Unusable covers for characters at less than 13 covers

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was on page one agreeing with OP...on page 2 I complain about my 1/5/1 Phoenix....from there
    Champion needs 113 covers...it doesn't care which order you get them in. EXCEPT the first thirteen now, for some reason.

I have two Phoenix's rostered.
    I had a 5/0/5 and 2/0/1 SS rostered (finally pulled one red last week)
    I have a 1/5/0 GG rostered...and will roster a 2nd one with my next 5* worthless daily drop.

RNG-only progression is difficult enough. Horribly dilluted character pools without increasing draws makes that even worse.

WHY DO WE STILL HAVE COLORED COVERS.
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I was on page one agreeing with OP...on page 2 I complain about my 1/5/1 Phoenix....from there
    Champion needs 113 covers...it doesn't care which order you get them in. EXCEPT the first thirteen now, for some reason.

I have two Phoenix's rostered.
    I had a 5/0/5 and 2/0/1 SS rostered (finally pulled one red last week)
    I have a 1/5/0 GG rostered...and will roster a 2nd one with my next 5* worthless daily drop.

RNG-only progression is difficult enough. Horribly dilluted character pools without increasing draws makes that even worse.

WHY DO WE STILL HAVE COLORED COVERS.

The answer to your question is pretty obvious.

The only winning move is not to draw. icon_e_wink.gif
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    The current system can really take the wind out of your sails quickly. This feels like a common scenario in my game:
    • Pull a 4* from a Heroic. Yay, I beat the odds! icon_mrgreen.gif
    • See that it's Nova. Awesome, he is a fun character and I would love to level him up! icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    • Then realize it's his black cover and I have him at 2/1/5. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
    • Throw phone and/or make an empty promise to myself that I am going to hoard tokens until something changes.
    It really sucks that a positive outcome can be flipped to negative instantly.

Even if they are still working on a long term fix, I don't understand why the ISO selling prices of 4* and 5* covers have not been increased significantly. That would be very easy to do and at least show the player base that the devs/publisher recognize there's an issue.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa wrote:
    Well, had to sell another green cover for my 5/1/5 X-23, and I've also already sold 2 KK covers because her next champion reward will be a green X-23 cover. I'm not sure how long I'll be wanting to keep KK at level 182 for that, though. A solution would be great!
    I see my statement was incorrect here ; KK yields Thoress covers. But the issue still remains, because my next KK reward will be Thoress blue and my Thoress is... surprise, surprise, 4/2/5. And yes, I sold another KK cover because of this. icon_rolleyes.gif

And guess what just popped up from one of my latest legendary pulls: another green cover for my (still) 5/1/5 X-23. I cri evrytim icon_cry.gif .
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Simple solution for the progression cover pitfall:

For 3* it is fixed which 4* is given, but you can assign the color. Doesn't make all covers colorless which is too strong for us, but gives us some mechanic to build our rosters through this natural growth.

Secondary lock would be that you can't assign the same color twice - allows you to delay the waste cover until hopefully champing or irrelevance.
  • SnowcaTT
    3/3/5 Howard SOOOOOOO frustrated today about yet another Purple "Randomly" today.

WHY IS THIS NOT FIXED YET. COLORLESS NOW!
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    2/0/5 Red Hulk. What's the first 4* progression reward for Team Iron Man in Civil War? Another Purple cover. Worthless.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daily resupply is supposed to be a reward, right?

Well, 2 days ago, I received a yellow Kingpin cover in the resupply. For my 2/0/5 Kingpin. So there's a waste.

Curious as to what the next cover would be I looked it up in the resupply list. Ah, day 775: a yellow cover for 4* Sam Wilson. Yes, my 5/4/2 Sam Wilson is *really* happy for the extra 1000 ISO. icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Please, just let us apply a cover for a max-covered color to a non maxed color for the same character. With sugar on top?
  • SnowcaTT
    Tossed out my daily drop Howard purple since I'm still 3/3/5 and this still hasn't happened.

I note that even those this is "buried" in suggestions, it has NINETY UPVOTES. Hey devs, maybe folks like this idea?
  • Leeroid86
    Leeroid86 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I have a 2/4/5 Ant man
    I have a 2/5/4 Quake
    And also a 5/3/2 X-23

I have pulled 3 yellow Ant man recently. With one sitting at 8 days in my rewards. 3 yellow Quake (one was a reward for top 10 finish in dr strange event I wanted the green more) but the other two fairly recent and 2 x-23 green covers which is terrible odds! And looking at a lot of people on here they have the same colour cover issues for the same characters! Why not rotate generation like the deadpool daily where it does a full cycle of each character then goes back round with the next cover and so on. So each time you pull an Ant man, Quake e.t.c it rotates to the next colour in the cycle you have pulled.

Hope that made sense?
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Yayyy, I finally reached this "first world problems" area, with the 6 yellow cover of a 2/5/2 Cyclops! icon_lol.gif
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I'm literally sitting on 7 unusable 4* covers in my rewards cache. Looking at my cover distribution, I should ​have about a 20% chance of getting an unusable cover, and yet I've gotten seven while getting one 5*.

I hate you for not solving this problem.
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    8 now. Hate hate hate.
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Lampo wrote:
    Yayyy, I finally reached this "first world problems" area, with the 6 yellow cover of a 2/5/2 Cyclops! icon_lol.gif
    Welcome! Settle in. You'll be here a while, but it will be quite comfortable.

We have mirrors on the ceiling; pink champagne on ice.

icon_neutral.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got to 100 upvotes! D3 legally owes me a pony!!!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wondered what that forum rule was about.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Presumably a mod-only perk. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    this would be the ultimate gift to users, which is why they will never implement it as that would mean they'd be getting less money as people won't pull as much from packs, trying to complete those remaining covers
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Inarius wrote:
    this would be the ultimate gift to users, which is why they will never implement it as that would mean they'd be getting less money as people won't pull as much from packs, trying to complete those remaining covers

Actually, people continually being frustrated by such an arbitrary limitation (colours matter for the first 13 out of 113 covers) are more likely to stop spending and even quit than to decide that they should try and throw money at the situation.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Inarius wrote:

It's not that many fewer covers; only 13 out of the 113 you'll eventually need have any color requirement at all, and the first 5 you get don't matter either. So there's really only 8 covers our of 113 where the color really matters.