Blind Justice

Options

Comments

• I'll jump in some time this evening - I placed top five last time out, and would like to do so again, especially since my Magneto is 0/0/2 and basically useless. My DD is 3/1/4 now, and is in the low 50s levelwise, so that should help a lot - he was actually useful for me last time out.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would really like to compete in this, even though blue and purple of my mag are maxed out. But my MMR currently seems to be a bit atrocious so I might tank this one out...
  • Little tank is set DD-6/OBW-37/Patch-70. Feel free to attack me. 478 Points
  • Haven't joined yet but will be running DD Spidey Patch for my main team probably.

Any thoughts on whether DD should be 5/3/5 or 4/4/5? I screwed up one of the tourneys last week and only got one red, so I'm sitting 3/3/4 right now with two purple and a blue in the cache.
  • jozier wrote:
    Haven't joined yet but will be running DD Spidey Patch for my main team probably.

Any thoughts on whether DD should be 5/3/5 or 4/4/5? I screwed up one of the tourneys last week and only got one red, so I'm sitting 3/3/4 right now with two purple and a blue in the cache.

DD's Red is only a monster when he is buffed or maxed, but his blue and purple maxed pay off at any level. I am going to put his blue and purple at five and keep him leveled in the mid 60's (in the far future when I have this covers). That will be more than sufficient in any Blind Justice tournament.
  • Much like Hulk's black, DD's only have-to-have skill at max for a "correct" build is 5 red. Everything else is dependent on playstyle and team composition, so as long as you have red fully covered I think it's all good from there.

I'm running Patch/Spidey with my DD (lvl 45 - 4/3/4). I've got about 15K ISO hanging out, but I can't see myself getting better results in this tourney with a lvl. 60 DD vs. a lvl. 45 DD. It wouldn't be a deterrent on defense and I'm really only using his red as an extra pop for strike tiles on offense, so I can't justify it.

I think I'll just keep hoarding through the end of Simulator and/or announcement of 4* Wolvie buffs before I spend any more. I've got IW right on the edge of being useful at 138 (my goal is to have her ready to take Spidey's slot if he gets beat up by the rebalance), so I can get back to work on her or X-Force soon enough.

I just hate sitting on ISO for some reason. Hearing from forumites who have over 100K stored up blows my mind.
  • Much like Hulk's black, DD's only have-to-have skill at max for a "correct" build is 5 red. Everything else is dependent on playstyle and team composition, so as long as you have red fully covered I think it's all good from there.

I'm running Patch/Spidey with my DD (lvl 45 - 4/3/4). I've got about 15K ISO hanging out, but I can't see myself getting better results in this tourney with a lvl. 60 DD vs. a lvl. 45 DD. It wouldn't be a deterrent on defense and I'm really only using his red as an extra pop for strike tiles on offense, so I can't justify it.

I think I'll just keep hoarding through the end of Simulator and/or announcement of 4* Wolvie buffs before I spend any more. I've got IW right on the edge of being useful at 138 (my goal is to have her ready to take Spidey's slot if he gets beat up by the rebalance), so I can get back to work on her or X-Force soon enough.

I just hate sitting on ISO for some reason. Hearing from forumites who have over 100K stored up blows my mind.

I haven't had more than 1K iso8 for a while.

I haven't had anything that felt "necessary" to put it in for starters. I could dump most of my 150k ISO into xforce now, but if he gets a bump instead of a push in abilities he probably isn't worth the ISO and I could then either save for the next 4**** (lol)
    or start throwing it at characters like punisher and magneto who are, atm, mire than high enough to compete, but not yet maxed. I could skimp.off 10k or so to get DD to lvl 50-55 and make him a little more dangerous...but the rewards for this suck hard for me and so I am mire likely to just try and yank my mmr or something than try and place high (might go for 15 just to have a spare red magneto...though I doubt his balance would come in time anyway).

Part of it is 2 of what I was going to make my A team pre rag nerf (spidey/mag) were put on the nerf docket and the 3rd I hadn't decided on but was looking at punisher (though at the time he didn't seem as good as he looks now due to ragnarok being op).MMag at 125 punisher at 80 and spidey at 70 is good enough to win against max teams no boost , with 100 doom.for lr, and so I have been less than compelled to push ISO into something that may be nerfed or may be obsolete on my team (its either xforce or punisher for PvP...not both).

That said...its still not easy saving at first. Gets easier the higher it goes though, but at the same.time you feel.more willing to drop the ISO somewhere because you have so much lol.

