Blind Justice

Options

Comments

• Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My foray into this tournament so far just seems to have solidified just how much Daredevil is lacking any kind of team composition whatsoever.

I think I've used a different lineup for each match so far. Most of it has been getting through seed teams, once I hit actual opposition, I think I've gone 2 wins and 2 loses and decided to stop before I do any more damage to myself and try and work out a plan. I'd like some Mag covers, but I could also use this to grind some extra ISO to bank/put into Hulk for the final round of Simulator subs.

I want to try teaming him with Daken and Bullseye, since I think the best play is to try and limit the number of colours the opponent feels safe in matching - and that trio effectively puts a dampener on Blue, Green, Purple, Red and Enviro.
  • Assuming you do no better than a match 4 each time you used Magneto's blue, the difference between level 4 and 5 is 100%. That is, at level 5 you use 5 blue AP and get 4 blue AP + 4 random AP, so you converted 1 blue AP to 4 random AP. At level 4, you converted 2 blue AP to 4 random AP.

Of course, often you can do better than a match 4 and just loop back to itself. The AP generation advantage is simply broken, not to mention the match 4 and match 5s do pretty significant damage. For a match 4 you're looking at about 300 damage base, and match 5 you're looking at about 1000 damage total from matching the crit tile (and often it's automatched anyway). Yes very rarely you'll have a crit tile in a bad spot but that's never been a reason to turn down a match 5.

Then there's also the fact that his blue is also the premier tile defense ability in the game, letting you overwrite any 2 hard to reach tiles anywhere. Most of the time you can simply blow it up with a match 4, but if not, you can always just get rid of it directly.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Omg this is the best tank team ever

Went 1-4 on defense and only lost 4 points!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the event rules tab it says "Beat 500 opponents and you could win Wolverine (X-Force)".

Wait, has anyone seen a counter of some sort that verifies the truth to this statement? This is pretty weird for them to say randomly. Probably still a pipe dream though: 500 opponents at 3 minutes a match = 1500 minutes = 25 hours of grinding. Ain't nobody got time for that, especially since MMR is going to make all your matches hard.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    In the event rules tab it says "Beat 500 opponents and you could win Wolverine (X-Force)".

Wait, has anyone seen a counter of some sort that verifies the truth to this statement? This is pretty weird for them to say randomly. Probably still a pipe dream though: 500 opponents at 3 minutes a match = 1500 minutes = 25 hours of grinding. Ain't nobody got time for that, especially since MMR is going to make all your matches hard.

It just means that the brackets are 500 players.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

It just means that the brackets are 500 players.

Ah, I was confused because the font for x-force was yellow, implying a hidden yellow cover. It's also technically 499, but i guess 500 sounds nicer.
  • Damn..its gonna get nasty with Mags as the reward.

My thought exactly. At first I was overjoyed but then I realized so is everybody else too. I don't see problem placing top45 but top15 and up might be nasty.
  • Mawtful
    Options
    So I think I've settled on Daredevil/Spider-Man/Hulk.
    Rainbow coverage,
    Hulk's out in front for Green, Black and Environment (his raw value must be something like 3.9, since he beats so many other heroes with 3 value for environment)
    DD covering Spidey on Blue and Purple is actually quite nice,
    Ambush is a cheaper Red, so less chance of Hulk smashing when the board has too much green,
    Equalizer is a more expensive blue, so AI should be prioritizing Spidey's blue,
    Radar Sense gives me something to do with the purple I'm grabbing for protect tiles,

and unrelated to the lineup really, but I managed to trick the AI into matching 4 Ambush traps together for some crazy cartwheeling triple KO action. That felt good.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    So I think I've settled on Daredevil/Spider-Man/Hulk.
    Rainbow coverage,
    Hulk's out in front for Green, Black and Environment (his raw value must be something like 3.9, since he beats so many other heroes with 3 value for environment)
    DD covering Spidey on Blue and Purple is actually quite nice,
    Ambush is a cheaper Red, so less chance of Hulk smashing when the board has too much green,
    Equalizer is a more expensive blue, so AI should be prioritizing Spidey's blue,
    Radar Sense gives me something to do with the purple I'm grabbing for protect tiles.

Interesting theorycrafting, the problem with spiderman AI is that it's usage of his blue power is random at best and it is quite conceivable that the AI will end up setting a blue trap anyway.

I think DD is really tricky to use on offense. I think his real value lies in defense and the deterrent effect of his ambush.. 7 red is pretty hard to deny and a there is a higher chance that his traps are going trigger the longer a match up goes on for and this means using a first-aid kit to revive a character. I'm currently using Punisher as my go to character and I like the idea of pairing them up together..

Firstly on offense, punisher's red only has value towards end game and ambush gives me something to do with red tiles early in the game. Punisher's strike tiles also don't take up red tiles so the other synergy is that the extra strike damage when matching your own reds should also work with the strike tiles adding some additional damage - so you have a situation where you go for red and your opponent is scared to match red. Defensively this adds up too as well.

