Blind Justice

Options

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Someone just attacked me for 1 point. I don't think I've ever lost just 1 point before. But yes, thank you, I will take that 42 point retaliation.
  • Since the red trap is the one we're most interested in avoiding, let's look at the characters that can deal with it specifically:

Dr. Doom
    Daken
    Wolverine
    Patch (converts 4 red with The Best There Is)
    Punisher (Molotov converts 1 red tile)

Relying on Punisher's single red tile to happen to hit the trap is unreliable, to say the least. Patch's red shouldn't really be considered an anti-red trap mechanism given that it should be more than enough to kill Daredevil outright, not to mention at 14r it's one of the most expensive red ability in the game. The other characters are quite good at dealing with the red trap, but they're generally not the most powerful character around.

Now board shakeup abilities can deal with the trap, but I'd say it's 50/50 here because if you miss the trap, the resulting cascade can easily trigger the trap. Certainly this isn't going to be first option to deal with the red trap.

So what you have is a character that's very weak against certain character, but is generally decent against the stronger players. Keep in mind that I'm sure almost nobody actually leveled him up. If you only have a level 40 Magneto classic he wouldn't look too impressive even boosted against level 141s. Maybe you can argue he's too weak against certain guys and that's a fair assessment (Daken would likely eat him for breakfast), but most of the powerful characters actually have no way to get rid of his trap short of killing him.
  • Phantron wrote:
    So what you have is a character that's very weak against certain character, but is generally decent against the stronger players. Keep in mind that I'm sure almost nobody actually leveled him up. If you only have a level 40 Magneto classic he wouldn't look too impressive even boosted against level 141s. Maybe you can argue he's too weak against certain guys and that's a fair assessment (Daken would likely eat him for breakfast), but most of the powerful characters actually have no way to get rid of his trap short of killing him.

It's beyond me how anybody can believe that this character is anything above trash tier on defense. He's the worst defensive 3* in the entire game. He has three abilities that deal a total of 0 damage. I could care less if he has 2, 3, or 4 red traps out at the same time, because I won't be triggering them unless I get very unlucky and there are no other moves available. The character does nothing besides prevent me from collecting red and matching 4.

I should note that at this stage in the game, I still don't know what the Ambush animation looks like, because I have never triggered it despite having it activated against me hundreds of times.
  • I have had it trigger on cascades. But it's so few and far between its not really a concern.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Enemy Thor overwrote my red Ambush tile with his Mjolnir, so it became yellow, but the trap actually survived! Enemy team promptly matched the trap tile and got damaged. Handy. Daredevil, you have hope yet.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ****... forgot my shield ran out for not even 10 minutes, lost 113 points and fell down from second position to 15th

Climbed a bit back up, but ended up shielding early at 6th position, because I don't really have the time to fight against all the losses I get now -.-

Could've used that purple cover for mags so well :/

Not a good tourney run for me in general, had to shield one extra time, had to buy health packs because I had an unlucky streak and got slaughtered 3 matches in a row...
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I've seen five traps disarm after killing Daredevil. He's simple to play around. He's a joke.
  • Heh I got over 300 points just from retaliating back. Now shielded in 4th place. Only need a blue and a red C Mag so I'm pretty happy.
  • Tournament results :

22 matches played

0 crotch attacks

6 equalizers (happily matched blues away with my dd even if they were trapped, doesnt matter one bit. This stun does nothing)

1 jazz hands

Yep yep, well at least i didnt level DD beyond 41.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sadly shielded at 800 in 1st place: closest guy is at 700 points, but I don't need the green x-force, so it feels like a waste. Thought the final push involve more people pushing to high numbers, but it looks like the zombie horde is dragging them back down.
  • Sweet looks like I'm gonna finish 5th. After selling the purple, I'll have used 50 HP to secure my last blue and red C Mags. Not a bad investment.
  • Most of the team are still dominated by Patch/Spiderman/Magneto. When the team features characters that tend to end the game very quickly or prevent the other team from ever making a move, of course you don't have much chances to trigger your own ambushes. People in general didn't even have him leveled to the point where he can one hit kill anybody with red even with his boosts, due to both a lack of red covers and levels.

