Lone Star Skirmish

15678911»

Comments

• That a slow grind. Ended up like 30ish so good enough for my first Psylocke cover Yay for more 3* characters that I'll never use.
  • I couldn't keep my score, but I luckily got the black psylocke cover. So, I'm at 3 covers now for her.
  • I finished in top 500!
  • Wait... what?

I won?

The player in second mistimed their shield and it dropped an hour early. Awkward.

The horde tried to climb to the top, but never made up to me. But, did they try their hardest...
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    First place. Took little effort. Love me that IM Storm Venom rainbow.
  • Curious to see if those annoyed about damage/healing farmed City stage with lvl5 red m.Storm?

I know Thorned Rose is tempting, but at least for me constant free heals without resorting to Prologue seemed the way to go.
    Thorns > healing.
    Thanks to thorns (BW, Storm, IM) You can:
    1.kill enemies faster
    2.keep them in almost constant stun
    3.put more protecting tiles.

ergo - You loose much less hp. I was able to play for more than 2hrs till my health packs gone.
  • I had no business playing this event with a im35 max, lvl 20 juggs (raised from lvl2 today) and lvl 20 venom. Waited til last hr and played as many matches as I could get in i somehow managed top 5 with that team. Almost feel guilty but boosted every fight just to get by.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    I tried to play this event, but tiny kitty,i feel the 1* are quite boring to play and battles are quite long for my team. (20 some IM40, 20 some Jugg, 40 M.storm)
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Curious to see if those annoyed about damage/healing farmed City stage with lvl5 red m.Storm?

I know Thorned Rose is tempting, but at least for me constant free heals without resorting to Prologue seemed the way to go.
    Thorns > healing.
    Thanks to thorns (BW, Storm, IM) You can:
    1.kill enemies faster
    2.keep them in almost constant stun
    3.put more protecting tiles.

ergo - You loose much less hp. I was able to play for more than 2hrs till my health packs gone.
    plus, 4 wins in the time it takes to win 3 times is a plus. At first I was just doing matches wherever. When I was in the 500s and decided to push and shield I just did a few matches and shielded (had work to do so I couldn't play long)..I boosted on jungle for all of them. Way faster and the damage taken is a good deal less due to getting storm's red off turn one or two.

Also, f yo rainbow. Juggs hitting those green and reds still better. Juggs is a monster in the 1* bracket. 6 red for 1100 damage is unmatched. Sure, you heal every or every other match, but he dominates so fast that he is usually the ONLY one you need to heal (at most 2). Defensively, Juggs v venom to me is no contest. Juggs/IM/Storm 4 lyfe. So glad i don't have to see them anymore lol. And yes, I almost only attacked ppl with bw/storm/x. 5-6k hp vs 7k+ when it comes to 1* is a HUGE difference.

Also, I nere ran out of health packs (I only ever have 5). I just stopped when I ran out of f*cks ...which was quite quickly it seemed lol.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    I had no business playing this event with a im35 max, lvl 20 juggs (raised from lvl2 today) and lvl 20 venom. Waited til last hr and played as many matches as I could get in i somehow managed top 5 with that team. Almost feel guilty but boosted every fight just to get by.
    Ah. boosting. that does explain top 5 with that squad. Did you have to shield? I was running a 40 widow/storm with a 34 Juggs I cobbled together last night~today and the minute i get to 50th+ it was chum city. So i can only imagine a squad of 35 Im/20 Juggs/20 Venom.

As a 1st tourney this was terrible. But now that we know max maxed 1*s determine the competition, the next one will be highly competitive aa everyone will atleast have 3-4 maxed 1 stars.
  • Kantail
    Kantail Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    I found the game through Steam and spent money before I grabbed it for my phone and realized that I couldn't link the accounts.

This was a ton of fun for my phone account I play much less and won't spend on. Took fourth with a 45 IM, Storm I leveled from 40-47 during tourney and Venom I bumped up to 27 during. (PC account is in that 2* hunting for 3* covers bog) Nice to be competitive with that roster even though it was basically the same fight every battle. Really good occasional thing for them to do. For people who don't have a ton of time or haven't decided to spend, this is a good way to let them see how much fun really competing in a bracket can be.
  • I had no business playing this event with a im35 max, lvl 20 juggs (raised from lvl2 today) and lvl 20 venom. Waited til last hr and played as many matches as I could get in i somehow managed top 5 with that team. Almost feel guilty but boosted every fight just to get by.
    Ah. boosting. that does explain top 5 with that squad. Did you have to shield? I was running a 40 widow/storm with a 34 Juggs I cobbled together last night~today and the minute i get to 50th+ it was chum city. So i can only imagine a squad of 35 Im/20 Juggs/20 Venom.

As a 1st tourney this was terrible. But now that we know max maxed 1*s determine the competition, the next one will be highly competitive aa everyone will atleast have 3-4 maxed 1 stars.

This is not thier first 1* tournement.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    I had no business playing this event with a im35 max, lvl 20 juggs (raised from lvl2 today) and lvl 20 venom. Waited til last hr and played as many matches as I could get in i somehow managed top 5 with that team. Almost feel guilty but boosted every fight just to get by.

This is not thier first 1* tournement.

Yeah, this is at least the 3rd one they've run.
  • I shielded up on first chance over 500 (~520), was #5 at the moment and was good enough for top15. With my abandoned team of 50 IM 38 mStorm 20 mBW -- refused to spend even a drop of ISO as that is no improvement on offense. Certainly for defense it's certainly a magnet.

Used up like 11 of the R/Y boosts -- even needed to buy one pack at the end after getting a serious drop just before my target. Not unexpected put just as painful. Got a few wipeuots due to incorrect play, but these * things wake up in mere 5 minutes?

As said earlier it started quite fun but got pretty boring fast, almost zero variability and all the same moves over and over.

no shields. Figured I was such a low value I was not worth a retal.