Patch Notes - R91 (01/05/16)

Options

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Plus the game can clearly handle opponents with levels outside normal bounds - PvE has 4* enemies under level 70 and 1* enemies way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above 50, after all.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Saw update, got excited. Clicked on who I wanted to champion. Got disapointed. Sigh, my fault for not thinking logically but, sighh.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    The update is available on iOS now.
  • rawl316
    rawl316 Posts: 114
    Options
    The description says an all new game mechanic. I don't see one in the game.
  • Boommike wrote:
    There are some more really exciting UI changes to Steam again. Some color changes to the character screens.

That's..... something.

"UI changes, huh? That sure would be cool." -Every mobile user

...Oh wait. You said color changes. So nothing about functionality. Maybe nevermind then

On steam the taco vault has the exact same size as the taco vault on mobile. So it takes up ~15% of your screen and you have to scroll a lot within that tiny window, lol.

by the way, 104 mb for .... a new color ...?
  • MrMadeULook
    Options
    I was so excited when I saw the update in the App Store. Championing isn't live yet, so disappointed. Now I guess I'll wait for a dev response about why the main feature of this patch isn't live yet. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Champion system not implemented yet after patching?? icon_e_sad.gificon_mad.gif
    srsly.jpg
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The update isn't live on Android yet... The devs are potentially doing something correctly this time. Meaning they might be waiting for the update to be available to all platforms before they push a minor patch turning on the new features.

That said, those jokers using Android got the awesome $5 sale, so maybe they should have to face championed characters at the end of a PVP with their normal ones.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D3, on behalf of the player base I'd like to thank you for shifting the LR preview screens from the left side of the PvP versus screen to the far right.

I realize the forums have hounded you over this quality of life change for years but I truly feel those hundreds of threads have finally paid off.
  • still on the left side for me on steam.
    picture scaled down to 1200 pixels width due to forum limitations >.<
    But look at all the empty space, why cant they make the taco vault wider?
    62A3VIv.png
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I work in games, and we do the same thing with our clients. It's just way easier to build to the target aspect ratio and then have the buffer on the sides. In some cases you can anchor stuff to specific parts of the screen so that those elements are always anchored no matter the size. This doesn't seem like a candidate for that kind of setup. You can definitely dramatically alter the layout to be ideal on other devices, but it takes effort. At the end of the day, you have to decide if you want something functional and easy to maintain or if you want branching layouts on scenes. Making games is all about tradeoffs. Not adjusting something functional usually means you get to work on something else that's more important. It's a bummer sometimes, but that's the way it goes unfortunately.
    Frasaria wrote:
    still on the left side for me on steam.
    picture scaled down to 1200 pixels width due to forum limitations >.<
    But look at all the empty space, why cant they make the taco vault wider?
    62A3VIv.png
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Update is now live on Android, but it looks like they still have to patch through the "championing" feature
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The title of the thread was updated, but not the content.

*taps foot*
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vinnygecko wrote:
    Update is now live on Android, but it looks like they still have to patch through the "championing" feature

Hopefully they were just waiting for it to go live before hitting the "on" switch and it will happen any time now.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    vinnygecko wrote:

Hopefully they were just waiting for it to go live before hitting the "on" switch and it will happen any time now.
    You'd think this sort of thing would merit SOME communication
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ooooh! And the LRs are on the righthand side now!

Wait, didn't they used to be on the righthand side?

So far R91 is blowing me away, heh.
    that's weird - on ios, pre-event, LRs are now right of the season tile. when they start, they jump back to their normal spot on the left. wonder why they did that? the pre-event tile for the doom pvp is on the right too.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Per other thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37553&start=20 they won't be turning it on today. They are still talking about when they are going to do it. Guess I get to sell that BP cover. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Stormking3
    Options
    Lol, I was just reading a few pages back about all the complaining. People crying that in several months there will be 266 3* characters! Seriously? Do you really think you're going to find 100 3* covers of any given character that fast? No, just no.

And that squashes the fear of the gap between 2* and 3* transitioning players, because we all know how much more quickly those 2* covers come!

The same will be true for the rarity of 4*.

All this complaining is ridiculous. The system seems very well thought out and methodical. I await it with quite a bit of optimism, despite my usually cynical nature...
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just noticed....

"What's new...
    - Coming Soon: Champion Levels game mechanic breathes life into old & new favorites!
    - Versus warfare with Dr. Doom!
    - Dark Avengers PvE!"
    illK6U.gif

What an awesome troll, eh? And in plain sight, too.

My emphasis added.

You're a little late to the party. Look at the second post on page 1.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    antaresexplosion.gif?w=400&h=225