Blind Justice

Options
yogi_
yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
Beware the sword. 17-19th Feb.

Discuss...

Comments

• So maybe it wasn't an error..maybe they plan on yelling us one event in advance what the PvP events are?

Boo daredevil though lol. Last one wasn't all bad as nobody had him above lvl 45. Now ppl.have the option to have lvl 100+ and I am.not looking forward to dealing with instant kill reds being dropped by a 10k+ daredevil lol. I really don't want to lvl mine up..so..hopefully ppl don't either ...
  • Arghh, not enough ISO, dont know if I want dump iso into DD. Seriously, when are we gonna get some Hulk covers rewards? I havent gotten any Hulk since PVE.
  • Pichsterz wrote:
    Arghh, not enough ISO, dont know if I want dump iso into DD. Seriously, when are we gonna get some Hulk covers rewards? I havent gotten any Hulk since PVE.

I'd like it to be psylocke but I know it Wont be. If its not her...then I am all for hulk...only 3*** besides dd I need any of lol. Hopefully black is the 45+ reward icon_e_smile.gif
  • Wasn't Spidey the 3*** cover reward the last time they ran Blind Justice?
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Wasn't Spidey the 3*** cover reward the last time they ran Blind Justice?

The rewards change. They aren't always the same. Most of the time they are not actually. It's just when they run back to back that they are always the same...which has mire to do with being on a que than anything else I assume. That said..its possible. If so and it doesng have a red or yellow wolvie for first i am going tank crazy.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did they rerun a tournament this quickly before? Blind Justice was run just last week right? Something tells me that people haven't really been pumping iso into Daredevil, so the devs wanted to create more incentives to do so. I for one, am not putting any iso into the guy, so I'm going to need to figure out whether or not I should do this tournament. Hopefully the top reward is green X-Force or IW, so I can just aim for a top 5 prize without worrying about it too much.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Wasn't Spidey the 3*** cover reward the last time they ran Blind Justice?

The rewards change. They aren't always the same. Most of the time they are not actually. It's just when they run back to back that they are always the same...which has mire to do with being on a que than anything else I assume. That said..its possible. If so and it doesng have a red or yellow wolvie for first i am going tank crazy.

True... but with the respec feature being implemented "any day" now, and many people pressing the devs for Spidey covers specifically because of the respec, this would seem to be a tad too convenient. Same with NorthernPolarity's observation about Daredevil.

Then again, I wouldn't mind some more Hulk or Punisher covers to finish either of them off for good.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Between trying to level boosted characters for the PvE events and the constantly rotating PvP events, it feels like I'm never going to max out anyone. Unluckily, or maybe luckily, I don't really have enough DD covers to even consider leveling him so this particular event isn't an issue I guess.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Between trying to level boosted characters for the PvE events and the constantly rotating PvP events, it feels like I'm never going to max out anyone. Unluckily, or maybe luckily, I don't really have enough DD covers to even consider leveling him so this particular event isn't an issue I guess.

At some point you just need to bite the bullet and focus on leveling a couple of key characters to max level, as those character are going to be your supporting cast for every single following tournament. I think I skimped on leveling Patch for the TaT tournament so that I could max out my Punisher, and I'm extremely happy with that decision as now I can use that character for all future events.
  • Between trying to level boosted characters for the PvE events and the constantly rotating PvP events, it feels like I'm never going to max out anyone. Unluckily, or maybe luckily, I don't really have enough DD covers to even consider leveling him so this particular event isn't an issue I guess.

At some point you just need to bite the bullet and focus on leveling a couple of key characters to max level, as those character are going to be your supporting cast for every single following tournament. I think I skimped on leveling Patch for the TaT tournament so that I could max out my Punisher, and I'm extremely happy with that decision as now I can use that character for all future events.

Yea, this. You are perfectly able to rank decently with lvl 60-80 guys too as long as you have a good supporting member behind you. Spidey for one, as long as you have someone who does good damage behind him, makes any team better. Slow...but with a little thought you should basically never lose. Until his nerf of course. Just bite the bullet and do a few tournements with what you have. Dd is as good a time as any. And avoid wasting it on characters that aren't pumped often and aretrash without boosts...like moonstone.

You NEED damage, so strike file characters are always helpful to buff if you don't have a straight shooter like magneto. Right now I'd say punisher is one of the safest bets for leveling as he does pretty decent damage, he cover black, he works really well in pve and with stun teams, his red isn't great normally but against high hp characters like hulk of boosted characters its very cost effective, his ap cost are pretty low considering 6 ap seems to be the new low in most situations. Also he is in the hero lr so he will be buffed for 2 days every other week as well, and unlike patches he doesn't run the risk of wiping your own team lol. If it weren't for the fact I am saving ISO to see what happens to xforce I would have finished maxing mine now probably..or at least brought him from 80 to 100+.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    Yea, this. You are perfectly able to rank decently with lvl 60-80 guys too as long as you have a good supporting member behind you. Spidey for one, as long as you have someone who does good damage behind him, makes any team better. Slow...but with a little thought you should basically never lose. Until his nerf of course. Just bite the bullet and do a few tournements with what you have. Dd is as good a time as any. And avoid wasting it on characters that aren't pumped often and aretrash without boosts...like moonstone.

