Unusable covers for characters at less than 13 covers

Options

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 2/5/0 Ghost Rider, 5/1/4 X-23, and 2/5/2 Nick Fury are all glaring at these unusable covers I got queued for them. I'm glaring with them icon_evil.gif.
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    DeNappa wrote:
    My 2/5/0 Ghost Rider, 5/1/4 X-23, and 2/5/2 Nick Fury are all glaring at these unusable covers I got queued for them. I'm glaring with them icon_evil.gif.

My almost-entirely-useless 0/1/5 Quake (with an extra blue lurking in my queue) was especially irritating during today's Deadpool thing. With at least a single cover of green, I might have been able to complete it.

But yeah, considering how long this has been an issue and how much nothing has been done about it, I'm not expecting any fixes. Ever. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ruyen wrote:
    Forum admins:
    For some reason I can't give the OP a thumbs-up, so I'll just have to do it to all the posts below it.
    Yeah, there's a weird bug that prevents some players from adding rep to certain posts while others can. I'm pretty sure gnomes are involved. Angry, drunk gnomes.
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Yet another unusable blueflag.png Quake. If I even had 1 greenflag.png I could at least consider dumping commandpoints.png to cap her out, but instead... well I guess it's 2000 iso8.png I didn't have before.

And a useless greenflag.png lady Wolverine coming up in the daily reward...

icon_evil.gif
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    smkspy wrote:
    Sees thread post date.

Sees today's date.

Yeah, they're never going to fix this issue.

Indeed this has been around for a year!
    And I am willing to bet there would be older ones!
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Adding to the pile of frustration that seems will never end. Pulled my 8th Yellow 4* Cyke today. Exactly a week since I pulled my 7th. ANY other color I can use BUT this one. I could have finished covering, champed or thrown a cover to respecing him if they had been ANYTHING other than yellow.

I dread opening LTs now and I only have 7 possible covers I can pull that will be useless. And yet...
  • Dekliko1978
    Options
    Skrofa wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    Sees thread post date.

Sees today's date.

Yeah, they're never going to fix this issue.

Indeed this has been around for a year!
    And I am willing to bet there would be older ones!

Don't worry they said they are 'listening'. All will be well..........

With adding more characters each few weeks this problem will only grow, because the chances of getting a particular cover are diminishing. After having to sell 6 unusable 5* BSS covers I have changed plans, I’m now hoarding all LT’s and CP until I have all my 4* maxed (34 maxed so far) and by that time I hope the Latest 5* pool contains 3 decent 5* so I can at least get CS to swap the covers.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is by far the biggest issue with the game. Doubt we will get any form of fix anytime soon
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just won my 7th SS blue! Non-championed, so I'm tossing it. Kind of a disappointment.

If we allowed dupes to change colors, I'd have him at 13 covers and ready to champion. But instead, he's at 11 covers and will probably never draw the Reds he needs, as there are less than 1% odds of doing that in the current classic LTs.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Just won my 7th SS blue! Non-championed, so I'm tossing it. Kind of a disappointment.

If we allowed dupes to change colors, I'd have him at 13 covers and ready to champion. But instead, he's at 11 covers and will probably never draw the Reds he needs, as there are less than 1% odds of doing that in the current classic LTs.

Current lts are given all the priority. 5% chance per character pull rate plus if you get a dupe cover of a color at 5 they will switch it for any color you ask.

Yet with the insanely low pull rates per character in the classics you aren't allowed a switch
  • ChrisRocksOK
    Options
    This has been becoming more and more of a problem. I have not had a 5* pull that has really progressed my lineup for 5 seasons or something now. Something has to change or I'll just quit again
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nearly a year removed from the OP and what's changed?

NOTHING!
    Not very reassuring moving forward
  • ChrisRocksOK
    Options
    They read, and ignore. What a joke. 0.56% chance of getting a particular cover for a hero you actually want... And then you can't swap it. And the situation is getting WORSE now there are so many characters.

It might have been fine when there were 5 characters to collect... but now? We need a new system. And soon.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    During the Cho's Inferno re-run, it seemed they wanted to experiment with a color-less cover, but then the reward broke. So I get the feeling this hasn't gone completely ignored, but is probably so far down the priority list that who knows if we'll ever see it addressed.
  • ChrisRocksOK
    Options
    A Color-less cover would be a good start.

Better yet would be giving us another way to collect the now 1.6% CP only classic 5*s. Almost pointless trying to do anything in the late game but whale the latest 5*s at this stage.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've decided to just roster duplicate 4/5*, since the 1,000 Iso-8 doesn't compare in value to the cover.

Unfortunately, after 3 months, that means I have 23 duplicate characters / 41 duplicate covers, which equates to 23,000 HP spent & 42,000 Iso-8 missed...
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Reading the latest interview, I suspect they are on the verge of a fix for this.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How awesome would it be if they had that in the works icon_e_smile.gif

And how even more awesome would it be if I could release the 41 dupes into my queue to reassign them to the leveled characters icon_e_biggrin.gif (not expecting that'll happen though, but a man can dream icon_e_wink.gif).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reading the latest interview, I suspect they are on the verge of a fix for this.

Sadly, if this is what they were hinting at, I really doubt whatever they have in mind will come anywhere close to what many think it "should" be. Managing my own expectations, I fully expect to see some "compromise" that will be made in exchange for easier access to the cover colors that we want. (I could be wrong. I'd really like to be.)

I do agree that the value of a cover and the value of what color that cover is has changed dramatically since the release of the championing feature, so that now color matters only the first 13 covers out of the 63/113 total that you'll need, but have the greatest impact on how you can actually progress with the character. (I'm sure that's been rehashed in this thread and others many, many times but whatever). I'm personally hopeful that they're well aware of this and are taking their time so as to release a complete solution in one go that addresses this value shift for the game going forward and not just over-bandaging the bad experiences that have happened in the past year (not to minimize those experiences in any way, I have them myself).

That said, I am content to wait patiently for this solution, as I can see that despite the frustrating pulls, I am still, on average, making progress in my roster. I totally get that for players in other stages of the game, average progress of 1 usable 5 star.png cover per month (or whatever) would not be very satisfying, to put it mildly.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, had to sell another green cover for my 5/1/5 X-23, and I've also already sold 2 KK covers because her next champion reward will be a green X-23 cover. I'm not sure how long I'll be wanting to keep KK at level 182 for that, though. A solution would be great!