I don't like using spider-man on offense, on defence he's worse due to his relative squishiness - - he's really useful for stunning and healing but he does slow you down on offence, I might use spider-man to heal up when necessary so I was thinking maybe using the mk40 for the yellow. On defense his yellow pretty much means tons of traps all over the place and on offence possible burst through his red and blues which hopefully your daredevil has been denying to the opposing team.
  • Mawtful
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    Interesting theorycrafting, the problem with spiderman AI is that it's usage of his blue power is random at best and it is quite conceivable that the AI will end up setting a blue trap anyway.

I think DD is really tricky to use on offense. I think his real value lies in defense and the deterrent effect of his ambush.. 7 red is pretty hard to deny and a there is a higher chance that his traps are going trigger the longer a match up goes on for and this means using a first-aid kit to revive a character. I'm currently using Punisher as my go to character and I like the idea of pairing them up together..

Firstly on offense, punisher's red only has value towards end game and ambush gives me something to do with red tiles early in the game. Punisher's strike tiles also don't take up red tiles so the other synergy is that the extra strike damage when matching your own reds should also work with the strike tiles adding some additional damage - so you have a situation where you go for red and your opponent is scared to match red. Defensively this adds up too as well.

I don't like using spider-man on offense, on defence he's worse due to his relative squishiness - - he's really useful for stunning and healing but he does slow you down on offence, I might use spider-man to heal up when necessary so I was thinking maybe using the mk40 for the yellow. On defense his yellow pretty much means tons of traps all over the place and on offence possible burst through his red and blues which hopefully your daredevil has been denying to the opposing team.

I had a bit of a brain fart before. Spidey has strength of 4 on enviro tiles - not sure where I got the Hulk match from, maybe Spidey was stunned at the time.

Unfortunately, my IM40 only has 1 cover in yellow, otherwise I would have paired him with DD instantly. The synergy between Recharge and Red/Blue Traps is great and that's really what you're looking for to make sure games move fast.

As it stands, I'm currently at #3 in my bracket with just under 400 points. My DD is at level 50 already - I've been putting "leftover" ISO into him whenever I've been dumping the big hauls from Simulator into my other main focuses of Hulk and IM40. I'm really surprised that he's gained so many levels so quickly, but I guess it all adds up and those are the easy levels. Still I'm mostly hoping that Spidey+Hulk provide a deterrent for most attackers. The two players above me are obviously at a much lower MMR, so we'll just have to see how the next 2 days pan out. I hadn't considered shooting for the top before, but now it feels like I might even have a chance at top 5.
  • Hope I can make top 5 with my lvl 15 DD. I really want the C.Mags covers but I refuse to put any ISO into DD. His design is just terrible and I tanked every tournament where he was rewarded out of principle.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    finwe wrote:
    Hope I can make top 5 with my lvl 15 DD. I really want the C.Mags covers but I refuse to put any ISO into DD. His design is just terrible and I tanked every tournament where he was rewarded out of principle.

since both his purple and blue are not dependent on character level, that shouldn't matter too much...
  • I've got a DD with 5 in the red, I figure getting him to level 60 should be enough of a deterrent to help me get what I want.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I've got a DD with 5 in the red, I figure getting him to level 60 should be enough of a deterrent to help me get what I want.

I imagine walking into that red might be hurtful...how much damage do you pack at lvl 60 with the buff? my lvl 30ish dd with 3 red already makes about 2.5k...so I guess yours will one-shot just about anybody, right?
  • I imagine walking into that red might be hurtful...how much damage do you pack at lvl 60 with the buff? my lvl 30ish dd with 3 red already makes about 2.5k...so I guess yours will one-shot just about anybody, right?

Level 58 right now, does 6588 damage if they match, 127 if I match. Not much reason to keep leveling him for this tourney except to give him a larger health buffer, and to one-shot the silly people who leveled him to 100+.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I've got a DD with 5 in the red, I figure getting him to level 60 should be enough of a deterrent to help me get what I want.

I imagine walking into that red might be hurtful...how much damage do you pack at lvl 60 with the buff? my lvl 30ish dd with 3 red already makes about 2.5k...so I guess yours will one-shot just about anybody, right?

lvl 59 6672 enough for all other heros icon_e_smile.gif
  • My Level 90 DD with 5 red is dealing over 9K damage, should be fun! icon_eek.gif
  • Nick-Fury wrote:
    My Level 90 DD with 5 red is dealing over 9K damage, should be fun! icon_eek.gif
    Yeah, real fun seeing that damage in only 1 out of 10 matches.

Last Blind Justice I didn't even get 1 activation. Luckily and yesterday I finally got to see the crotch shot. I'll be amazed if I happen to get another for the remainding duration of the tourney.
  • Best use of DD's red = pair with Patch. Then when you trigger your own trap you proc the strike tile damage for the trap as well as the match. Double damage. TBTI is a one-shot, but you can recycle that trap for damage throughout the match.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm running a Hulk/Daken combo out, which is surprisingly effective, especially on the desert stage. At some point I'll need to vary the combo up a bit to save health.