You NEED damage, so strike file characters are always helpful to buff if you don't have a straight shooter like magneto. Right now I'd say punisher is one of the safest bets for leveling as he does pretty decent damage, he cover black, he works really well in pve and with stun teams, his red isn't great normally but against high hp characters like hulk of boosted characters its very cost effective, his ap cost are pretty low considering 6 ap seems to be the new low in most situations. Also he is in the hero lr so he will be buffed for 2 days every other week as well, and unlike patches he doesn't run the risk of wiping your own team lol. If it weren't for the fact I am saving ISO to see what happens to xforce I would have finished maxing mine now probably..or at least brought him from 80 to 100+.

Wow thanks. Right now I've only maxed out astonishing Wolverine but he's been great at providing damage. So I plan on leveling up Hulk and Spidey next since they're at 5/1/3 and 3/4/3 respectively. After that I'll work on miscellaneous
    characters as I find more covers.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options

Wow thanks. Right now I've only maxed out astonishing Wolverine but he's been great at providing damage. So I plan on leveling up Hulk and Spidey next since they're at 5/1/3 and 3/4/3 respectively. After that I'll work on miscellaneous
    characters as I find more covers.

I'd actually hold onto your iso until you can max out a versatile dps character like Punisher, Psylocke, C. Mags, etc. These guys will make both PvE and PvP a lot easier because levels increase their damage potential, and they end up doing a ton of damage at level 141. The thing about Hulk is that while he's amazing on defense, his offense kinda sucks, so he's not going to help you win matches quickly (although he'll help you preserve your point total by being a scarecrow). Spideys slated to get nerfed so I'd hold off on him as well.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What was the reward 3* last time?
  • windfallstar
    Options
    I'd actually hold onto your iso until you can max out a versatile dps character like Punisher, Psylocke, C. Mags, etc. These guys will make both PvE and PvP a lot easier because levels increase their damage potential, and they end up doing a ton of damage at level 141. The thing about Hulk is that while he's amazing on defense, his offense kinda sucks, so he's not going to help you win matches quickly (although he'll help you preserve your point total by being a scarecrow). Spideys slated to get nerfed so I'd hold off on him as well.

Well I do have Punisher at 2/2/3 so his max level is 64 right now. It's kinda annoying not knowing when I'll be able to acquire more covers. Most of my 2* characters are in the same situation of being half built. It's a shame that leveling abilities without covers takes so much hp.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2014
    Options

I agree with this, but since Punisher hasn't been awarded since he premiered, mine isat his current cap of 66, which he's only at due to a couple of lucky draws (sitting at 3/3/1).
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So maybe it wasn't an error..maybe they plan on yelling us one event in advance what the PvP events are?

Boo daredevil though lol. Last one wasn't all bad as nobody had him above lvl 45. Now ppl.have the option to have lvl 100+ and I am.not looking forward to dealing with instant kill reds being dropped by a 10k+ daredevil lol. I really don't want to lvl mine up..so..hopefully ppl don't either ...

People did ask to be notified in advance!

I probably would've raised my DD a few levels but I'm going to miss this whole tournament so there's not much point now really.
    Hopefully the rewards aren't that great so I don't feel like I'm missing out icon_mrgreen.gif
  • The good news is the rewards for that one will definitely not be more DD covers. The bad news is, well, it's a DD tournament and I figure plenty of people have now dumped enough iso into him to make my **** DD a liability.

The previous one had Doom covers as rewards,right?
  • Wolfman wrote:
    The good news is the rewards for that one will definitely not be more DD covers. The bad news is, well, it's a DD tournament and I figure plenty of people have now dumped enough iso into him to make my **** DD a liability.

The previous one had Doom covers as rewards,right?

Yes. I was able to score top15 place in that and thus earn both black and blue cover of Doom with just a **** 15lvl purple DD. Good times... I'm not so sure I'll be able to pull it off again though. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • It won't be a DD tournament, or if it is, it won't exclusively buff DD.

The last one wasn't captioned "beware the sword" now was it? DD doesn't have a sword. This event is def gonna feature psylocke.
  • DD doesn't have a sword.
    The image of Justice in a blindfold does often include a sword, though, so it's likely a reference to that.