Lone Star Skirmish

Options

Comments

• poomermon wrote:
    Well I saved 3 of my one stars just for this occasion. Fear the might of maxed out mstorm/mwidow/venom team.

Seriously I'm hoping they just buff some one star characters and you are forced to pick one for every fight like in that Divine Champions tourney.

And the devs decree ...that YELENA shall be MANDATORY on EVERY TEAM! I would lol.

Yelena is one of the three 1* I still have because I was selling them for iso 8, so she survived with her level 1 status.
  • The correct order is (jungle)

1. Mistress of the Elements (and possible cascade)
    2. +5AP, -100 health (instead of damage that scales as a fixed percentage of health, but whatever)
    3. Lightning Strike (and possible cascade)
    4. Headbutt
    4. Headbutt
    5. Hailstorm
    6. Stun survivor(s)
    7. Repeat Step 1.

But this is called "lone star" so maybe it will just pair our big guns with a specific one-star character in each battle node.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Sweet, I will just use the Respec option to correct my poorly constructed Modern Storm and Iron Man, and then I will...

Well, snit.

Hahaha! I'm in the same boat icon_e_sad.gif.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Lol sold them all because I don't have enough roster slots yet. Shields man. Shields.
  • Nice concept, but ditto on having to see rewards before I decide if I care enough. Also where am I going to get some 1 star characters?

Regular packs? Alternately, if you haven't completely farmed out the prologue to a barren wasteland yet, there's a fair few in there too.
  • I've got everybody still (obsessive collector); I think everyone is either at max or ten levels below max. I may use this as an excuse to finish leveling at least a top 3.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Pichsterz wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    Sweet, I will just use the Respec option to correct my poorly constructed Modern Storm and Iron Man, and then I will...

Well, snit.

Hahaha! I'm in the same boat icon_e_sad.gif.

Haha. Same thing. Iron man is fully covered but level 1. Hawk eye sold for a Classic Magneto slot.

I still have widow and venom in their early 20s.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The only 1* I still have is Modern Black Widow since she was my first maxed out character. Geez that actually felt like quite the accomplishment back then, hard to imagine now...

Let's wait and see how this tourney is actually going to play out, there are tons of possible formats that involve one or many 1*s.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    MMR may work to advantage this time.

I might be lumped in with a bunch of other players that sold their 1 stars!

icon_lol.gif
  • I haven't used a 1* since my 1st im35.
    Highly doubt I start now because I would have to obtain covers / buy roster slots / use precious ISO
    All to get whatever rewards I'm sure won't appeal nearly enough for the cost.

I'll stick to the mags tourney ending tonight and go for black panther instead.
  • Guys, I don't think this is a 1* tournament. I think this will be a 1v1 tournament. The first 1* tournament was called Back to Basics, and this one clearly isn't.
  • I'm gonna cry if Psylocke is the reward, 'cause I think her ability set looks awesome and I only have M. Storm and Widow. icon_e_sad.gif
    I suppose since I avoided all the Jugg covers in the Prologue I could get one of him, but then I'd have to feed him ISO and get him a character slot and everything. :/
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Guys, I don't think this is a 1* tournament. I think this will be a 1v1 tournament. The first 1* tournament was called Back to Basics, and this one clearly isn't.

Only if spider-man gets nerfed before the start of tourney. Even if he is I don't think that kind of tourney would be fun when the game is balanced around 3 characters.
  • starsrift wrote:
    I'm gonna cry if Psylocke is the reward, 'cause I think her ability set looks awesome and I only have M. Storm and Widow. icon_e_sad.gif
    I suppose since I avoided all the Jugg covers in the Prologue I could get one of him, but then I'd have to feed him ISO and get him a character slot and everything. :/
    Odds are she won't be a reward in the PVP event. You'll most likely be able to get a cover of her as a progression reward in pve and there'll be a node in one of the subs that requires her - a reward for those who busted their butts in her release tourney.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Guys, I don't think this is a 1* tournament. I think this will be a 1v1 tournament. The first 1* tournament was called Back to Basics, and this one clearly isn't.

If it's a 1v1 tourney: I choose you mags C!
    If it's a 1v1+ tourney: I choose you Dr. D!
    if it's a 1* tourney that requires more than me acquiring my storm: I'm out.
  • poomermon wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

Only if spider-man gets nerfed before the start of tourney. Even if he is I don't think that kind of tourney would be fun when the game is balanced around 3 characters.

Spiderman is an awful choice for a 1v1 tournament - at least on offense. On defense, he'd be obnoxious enough to avoid fighting.

Better characters that come to mind are Patch and C. Magneto.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    poomermon wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

Spiderman is an awful choice for a 1v1 tournament - at least on offense. On defense, he'd be obnoxious enough to avoid fighting.

Hulk would be a nightmare to fight against 1v1 (on defense of course).
  • Riggy wrote:
    starsrift wrote:
    I'm gonna cry if Psylocke is the reward, 'cause I think her ability set looks awesome and I only have M. Storm and Widow. icon_e_sad.gif
    Odds are she won't be a reward in the PVP event. You'll most likely be able to get a cover of her as a progression reward in pve and there'll be a node in one of the subs that requires her - a reward for those who busted their butts in her release tourney.

The Hulk event suggests otherwise. Punisher became available as a Reward in The Hunt just before the Hulk event kicked off. A few missions required him that I could not complete - until I won him as a reward in a tournament taking place during the first Hulk event. That is no guarantee that they will also offer Psylocke as a tourney reward while Episode 4 goes on, but past precedent exists.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:

That's what I was thinking. Either him or Doom would be the best 1 v 1 character.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    poomermon wrote:
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:

That's what I was thinking earlier, yeah. In a 1v1 scenario, Spiderman, Hulk, and Patch would be the most obnoxious to fight against, whereas C. Mags and Patch would be the best people to use on offense. Guess I know who I'm using that falls into both categories.