* league, zzzzz. icon_e_sad.gif