Patch Notes - R91 (01/05/16)

Options

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't want to sell the 6 Luke Cage covers that are going to expire in 3 days.

I don't waannnaaa.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At this point implementation doesn't seem likely until the off season. That said, a little advanced info would go a long way
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    But there's also always Spider-Woman. Heck, there are, what, three of them in the mainstream Marvel Universe and two more prominant ones from other universes? Jessica Drew (the "raised by the High Evolutionary" Spider Woman,) then Julia Carpenter (Spider-Woman from when I collected comics - she inspired Spider-Man's black costume in fact,) then some other one from past my time.

Then from alternate universes, we have another Jessica Drew (a clone of the Ultimate universe's Peter Parker,) and Gwen Stacey (from a universe where she was bit by the spider instead of Peter. In the "Paralell universe thing" she failed to save Peter Parker's life...) I know part of the recent Secret Wars thing was to condense the Marvel Universe, did they import either of those two? I know "Spider Gwen" was popular enough to get her own comic title...
    She went by Spider-Girl, not Spider-Woman (until very recently, anyway), but you can't forget May "Mayday" Parker as a female Spidey from an alternate universe. She was Marvel's longest-running female lead character at one point. Not that the current Marvel leadership gives much of a damn about her.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    But there's also always Spider-Woman. Heck, there are, what, three of them in the mainstream Marvel Universe and two more prominant ones from other universes? Jessica Drew (the "raised by the High Evolutionary" Spider Woman,) then Julia Carpenter (Spider-Woman from when I collected comics - she inspired Spider-Man's black costume in fact,) then some other one from past my time.

Then from alternate universes, we have another Jessica Drew (a clone of the Ultimate universe's Peter Parker,) and Gwen Stacey (from a universe where she was bit by the spider instead of Peter. In the "Paralell universe thing" she failed to save Peter Parker's life...) I know part of the recent Secret Wars thing was to condense the Marvel Universe, did they import either of those two? I know "Spider Gwen" was popular enough to get her own comic title...
    She went by Spider-Girl, not Spider-Woman (until very recently, anyway), but you can't forget May "Mayday" Parker as a female Spidey from an alternate universe. She was Marvel's longest-running female lead character at one point. Not that the current Marvel leadership gives much of a damn about her.

Also Mattie Franklin who donned a spider girl persona during Howard mackies run writing the comic
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Also Mattie Franklin who donned a spider girl persona during Howard mackies run writing the comic

Poor Mattie... Girl went through huge amounts of abuse at the hands of various villains, before finally getting murdered to service someone else's storyline.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Y'all realize they're gonna pay-gate this feature, right? Probably going to be very high cost too. My guess is 10-15 CP or 500 HP or 50,000 ISO for 3*s and double that for 4*s. We're all sitting on hoards of tokens and que covers (myself included) and when it's released, we're realistically only going to be able to apply it to a small handful of characters before our resources are depleted. Because you know...it's fun to have to pick and choose which characters to keep, and fun to throw away the rest. icon_twisted.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    I never even thought about v having to possibly pay for an option. I guess that was very naive of me. I figured we would just apply extra covers or tokens in sacrifice of some additional perks or something. Wow. Do you really think they would make us apply the covers and tokens AND on top of that resources like ISO and HP?
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I never even thought about v having to possibly pay for an option. I guess that was very naive of me. I figured we would just apply extra covers or tokens in sacrifice of some additional perks or something. Wow. Do you really think they would make us apply the covers and tokens AND on top of that resources like ISO and HP?

Absolutely. What evidence have they shown that they wouldn't? 5*s, and more importantly, the money people have dropped chasing them, has proven that there are people to whom money is no object. This is another opportunity for them to make bank, of course they're going to take it.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:

On what previous evidence made you think this would not cost? Features will only ever be added that will increase revenue, this isn't some benevolent company and cavier at the bi-quarterly company retreat at Aspen does not come cheap. Executives are starving and a pound of fois gras doesn't seem to go as far as it used to. You really want them to slum it and revert back to fillet steak?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    lmfao. A mess.

I guess cuz the "reinvigorating old characters" line could have been relayed more along the lines of "use currency to upgrade them". That woulda been more transparent.

Guess I have too much faith in humanity.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Features will only ever be added that will increase revenue...
    You can increase revenue by attracting new players and preventing existing customers from leaving, too.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You can increase revenue by attracting new players and preventing existing customers from leaving, too.
    So young... So naive...

While that may be true, that's not the status quo around here
  • Linkster79
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Features will only ever be added that will increase revenue...

164956-game-of-thrones-oh-my-sweet-su-N60y.jpeg
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Y'all realize they're gonna pay-gate this feature, right? Probably going to be very high cost too. My guess is 10-15 CP or 500 HP or 50,000 ISO for 3*s and double that for 4*s. We're all sitting on hoards of tokens and que covers (myself included) and when it's released, we're realistically only going to be able to apply it to a small handful of characters before our resources are depleted. Because you know...it's fun to have to pick and choose which characters to keep, and fun to throw away the rest. icon_twisted.gif

I was actually expecting a cost to this, though my fears are even higher. Hopefully that won't be the case, but I would expect something like this to convert a character to a champion. Either that or a limit to how many you can make, which would suck worse, I think.

The thing is, if we don't sit on it we won't be able to "champion" the characters we can afford to. I was always going into this with the assumption that I will convert 3-5 3*s to a Champion and 1 or 2 4*s (eventually.) I was just hoping to get ones like, say, Magneto, Luke Cage, Iron First, or Scarlet Witch...
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is there an ETA on this patch? Would like to know how long I should be holding onto my tokens.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tryke wrote:
    Is there an ETA on this patch? Would like to know how long I should be holding onto my tokens.

I suspect strongly that the patch will come through Tuesday or Wednesday - if they're going to introduce the new character the following weekend (which probably will be the case,) they need to put the patch through before that happens, so that's when they'll do it. I'll add a caveat, though, we're all assuming this:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - An all-new game mechanic breathes life into old favorites!

Means the "Champion" system that we've heard a bit about. It is possible that it isn't, and we may have to wait a few more weeks until that is implemented.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This thread is now rampant with speculation. Someone just speculated that the feature will be pay-gated and now it's almost taken as word of God. Devs need to /at least/ drop an update or announcement on this asap. Does anyone know how many hours from now will be Monday 9 AM in Massachusetts?
  • Rob13
    Rob13 Posts: 41
    Options
    4.5 hours from now pylgrim
  • Linkster79
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    This thread is now rampant with speculation. Someone just speculated that the feature will be pay-gated and now it's almost taken as word of God. Devs need to /at least/ drop an update or announcement on this asap. Does anyone know how many hours from now will be Monday 9 AM in Massachusetts?

Really need to wait until 1pm. They need to get to the office, coffee, cigarette, chat about the holidays for a while, conduct a meeting, coffee, cigarette, catch up on e-mail/cheezburger/Facebook, lunch then do some work.

Office work isn't like manual/real work where things can always be delayed by some pointless uneeded meeting.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tryke wrote:
    Is there an ETA on this patch?
    Nothing official. I'm hoping it will hit today.