Well that pretty much sums it up....
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    anigif_original-32100-1404487122-26.gif
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why even mention it if it's not out with the update? And why are we waiting to turn it on? Something people are actually happy about, get after it already!
  • Well.

At least passives work on the last wave of survival nodes now.

Thank you, Contract Killer. A board full of strikes is so, so, beautiful.
  • DC1972
    DC1972 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I think this championing system still does not adequately address the overall problem with the RNG system. Sure, if I happen to get a duplicate cover of a character that is already maxed then championing may be slightly useful (how much is an extra level or two on a four star really going to make) but if not maxed then it is an ISO spend to max the character just so you can champion the character. 3* soft cap at 120? Gonna cost you a lot to get to 166.

But what happens when I pull that 10th useless IW yellow cover when I still have so many other missing covers It's still going wasted since I am not maxing her out to champion her. Also no change on leveling the playing field on 5* draws. Progression is based on luck and not level and amount of play. Is this really what the player base wanted? Not me.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So the patch is live on Steam, iOS and Android, but the feature isn't available yet.
    I think that it will start at the same time for all platforms.
    Since I checked this morning (8:00 European Eastern Time) and the feature wasn't live, my bet is that it will be available when the new day starts, along with the new Deadpool Daily and everything else (that means around 14:00 EET or 7:00 EST).

...so 3:32h to go (a lot more for me, since I'm not going to be able to play until the evening).

Good luck! and let the Championing begin icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    At least we now have a loading screen with flaminng Ghost Rider and... Cho icon_e_wink.gif
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really hope the championing feature gets unlocked soon. I want to start working on my new combinations ASAP.

Can anyone from D3 confirm when the feature will hit? Or should this rather be Will anyone confirm?
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    I really hope the championing feature gets unlocked soon. I want to start working on my new combinations ASAP.

Can anyone from D3 confirm when the feature will hit? Or should this rather be Will anyone confirm?

The new gaming day should have started 5 minutes ago. Isn't it live?
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:

nope. Devs will anounce on forums when feature is live.
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    Lukoil wrote:
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:

nope

icon_e_sad.gif That sucks. I thought the starting hour of the new gaming day would be a perfect start for the new feature...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I fully expect an in-game announcement when it goes live, otherwise many casual players will completed miss this new feature.
  • Machinasp
    Machinasp Posts: 123
    Options
    i wouldnt be surprise they only start it after the pvp season end
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Machinasp wrote:
    i wouldnt be surprise they only start it after the pvp season end
    Oh, no! I hope a sooner release in the next days... (please! please! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif )
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I fully expect an in-game announcement when it goes live, otherwise many casual players will completed miss this new feature.

100% there will be an in game message. Every time I load the game I hope for a new pop up but it just isn't there icon_razz.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    (1) “At that time the [forums] will be like ten virgins who took their [rosters] and went out to meet the [R91 update]. (2) Five of the virgins were foolish, and five were wise. (3) When the foolish ones took their [rosters], they did not take extra [tokens and iso] with them. (4) But the wise ones took [hoarded tokens and iso] with their [rosters]. (5) When the [championing feature] was delayed a long time, they all became drowsy and fell asleep. (6) But at midnight there was a shout, ‘Look, the [update] is here! Come out to [install it].’ (7) Then all the virgins woke up and [checked] their [rosters and queues]. (8) The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your [tokens and iso], because our [rosters] are [not maxed].’ (9) ‘No,’ they replied. ‘There won’t be enough for you and for us. Go instead to those who sell [iso and tokens] and buy some for yourselves.’ (10) But while they had gone to buy it, the [update] arrived, and those who were ready went inside with him to the [championing feature]. Then the door was shut. (11) Later, the other virgins came too, saying, ‘Lord, lord! Let us [champion]!’ (12) But he replied, ‘I tell you the truth, I do not know you!’ (13) Therefore stay alert, because you do not know the day or the hour” (Matthew 25:1-13).

Stay ever vigilant... for we know not when it will arrive.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    <great word play stuff snipped> Stay ever vigilant... for we know not when it will arrive.
    fixed that - and that's pretty good stuff icon_lol.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It somewhat boggles my mind that arguably the biggest feature the game has rolled out in the last 2 years.....and they are playing the release date by ear.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i guess it all remains to be seen, but this doesn't quite seem to reach the affect on the game that ddq did. ddq was/is/will be the single best player-friendly addition to the game that I've seen in my 405 days.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't think the app store let developers submit apps that hype features that aren't actually in the product.