Patch Notes - R91 (01/05/16)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
R91 Patch Notes

Out of the blue and into the black.

What's new...
- Coming Soon: Champion Levels game mechanic breathes life into old & new favorites!
- Versus warfare with Dr. Doom!
- Dark Avengers PvE!

What's better...
- Passive abilities will once again fire consistently during Wave missions.
- "You Won!" Post Battle Results screen no longer sometimes displays 0 instead of the player’s overall score.
- S.H.I.E.L.D. logo no longer appears flipped on the Vault door.
- If Jean Grey (Phoenix) is invisible when downed, she will now remain invisible after being resurrected.
- Alliance button should now always be visible.
- Victory Banner sound effect no longer plays when Sound Effects are turned off in Options.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

What's new...
    - Dark Avengers PvE!

1869970-xtroll.jpg
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ooooo. Out of blue into black. Considering the Spider-Man themed releases lately, maybe black suit or symbiote Spider-Man? I mean his costume is red and blue regularly, but the saying out of the blue is easier to use without giving too much away by including red.
  • Orangecrush
    Options
    I'm anxious to here about this new game mechanic.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]What's new...
    - An all-new game mechanic breathes life into old favorites!

Now that it's in the patch notes, is there any additional information that you can provide? If not, is it due to an exclusivity agreement with another website? Blink twice for yes.

P.S. You're at 999 posts. This is your chance to make post 1000 something special.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Will the passive/survival bugfix fix Daredevils trap and other related non passive ability bugs related to wave transition?

Also, the bugfix description should not refer to final wave: bugfix is fixing non-final waves and it should not reenable passives on the final wave
  • udonomefoo wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

What's new...
    - Dark Avengers PvE!

1869970-xtroll.jpg

I was having a super **** day but this meme made it so much better for me lol.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    turul wrote:
    the bugfix description should not refer to final wave: bugfix is fixing non-final waves and it should not reenable passives on the final wave

Thanks, turul. Changed for clarity to: - "Passive abilities will once again fire consistently during Wave missions."
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Into the black, eh? Looks like a very Spidey holiday season.
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    David,

Would you kindly let us know if the character hint above us referring to the 4* Venom, or if this is the character to be released after Venom?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't believe it is for (this version of?) Venom. His release event starts in 15 hours and will be wrapped starting on Monday EST. That almost certainly will pre-date R91, and their hints tend to be for further out characters.
  • ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Tell Ma I ain't comin' back...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The suspense is killing me!! What is this new feature? I have been saving all my tokens for weeks now. Which is fine because all my important characters are already leveled up, so I don't need much ISO currently. But let us know what's going on!!! icon_e_geek.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    is the new feature not able to be applied to "new favorites"? kind of implied and if so, that would stink.
  • zeeke
    zeeke Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ETA?

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The first thing that comes to mind when I'm thinking of 'out of the blue, into the black' is when Captain America temporarily became The Captain and donned the suit that would later become USAgent's.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty sure that means Venon. He's just a bit early from that perspective.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Out of the blue and into the black.

Ah geez, I'm legitimately guessing here:

The idiom "Out of the blue" is the same as "a bolt from the blue" (both mean something surprising or unexpected), so the clue could be "bolt" and "black" - which gives us Black Bolt.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    zonatahunt wrote:
    David,

Would you kindly let us know if the character hint above us referring to the 4* Venom, or if this is the character to be released after Venom?

The tease is not for 4-Star Venom. icon_e_wink.gif
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    Now that it's in the patch notes, is there any additional information that you can provide? If not, is it due to an exclusivity agreement with another website? Blink twice for yes.

Sorry, still can't provide additional info yet, but things are looking good for R91. More details on the way soon.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    ejmus wrote:
    Tell Ma I ain't comin' back...

You're stuck in the toilet (while grinding pve). icon_mrgreen.gif