Lone Star Skirmish

Options

Comments

• I played two rounds of it just to hit the 50 reward mark... but over the tourney I've had 3 successful defences. The only victory is not to play?
  • Kelbris wrote:
    My bracket is speaking to me

LOL that's funny stuff.

I got just over 700 with 4 hours to go and then got a hit a few times. At 624 which should still net me top 5 in my current bracket. Finally getting some psylocke covers to participate in those psylocke only pve events.
  • I'm glad people don't want Psylocke.

Only thing is that 1st and 5th is not separated by much. I don't want IW but I don't want to gamble by not giving myself a big buffer to place in top 5.
  • morgh wrote:
    Guy at my bracket (cyrus1) reshielded at least 4-5 times throughout this tournament icon_e_biggrin.gif some people and how they treat their HP icon_e_smile.gif

It was fun to watch as at one point when he wanted to get a higher lead on others and threw the shield down at 780, he got knocked down to ~590 ;D he managed to scrape himself back into first now but by inches icon_e_smile.gif

Normally I would just shield once after going really far or not shield to get top 15 easy for this. But I was busy all day. Just played a round or two and threw up another shield. Probably could have owned my bracket had I just done work last night and then shielded for 24 hrs. Used only 150 hp so far, but its more than I normally do unless I am shooting for first (still More than normal though). Humorously defenses kept me at a decent score. Yay for no seperation of character? If thus was for yellow wolvie I would be all over this like white on rice. As it is, I am just trying to get top 5. If I get first, so be it.
  • Oh lord, waiting is hell. So few points separating my bracket from not getting all 3 Psylocke covers. Someone keeps trying to make a push, but the masses keep tugging them down. But it just takes 2 quick wins before the tournament ends... D:
  • So Blue Rogue is back. Started my bracket with an hour and a half left in the tourney and he's already up to 800 points. I haven't seen him in awhile and thought he'd been banned for cheating.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I got to 716. It was enough for top 5 this time. I might have been able to push to 750 last night and then shielded for an almost guaranteed number 1, but that would have been boring and taken forever.

It was my first top 5 win, so I'm pretty happy. I ran Iron Man, Juggernaut and Venom, so it was almost pure offense. It was pretty easy to headbutt MW and Storm for the win.
  • lol thanks to bonus +12points from retaliation when I was shielded, I was able to finish #5 with 681pts. guy at #6 is 680pts! You can call me lucky!
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Oh lord, waiting is hell. So few points separating my bracket from not getting all 3 Psylocke covers. Someone keeps trying to make a push, but the masses keep tugging them down. But it just takes 2 quick wins before the tournament ends... D:

I feel bad...I unshielded and played one more and reshielded for the last 2 min to make sure I got top ten. It pushed me into a tie for first but gave me the #1 and the other guy the #2. Swapped back and forth to update at the end. Unless he scored in the last seconds before the game stops taking in scores I won...even though we tied. He has no way to KNOW he tied me, and then send a ticket, though. Of course I miss out on a green iw if he did get it in time...so f em lol.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grats all. I think this is the first tournament in a very long time where I didn't place at least top 15. Couldn't really do much with a level 30 IM35/M. Storm/BW, so I decided to just completely ignore the tournament.
  • Just got my three standard tokens and I got IM35x2 (useless to me) and one pink Moonstone cover that I can use. Pretty underwhelming haul, but I guess the GSW I pulled today needed to be balanced out...
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Oh lord, waiting is hell. So few points separating my bracket from not getting all 3 Psylocke covers. Someone keeps trying to make a push, but the masses keep tugging them down. But it just takes 2 quick wins before the tournament ends... D:

I feel bad...I unshielded and played one more and reshielded for the last 2 min to make sure I got top ten. It pushed me into a tie for first but gave me the #1 and the other guy the #2. Swapped back and forth to update at the end. Unless he scored in the last seconds before the game stops taking in scores I won...even though we tied. He has no way to KNOW he tied me, and then send a ticket, though. Of course I miss out on a green iw if he did get it in time...so f em lol.

I was just swapping back and forth while watching South Park, I was #4 at the end, so I'm golden. Some guy pushed really hard, got to 670-something, shielded again, then someone lost to him. I was debating unshielding to secure my placement, but there was a 50 point gap between myself and 6th with 9 minutes to go, and no way that's happening with 1* heroes without a lot of luck and boosts. Just wanna get my covers, pump Psylocke as high as I can, and go snooze. Felt good with a 45 IM35 / 50 Storm / 40 Widow. I'd rather use Venom instead of Widow but I got what I wanted and kept the 15k ISO it'd take to move Venom up there, so I'm content.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:

How do they break ties?

Congrats, Emeryt!
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Two people attacked me in the last 10 minutes. They both lost. icon_e_biggrin.gif. Now that was a nice way to end a tourney.
  • That was brutal, ran out of health packs and that was the end of this PVP. Got top 45, can't remember the last time I rank this bad, but good enough for a black Psylock's cover.
  • altlover85 wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

How do they break ties?

Congrats, Emeryt!

Last person to get that score gets the higher placement. Player A gets to 500 and is first, then player B gets to 500 after him - player B is now first, and player A is second.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I realised, with about 10 minutes to go, that I don't actually need Wolverine covers and figured it was probably worth trying my luck on the standard tokens. I tried desperately to tank my ranking (I found out you can chain retreats a lot faster than wins icon_razz.gif) but I couldn't find low point matches for the life of me! Ended up with 2 Wolvie covers - the 50 HP will be useful, but I'm sorry to whomever I nudged out of a prize!
  • altlover85 wrote:
    Congrats, Emeryt!
    Thanks icon_e_smile.gif
    With a recent addition of Loki (from Daily Rewards day xx) I finally got all the heroes (34) with 6 roster spaces awaiting the future (I'm looking at You, T'Challa!).
  • Curious to see if those annoyed about damage/healing farmed City stage with lvl5 red m.Storm?

I know Thorned Rose is tempting, but at least for me constant free heals without resorting to Prologue seemed the way to go.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    altlover85 wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

How do they break ties?

Congrats, Emeryt!

Last person to get that score gets the higher placement. Player A gets to 500 and is first, then player B gets to 500 after him - player B is now first, and player A is second.

Yea, and its pretty garbage way to do it too. I did win, so, yay green iw I didn't even want but i guess at least I can still use?

I barely played this event. My score wasn't even in the 700 range. The 3, 3 hr shields I used during the last 3 1/2 hours were totally worth it to get first in the end especially.