As for dd...anybody know his difference between 4/5 red? I know at max 5 it is 9k+ but if the drop off from 4-5 is low enough, 5/4/4 might not be a bad build as the red is overkill against most enemies and super overkill if dd is boosted (prob only time I would use him). Since I have a spare purple at 4/4/4 I am.really considering just dropping it on him. I can also just swap it out for a red later as well and my hp is at a nice even 10k ..and I am.too ocd to sell the couple 3*** I have to ruin that until the last min lol.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I'll enter this event late and try to rush to the top. It's worked in the last three, so why stop now?

Yeah I agree. Red 5 is key. But not sure whether I should go 5 AP steal 5 stuns or 6 AP steal 4 stuns. I think 5/5 is probably best and a 4/4/5 DD is ideal but I don't have an absolute need to decide just yet.
  • In my bracket, 4 out of the current top 10 don't even have the required daredevil cover. This is pathetic.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    In my bracket, 4 out of the current top 10 don't even have the required daredevil cover. This is pathetic.

You get a free DD for competing. But DD is a meat shield and nothing more.

My team of Patch/Spidey that I will run has about zero need for DD. I'll toss out the occasional radar sense when I accumulate enough purple.
  • jozier wrote:
    Yeah I agree. Red 5 is key. But not sure whether I should go 5 AP steal 5 stuns or 6 AP steal 4 stuns. I think 5/5 is probably best and a 4/4/5 DD is ideal but I don't have an absolute need to decide just yet.

I need to decide heh. The 300 progression gave me a blue cover so I'm 4/3/3 at the moment, with a blue to use or burn. Probably going 4/4/5 timer ticking.
  • People never seem to run out of things to complain. I can bet you'll see several teams that have 2 level 141 characters and a level 40 or so DD and do just fine in their bracket too. Why not complain how come those guys didn't also level up DD to level 141?
  • Got my first four-star pull ever from the blind justice token, so now my x-force Wolverine can heal. In theory. If anyone ever used him.

I still do not understand the worship for DD's red. He's the Red Widow. You should not be attacking people with him.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Got my first four-star pull ever from the blind justice token, so now my x-force Wolverine can heal. In theory. If anyone ever used him.

I still do not understand the worship for DD's red. He's the Red Widow. You should not be attacking people with him.

The red needs to do enough damage to kill someone from 100% health to 0% for DD to even be a credible threat, and that's why you got to have 5 in red. Now, his red at level 5 maxed will kill anybody besides Hulk from what I remember, but DD isn't going to be a guy you want to get to level 141 ASAP, so you want to spend as little iso as possible while still being able to one hit kill an opponent. I suspect you want 5r and enough levels so that he does more than 5800 damage on red (this is the HP a level 141 Spiderman/Magneto/Punisher/Patch has) if you plan on using him at all. Having 5r will save you quite a few levels and there's no need for anything more than 5800 damage unless you want to one hit kill Ragnarok/IM40/Dr Doom too.
  • jozier wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    In my bracket, 4 out of the current top 10 don't even have the required daredevil cover. This is pathetic.

You get a free DD for competing. But DD is a meat shield and nothing more.

My team of Patch/Spidey that I will run has about zero need for DD. I'll toss out the occasional radar sense when I accumulate enough purple.

Oh, that's right... People get a level 15 daredevil. I guess a 100 fever will prevent you from seeing straight.
  • I've been able to get the other team to trigger DD"s traps by setting up 4 (or 5) matches on the trap and letting them trigger them. It doesn't work perfectly - and I've got a 56th level DD, so this won't work for the freebie - but it actually works pretty well once you get the hang of it.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I've been able to get the other team to trigger DD"s traps by setting up 4 (or 5) matches on the trap and letting them trigger them. It doesn't work perfectly - and I've got a 56th level DD, so this won't work for the freebie - but it actually works pretty well once you get the hang of it.

Yeah, it's hard to train yourself to not take that match 4/5, but all you have to do is just pass up a match 4/5 when it's on a trap and the AI never turns it down.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I've been able to get the other team to trigger DD"s traps by setting up 4 (or 5) matches on the trap and letting them trigger them. It doesn't work perfectly - and I've got a 56th level DD, so this won't work for the freebie - but it actually works pretty well once you get the hang of it.

Yeah, it's hard to train yourself to not take that match 4/5, but all you have to do is just pass up a match 4/5 when it's on a trap and the AI never turns it down.

This is why I have liked using Daredevil. The AI is predictable at times, which gives me the ability to tilt the board in their favor. They take the obvious match and Daredevil comes out with the flying crotch attack.