You're basically evaluating say Magneto classic with purple at level 2 at level 40 and say 'it doesn't do enough damage, no one would ever use that' even though it's one of the most powerful ability in the game. No Daredevil isn't that good, but comparing a level 40 Daredevil (which would likely be a high level DD compared to others) to level 141 characters is stupid.
  • Sadly shielded at 800 in 1st place: closest guy is at 700 points, but I don't need the green x-force, so it feels like a waste. Thought the final push involve more people pushing to high numbers, but it looks like the zombie horde is dragging them back down.

I like to push about a day before and ended up in 1009 or so and then a few ppl lost trying to retaliate while my shield was up which now has me up to 1020 now. The 4-9 per match over 900 is real slow going but when you do it at an off time you don't get taken down as much, but it's always a gamble.

2nd was 910 last night, but now is 888 so i think he tried to push again and ended up getting hit harder than he thought so just settled. That's what I like about doing the pushes well before the event ends then shielding up to the finish.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Roya PQ wrote:
    Sadly shielded at 800 in 1st place: closest guy is at 700 points, but I don't need the green x-force, so it feels like a waste. Thought the final push involve more people pushing to high numbers, but it looks like the zombie horde is dragging them back down.

I like to push about a day before and ended up in 1009 or so and then a few ppl lost trying to retaliate while my shield was up which now has me up to 1020 now. The 4-9 per match over 900 is real slow going but when you do it at an off time you don't get taken down as much, but it's always a gamble.

2nd was 910 last night, but now is 888 so i think he tried to push again and ended up getting hit harder than he thought so just settled. That's what I like about doing the pushes well before the event ends then shielding up to the finish.

Yeah, in competitive brackets where you want to get first this is definitely the way to go. What I did was join a slacker bracket, push up to 600 last night, and then push up to 800 this morning and shield. If you tank, this saves you a ton of HP on shields and gets you the same result of 3 mag covers.
  • LRs really helped with keeping my MMR low enough to sneak on 2nd place. Then I sat there till 4 minutes remained, did 1 quick match and ninja'd first place. Great feel, even if XFWolv is utter kitten.
  • Celerity wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

It's beyond me how anybody can believe that this character is anything above trash tier on defense. He's the worst defensive 3* in the entire game. He has three abilities that deal a total of 0 damage. I could care less if he has 2, 3, or 4 red traps out at the same time, because I won't be triggering them unless I get very unlucky and there are no other moves available. The character does nothing besides prevent me from collecting red and matching 4.

I should note that at this stage in the game, I still don't know what the Ambush animation looks like, because I have never triggered it despite having it activated against me hundreds of times.

The animation of Ambush is DD doing a round house kick to the opponents head piece. I think it's great and I've KO'd lvl 85 Thor with a few tile matches and then the trigger. The trigger isn't always a 3 red match, but sometimes even when you match a 4 in a row and destroy the red trap IT WILL TRIGGER.

Also I learned today that even if Thor's Thunder Strike or Wolverine's Feral Claw change the traps colour, it still persists and I saw Thor match 3 yellows and 'Ambush' was triggered and he got kicked into touch. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Really funny to see and I think DD is a fun character for sure. icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif
  • JusticeB wrote:
    Celerity wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

The animation of Ambush is DD doing a round house kick to the opponents head piece. I think it's great and I've KO'd lvl 85 Thor with a few tile matches and then the trigger. The trigger isn't always a 3 red match, but sometimes even when you match a 4 in a row and destroy the red trap IT WILL TRIGGER.

Also I learned today that even if Thor's Thunder Strike or Wolverine's Feral Claw change the traps colour, it still persists and I saw Thor match 3 yellows and 'Ambush' was triggered and he got kicked into touch. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Really funny to see and I think DD is a fun character for sure. icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

Feral Claw doesn't change a tile's colour, it overwrites a red tile, and so it will overwrite the trap.
  • I think I won mine, but I still have not received rewards. Do not remember it taking that long, starting to get worried...how long has it taken longest?
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was just about to ask about the same. Well if it's not just me I'm guessing it's a system-thing and will resolve itself.
  • no rewards yet. I want my blue mag cover