Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Out of the blue and into the black.

Possibly King Namor?

Out of the blue.. the water?
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Options
    If it's USAgent, we riot! Only other character that pops to mind for me is Dark Beast. But he isn't exactly a well known character. Think Mawtful has it with Black Bolt. New Inhumans series just dropped so timing is right.
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm guessing it's Night Crawler.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Out of the blue and into the black

Here's what I hope the hint is referring to:

YOn0aOa.jpg

It's a way to redeem yourself for the terrible Mr Fantastic icon_e_wink.gif
  • binarypillbug
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]- An all-new game mechanic breathes life into old favorites!

finally, bagman's getting a buff
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    commandpoints.png
    Mawtful wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Out of the blue and into the black.

Ah geez, I'm legitimately guessing here:

The idiom "Out of the blue" is the same as "a bolt from the blue" (both mean something surprising or unexpected), so the clue could be "bolt" and "black" - which gives us Black Bolt.

Just from the teaser along it does seems like its Black Bolt. That will be very exciting for me. King of Inhumans! Does that mean more Inhumans coming up?
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    "David wrote:

The idiom "Out of the blue" is the same as "a bolt from the blue" (both mean something surprising or unexpected), so the clue could be "bolt" and "black" - which gives us Black Bolt.

Pretty sure you nailed it, also the Neil Young song "Out of the blue" has the following lyric

Out of the blue
    and into the black
    They give you this,
    but you pay for that
    And once you're gone,
    you can never come back
    When you're out of the blue
    and into the black.

The king is gone
    but he's not forgotten
    This is the story
    of a Johnny Rotten
    It's better to burn out
    than it is to rust
    The king is gone
    but he's not forgotten.

King Black Bolt of the Inhumans
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    just out of curiosity... is the fact that my post was deleted a silent confirmation that I was right about the new feature?
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Ooooo. Out of blue into black. Considering the Spider-Man themed releases lately, maybe black suit or symbiote Spider-Man? I mean his costume is red and blue regularly, but the saying out of the blue is easier to use without giving too much away by including red.

Please be this, please be this.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Now that it's in the patch notes, is there any additional information that you can provide? If not, is it due to an exclusivity agreement with another website? Blink twice for yes.

Sorry, still can't provide additional info yet, but things are looking good for R91. More details on the way soon.
    Can you please define soon? Soon to players and soon to Dev's is sometimes weeks and months apart.
  • thetimelord
    thetimelord Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2015
    Options
    AdamMagus wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    "David wrote:

Pretty sure you nailed it, also the Neil Young song "Out of the blue" has the following lyric

Out of the blue
    and into the black
    They give you this,
    but you pay for that
    And once you're gone,
    you can never come back
    When you're out of the blue
    and into the black.

The king is gone
    but he's not forgotten
    This is the story
    of a Johnny Rotten
    It's better to burn out
    than it is to rust
    The king is gone
    but he's not forgotten.

King Black Bolt of the Inhumans

This seems to be very likely, but in one of the podcast interviews with IceIX he said that they are adding a few more VILLIANS into the game after Amadeus Cho, and with that information, I think it has to be Ultimates Reed Richards a.k.a. The Maker. Although, at first I thought it could have been Blue Marvel.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think the guess on Spider-Man is probably a stretch, especially given the two recent Spidey releases already - I don't know if they'd run the gambit of complaints (kinda like we used to get when all we got were X-Men; nothing too heated, but still). That being said Symboite/Black Suit Spider-Man would be epic.

I'm not too familiar with FF to have much of an opinion on Reed, but I think Ultimate Richards is as good of a guess as Spider-Man, and I think it'd be pretty popular overall.

Black Bolt is probably the stretchiest of all all, but probably the most interesting to me, because that would seemingly open to door to more Inhumans in the future.

My guess, however, is going to be Skye from Agents of SHIELD. I'll avoid the spoilers as to why I think this, but yeah, this one is totally a stretch too. Even stretchier than the other three. icon_lol.gif
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Now that it's in the patch notes, is there any additional information that you can provide? If not, is it due to an exclusivity agreement with another website? Blink twice for yes.

Sorry, still can't provide additional info yet, but things are looking good for R91. More details on the way soon.

Got it.

3ac66cdb-8b15-4d4b-8649-8261511c90db_zpscpqey1be.png
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are they possibly teasing a new 5*? I feel like Black Bolt is beyond 4*.

I also really like the Namor guess. It would be cool to see him make it into the game.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm leaning on the side of a Black Suited Spidey as he has donned the black suit multiple times over the years. Failing that then Blackbolt seems very likely.

Although if they continue with the Spidey theme there are a lot more iconic villains that can still be released such as Goblin plus variants there in, Sandman, Rhino, Vulture and that's just to name a few of the iconic ones.

But I'm most excited about the new features and PVE....

Hope this isn't too far off especially if it changes a lot of the older characters.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope it is black bolt, but I don't see why this blue and black, they leave in the blue sea of the moon and his suit is black but that's it. I think he will be a 5 when he is released. I guess it makes more sense to be Spidey, but if he really is black suit Spidey that is A LOT of spidey related chars lately.

It is VERY surprising that we still don't have any inhuman in the game considering the big push Marvel is doing with inhumans in general.

And please give details of the new feature NOW, not ASAP, do it just NOW. I really don't see any reason why you should keep the secret when it is already announced in the R91...
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It seems many characters with blue suits have used black suits later. As people already gave some good options, I will go with X-Force Psylocke, as we have Wolverine and Deadpool.
    That, or Black Lantern Blue Beetle.
    4dcce6e995cdfff09db4ff93c5764967.jpg
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    I hope it is black bolt, but I don't see why this blue and black, they leave in the blue sea of the moon and his suit is black but that's it. I think he will be a 5 when he is released. I guess it makes more sense to be Spidey, but if he really is black suit Spidey that is A LOT of spidey related chars lately.

It is VERY surprising that we still don't have any inhuman in the game considering the big push Marvel is doing with inhumans in general.

And please give details of the new feature NOW, not ASAP, do it just NOW. I really don't see any reason why you should keep the secret when it is already announced in the R91...

It's probably somewhat game changing to the use of the current economy items and by informing people of the details now players may change their purchasing habits until the patch hits.

Imagine it's something like being able to boost one character to the max level of 5* characters with hero points. There is currently a 30% sale on and people could go nuts now on ISO and points so they have a level 450 character as soon as the patch hits. (I know it won't be something as crazy as that but it was to make the point).

Some people already hoard their HP, CP and ISO but if you suddenly knew that in two weeks you are going to need a bunch to play the new feature in a new way, would you still spend the next couple of weeks upgrading your roster, buying legendary packs etc?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Polares wrote:

It's probably somewhat game changing to the use of the current economy items and by informing people of the details now players may change their purchasing habits until the patch hits.

Imagine it's something like being able to boost one character to the max level of 5* characters with hero points. There is currently a 30% sale on and people could go nuts now on ISO and points so they have a level 450 character as soon as the patch hits. (I know it won't be something as crazy as that but it was to make the point).

Some people already hoard their HP, CP and ISO but if you suddenly knew that in two weeks you are going to need a bunch to play the new feature in a new way, would you still spend the next couple of weeks upgrading your roster, buying legendary packs etc?

Yeah I get that you can't advance things too much, business is business, but R91 will be out in a week or two! It is not like you are talking about something coming in two months that can hurt you in any way! It is the same thing than talking about new releases a week before they are actually released.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Aren't the patches always a specific amount of time apart?

When did the most recent one hit?

Then we can calculate when 91 will hit.........right?