Unusable covers for characters at less than 13 covers

Options

Comments

• confuseus
    confuseus Posts: 7
    Options
    yup, I can see this has a lot of traction from the community and no support from the devs. This is a fantastic idea, especially since there are so many people that haven't rigged the game to make the 3-4k points per pvp round that will never get "all the covers they ever need" and are still reliant on the game to not screw them over. I'm sitting on 12/13 Thor, have been for 6 months had to sell at least 2 covers in the last month alone. If this isn't up for serious consideration it needs to be.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Asked customer service to switch colors on a 5* cover and got the same **** email back about pull rates but the one paragraph they told me to post something on the forum in the suggestion section....seeing how this topic was started in January and we still don't happen to have a trade/swapping system I just makes me laugh.... I can't figure out How to post a pic of the email so I'll just Copy and paste....

D3 Go! Customer Support (RK) (D3 Go!)
    Jun 15, 10:34 PDT

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee to obtain rare characters or covers when redeeming recruit tokens or purchasing recruit token packs. The drop rates for each Recruit Token can be found by clicking the "?" icon displayed in their respective stores and are broken down for each featured event. Drop rates can be both good or bad, and the rate at which you pull covers has its own probability. While some probabilities may seem low, they can still occur. Please keep in mind that each Token pull made does not affect the outcome of your following pulls. We are sorry to hear that you didn't get the covers that you were hoping for, and we hope that you have better luck in the future, but there is little we can do regarding this issue.

We do not have a service that we offer to players for Comic Cover trading. If you wish for this to be a feature, we highly recommend posting your suggestion on the forums. Suggestions do get looked at by time to time and are a great way to get a backing from other players.

http://d3go.com/forums/

We understand your feelings regarding the drop rates. However, please note that probabilities for a given cover are not a guarantee. Since the outcome you observed is among the many possibilities, we will be unable to take any further action regarding this issue.

Many questions can be answered by visiting our helpful Marvel Puzzle Quest FAQ at: www.d3go.com/mpq-support/

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)
  • ChrisRocksOK
    Options
    image.png

image.png

I guess I should be happy that I've drawn some 5*s after a run without getting any... but somehow 4000iso for this is a little unsatisfying
    icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here's another dedicated and paying player deeply frustrated by this problem who would probably love this solution: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46663
  • TheLDT
    TheLDT Posts: 1
    Options
    That would be like cheating, but i agree.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    confuseus wrote:
    yup, I can see this has a lot of traction from the community and no support from the devs.

Of course it doesn't have support from the devs. It is player friendly, and doesn't force you to dump more and more resources into their RNG hellscape. They want bad draws, because they want you to buy currency and keep drawing. That is exactly why, despite how awesome this would be, I would never expect it to come to pass.
  • Gmafb123
    Gmafb123 Posts: 6
    Options
    Going to add my voice to the crowd for this issue. Have several 4* chars with 5 in one color and 1 to none for the other colors. Have had to sell the covers for practically nothing, which is frustrating considering that getting the 4*s ain't easy for me.

My best solution would be to have the option of paying HP to be able to change a cover from a maxed color another... everybody wins, less frustration for the players and the game collects more cash from the purchase of more HPs for the switch and ISO to level the chars
  • LuciferianX
    LuciferianX Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just posted the same idea in a new thread, so I'm adding my voice to this one. My concept was identical:

* Champion eligible characters who have coverage to 5 in a given ability, or 13, but are not max level, gain a level
    * Or, we can throw the cover out for 250/500/1k ISO.

We all say "1k" because when it happens on a four star it's supremely painful. Legendary draws are in short supply, so when I drew Venom Blast on my 4/2/5 spec Miles Morales, a 1k exchange was a tiny kitty moment. This change has the following effects:

* Keeps us from having to waste covers on 2 stars to get them up to speed; this is ideal considering that my 2 star roster is anemic as all my efforts are in my four stars

* Adds levels to non-championed threes & fours, because honestly, if you get a draw you want on a character you like at the four star level, that's already rare enough and there's no where near enough ISO-8 to max them all out.

* Adds value back to Hero Points (which means more money for D3, which in this case is a good thing) because now 40 cover packs still have the usual 2 star waste (sorry to be blunt, but you know what I see when I get my whatever thousandth Storm cover? Frustration, and 250 ISO) but my 3s are now 100% viable, the DDQ is almost never a waste for me, and above all, my four stars, even if they don't grow quickly, are no longer being wasted if I draw yet another Scott Summers Uncanny Strategist.

* You'll still sell your excess two stars when you've maxed them, or just don't care to apply the ISO-8 to them

* You'll still spend ISO-8 in between covers

* You'll still have to sell them if you actually hit the cap; sometimes that's just how it goes

This is the lowest impact to the meta (I imagine there's a lot of resistance to allowing any cover to go to any power at the Dev level) while still an absolute boon to the player base.

Can I get a +1 and some Dev focus on this?
  • mu7an7
    mu7an7 Posts: 34
    Options
    I haven't done programming since night school about 20 years ago, but it seems to me that this could be solved with a few lines of code and thus will avoid the need the creation of 'duplicates' for characters with less than 13 covers.

