Blind Justice

Comments

• PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    I assumed Daredevil since I didn't think they would have a tournament with an unreleased character.

Have they ever done that before?
  • Daredevil seems so worthless to me. I top fived the last Blind Justice using the loaner DD. Almost every team I faced used the loaner DD. Even when I had to fight a leveled DD, it was no issue whatsoever. As a matter of fact, he seemed like a huge liability to those OBW teams I faced because the AI would spend purple AP on his traps. I think I got hit by a significant trap once. Am I missing something? Is this tournament really just a 2 on 2 with a little extra cleanup at the end? It sure seemed that way to me.

Anyone else planning to dump ISO into him for this one?
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Daredevil seems so worthless to me. I top fived the last Blind Justice using the loaner DD. Almost every team I faced used the loaner DD. Even when I had to fight a leveled DD, it was no issue whatsoever. As a matter of fact, he seemed like a huge liability to those OBW teams I faced because the AI would spend purple AP on his traps. I think I got hit by a significant trap once. Am I missing something? Is this tournament really just a 2 on 2 with a little extra cleanup at the end? It sure seemed that way to me.

Anyone else planning to dump ISO into him for this one?

No. He is a liability bc of the randomness. I plan to just complete my covers for him with tonight's nefarious but have no plans to put much iso into him.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Undecided. If it's a villain cover, then yes. If it's IM40 or one of the lesser heroes, then no. I want Patch; I was really busy with work during the tournaments where you could win him (Ares?) and so I have an underpowered 2/2/1.
  • i got him at level 41. But thats from previous tournament and oscorp. Don't plan on leveling him further which is kinda sad cause he is my highest covered 3*. Abilties are just too unreliable. They can go to bad spots and they are too easily disarmed. Much more easier than countdowns.
  • I just entered the Nefarious tourney to get a few more DD covers because I briefly thought Psylocke would be a reward in the next Blind Justice tournament . . . until I realized that the Simulator event will not end for four more days.

Nuts to that. I only plan on leveling DD to make him less of a target, and I don't need that hassle without good covers for a top 45 finish.

Maybe for the Hood, though. I have a new appreciation for the Mephisto ripoff's aid.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Classic Mags is the 3*** cover prize for the second run of this tourney!

So... anyone interested in DD **now**?
  • Mags reward. Very delicious.
  • Damn..its gonna get nasty with Mags as the reward. Should we read anything into his purple cover being top 5 now which seems reverse of LR? Top 15 please.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Classic Mags is the 3*** cover prize for the second run of this tourney!

So... anyone interested in DD **now**?

No...mine has been 5/3/5 for a month +. And its yet-a-fricken-gen a green wolverine cover so..f em. I'll push to 500 if I can and throw in a tank team or something. Nothing for me here except for hp. I can prob jump to top 45 prety easy if I change my mind in the last 2 hours as well.
  • Red mags for top 15, and green x-force for first. This may be the most competitive DD ever. 16k CROTCH ATTACK GO!
  • Damn..its gonna get nasty with Mags as the reward. Should we read anything into his purple cover being top 5 now which seems reverse of LR? Top 15 please.

No, they reversed it for the Hood too.

Need those yellow Hood covers icon_e_sad.gif
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Damn..its gonna get nasty with Mags as the reward. Should we read anything into his purple cover being top 5 now which seems reverse of LR? Top 15 please.

No, they reversed it for the Hood too.

Need those yellow Hood covers icon_e_sad.gif

yellow is also a day 120 daily reward.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Put out my C-team for some light tanking (15 DD/69 Daken/50 M.Storm) and someone's already lost to me

musta been desert.
  • yellow is also a day 120 daily reward.

Ill jump for joy in 61 days icon_e_smile.gif Probably have it maxed by then.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Put out my C-team for some light tanking (15 DD/69 Daken/50 M.Storm) and someone's already lost to me

musta been desert.

Maybe they tried to attack with an even lower tank team? Lol..
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    So at this point the more dedicated players should have 5 of each Daredevil cover... if only he wasn't so useless. This tournament just mocks us as it wants us to pour iso into Daredevil, but I think we all know better than that... Hopefully I can almost complete my Mags now: sitting at 5/3/2. Probably just going to make him 5/4/3 because respec is happening anyways.
  • I'm excited for C Mags covers. Got a 4/2/5 I can finish off with this tourney if I choose to go 5/3/5. Or wait for the second run of it (if it runs twice) for a 4/4/5.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    jozier wrote:
    I'm excited for C Mags covers. Got a 4/2/5 I can finish off with this tourney if I choose to go 5/3/5. Or wait for the second run of it (if it runs twice) for a 4/4/5.

Pre-nerf 5 blue is the way to go. the amount of chaining you can do with 5 blue vs 4 is simply ridiculous. Think about it this way: if you only use mags blue to match 4, 4 blue and 9AP would let you chain his ability 2 times (9 - 6 + 4 - 6 + 4 = 5 AP left), whereas 5 blue and 9 AP lets you chain it 5 times. I'm glad that I had a chance to use one of the last broken characters before respec: he's as absurd as spidey.
  • In the event rules tab it says "Beat 500 opponents and you could win Wolverine (X-Force)".