If the player would earn Cover.A then
    If total.Covers = 13, then reward Cover.A
    else
    if Cover.A total < 5 then reward Cover.A
    else
    if Cover.B total < 5 then reward Cover.B
    else
    Reward Cover.C
  • LuciferianX
    Options
    It's not a question of whether they can code it.

It's whether they want to.

All they have to do here is want to solve this. Seriously. I just want them to want to.
  • Gmafb123
    Gmafb123 Posts: 6
    Options
    Just received a Purple DP.....for my 5/0/5 DP, 3rd time this has happened this month. Busted my hump to get the LT from DD4* and all it will net me is measly 1000 ISO.
    Not asking for a handout, just want a change made so that the work that's put in will be close to the payoff.
    On this thread alone, there have been several win/win fixes offered, pick one or come up with your own, but do something.
    This is getting old fast.
  • LuciferianX
    Options
    Why haven't we heard from Dave 'Hi-Fi' Moore about this? It's a massive pain point, a clean, non problematic solution has been offered.

If our voice is "being heard" and our posts read, I would like some thoughtful feedback. Not a canned "D3 listens to ..." but an actual reply that says it's a good idea, it's coming, it's absolutely not coming because #reasons, whatever. But at this point, given the years it takes to build a roster (...yeah, years) this warrants a full reply.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thought of this today after pulling my 6th green jean. what if there was a 'cover swap' token you could get in pve/pvp progression. you can stock one of these things. when you use it, it'll let you change the cover colour of any cover in your cue. have it so it takes 100hp and 5cp. that way, the devs still get us using our resources cause you know they don't like giving things away for free.

there's so many solutions.it'd be nice if they did something.

also, a 5 star cover costs 720cp. 4 star, 120. if/when you sell them, you should get some cp back. hp as well.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    just pulled green jean #7. she'd be fully covered now if i could switch covers.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Although I have some sympathy as I have had a couple of rare moments of two 4*'s with a maxed colour receiving a sixth. Right now I'm still trying to champion half my 3*s, a couple of months ago I decided to save my LT's and CP's after maxing out Ant-Man. If people are calling out for this then it should be for covers on all levels, I was fine waiting a full year for my twelfth 3* Cyclops cover and the thirteenth six months later. I've lost count on all the Moonstone, 2* Hawkeye, etc covers I got which are definitely in triple figures. You drew a 6th cover of a character's colour and it draws complaints? I'm going to draw a line with my experiences as bad luck, the amount of 3* covers I had to sell to max just one I already labelled as justifiable to the cause. A sixth 4* cover? I'm going to sift through this forum until I find people complaining about recieving a sxth 3* cover and wanting special needs for it!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Although I have some sympathy as I have had a couple of rare moments of two 4*'s with a maxed colour receiving a sixth. Right now I'm still trying to champion half my 3*s, a couple of months ago I decided to save my LT's and CP's after maxing out Ant-Man. If people are calling out for this then it should be for covers on all levels, I was fine waiting a full year for my twelfth 3* Cyclops cover and the thirteenth six months later. I've lost count on all the Moonstone, 2* Hawkeye, etc covers I got which are definitely in triple figures. You drew a 6th cover of a character's colour and it draws complaints? I'm going to draw a line with my experiences as bad luck, the amount of 3* covers I had to sell to max just one I already labelled as justifiable to the cause. A sixth 4* cover? I'm going to sift through this forum until I find people complaining about recieving a sxth 3* cover and wanting special needs for it!

Most people would be happy to see this happen at all levels, but you could easily earn the cp for that 13th cover for a 3* in less than a week already, whereas 4* and particularly 5* covers are far rarer and thus the system is far more necessary at that level than 3* and below.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Crowl wrote:

Most people would be happy to see this happen at all levels, but you could easily earn the cp for that 13th cover for a 3* in less than a week already, whereas 4* and particularly 5* covers are far rarer and thus the system is far more necessary at that level than 3* and below.

"I'd happily draw a common card I already owned but I'd be pissed if it was a rare card I already owned." Twenty years ago when I opened a pack of stickers for my album and got a rare card I already owned do you know what I did? Not be a **** about it.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Crowl wrote:

"I'd happily draw a common card I already owned but I'd be pissed if it was a rare card I already owned." Twenty years ago when I opened a pack of stickers for my album and got a rare card I already owned do you know what I did? Not be a **** about it.
    Come back when your OML is 5/5/2 and you draw your 8th yellow.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Come back when your OML is 5/5/2 and you draw your 8th yellow.

And here you are complaining about drawing yellow when my OML is sitting at 5/1/5 after drawing my 10th black and 6th red
    This game is the tinykitty-ing worst

I'm pretty sure the reason we're complaining about it is due to the random-ness of it all. Yes, compare away to your pack of stickers/cards, but you know what you could do? Find someone who had the card you want and TRADE it.

Hey, maybe we could do it here? Nope, can't do that either. No trading, random draws with poor rates, extremely random-based progression. Yup, this seems a lot like your pack of stickers.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulkbuster, my highest covered 4* at 5/2/5. 3 out of my last 4 token draws are HB red and blue. So much sadface icon_e_sad.gif

I am not consoled by the extra 3000 iso