Blind Justice

Options

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I've been able to get the other team to trigger DD"s traps by setting up 4 (or 5) matches on the trap and letting them trigger them. It doesn't work perfectly - and I've got a 56th level DD, so this won't work for the freebie - but it actually works pretty well once you get the hang of it.

Yeah, it's hard to train yourself to not take that match 4/5, but all you have to do is just pass up a match 4/5 when it's on a trap and the AI never turns it down.

This is why I have liked using Daredevil. The AI is predictable at times, which gives me the ability to tilt the board in their favor. They take the obvious match and Daredevil comes out with the flying crotch attack.

Yep same, got a level 57 and once you get the hang of it, INSTA-KILL icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I've been able to get the other team to trigger DD"s traps by setting up 4 (or 5) matches on the trap and letting them trigger them. It doesn't work perfectly - and I've got a 56th level DD, so this won't work for the freebie - but it actually works pretty well once you get the hang of it.

That is a decent point. 9-11 of a tile placement color with someone like magneto or gsbw could basically guarantee the red being activated by the machine on the next turn. That only helps the offense though and still requires the use of about 15-18 ap to ko one character (maybe worthwhile on someone like hulk). He isn't unuseable, he just isn't worth using over most of the other 3***. I think he would be really interesting in real PvP and not the shadow trial PvP we have currently vs the machine. As is, he needs his purple and maybe his blue as well to be passive abilities instead of ap moves of rhim to
    eesee even consideration of being on a 3 man team.
  • Question- Entering the tourny tomorrow and already have line up easy points with level 2's and it just came to my attention today for some reason and dont know why i never thought of it before, but if i kept one of those missions til the end ( some people say if i keep it on the right node it works) it would be an easy 27 points for the end if i need it, or will it be replaced if somebody attacks me?
  • Question- Entering the tourny tomorrow and already have line up easy points with level 2's and it just came to my attention today for some reason and dont know why i never thought of it before, but if i kept one of those missions til the end ( some people say if i keep it on the right node it works) it would be an easy 27 points for the end if i need it, or will it be replaced if somebody attacks me?

In Lightning Rounds, the seed team I save for tanking is replaced with a new matchup if a Retaliation takes its slot. This happens whether I pass on the Retaliation or accept and beat it.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Question- Entering the tourny tomorrow and already have line up easy points with level 2's and it just came to my attention today for some reason and dont know why i never thought of it before, but if i kept one of those missions til the end ( some people say if i keep it on the right node it works) it would be an easy 27 points for the end if i need it, or will it be replaced if somebody attacks me?

In Lightning Rounds, the seed team I save for tanking is replaced with a new matchup if a Retaliation takes its slot. This happens whether I pass on the Retaliation or accept and beat it.

Balls, was worth a shot
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Question- Entering the tourny tomorrow and already have line up easy points with level 2's and it just came to my attention today for some reason and dont know why i never thought of it before, but if i kept one of those missions til the end ( some people say if i keep it on the right node it works) it would be an easy 27 points for the end if i need it, or will it be replaced if somebody attacks me?

And more importantly, it won't actually be worth 27 points anymore.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    In my bracket, 4 out of the current top 10 don't even have the required daredevil cover. This is pathetic.

You get a free DD for competing. But DD is a meat shield and nothing more.

My team of Patch/Spidey that I will run has about zero need for DD. I'll toss out the occasional radar sense when I accumulate enough purple.

I've recently changed my team to this same line-up. Since I have a few levels in my DD, and at least one of each cover, I think it's actually quite effective.

Can't leave Spider-Man for last, since he'll just web you and annoy you.
    Can't leave Wolvie for last, since then he's got the whole board for Best There Is.
    Can probably leave Daredevil for last, but that gives him more opportunity for dropping traps. The longer they're on the board, the more likely you are to trip them.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:
    In my bracket, 4 out of the current top 10 don't even have the required daredevil cover. This is pathetic.

You get a free DD for competing. But DD is a meat shield and nothing more.

My team of Patch/Spidey that I will run has about zero need for DD. I'll toss out the occasional radar sense when I accumulate enough purple.

I've recently changed my team to this same line-up. Since I have a few levels in my DD, and at least one of each cover, I think it's actually quite effective.

Can't leave Spider-Man for last, since he'll just web you and annoy you.
    Can't leave Wolvie for last, since then he's got the whole board for Best There Is.
    Can probably leave Daredevil for last, but that gives him more opportunity for dropping traps. The longer they're on the board, the more likely you are to trip them.

Only.thing is your spidey makes me want to use my spidey. Your patches does not want me using spidey...otherwise I will just,stop using blue, wait until he drop a green, and open up shop. That's how ruff rydas role. It's not a bad team, but patches needs some bull slunky to be able to be all that effective on offense....so I dont think.it will stand the test of time necessarily once the spidey nerfs drops. For now though, spidey AMD Loki both work well with him..but spidey has more utility clearly.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only.thing is your spidey makes me want to use my spidey. Your patches does not want me using spidey...otherwise I will just,stop using blue, wait until he drop a green, and open up shop. That's how ruff rydas role. It's not a bad team, but patches needs some bull slunky to be able to be all that effective on offense....so I dont think.it will stand the test of time necessarily once the spidey nerfs drops. For now though, spidey AMD Loki both work well with him..but spidey has more utility clearly.

Don't forget if you take DD and Spidey against me that means there are 4 out of 6 heroes wanting to match purple. There's a good chance I can drop Green with zero drawback.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Yeah, it's hard to train yourself to not take that match 4/5, but all you have to do is just pass up a match 4/5 when it's on a trap and the AI never turns it down.

This is why I have liked using Daredevil. The AI is predictable at times, which gives me the ability to tilt the board in their favor. They take the obvious match and Daredevil comes out with the flying crotch attack.

Your assuming the trap will be set on a match 4/5. Whenever i try setting traps they get put off in the corner useless. It would be different if you could manually place the traps. That would make him marginally better. I never see myself putting one crystal of iso into him.
  • What sword are we to beware of?
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What sword are we to beware of?

you can see it "sheathed" during daredevil's red animation
  • Thanos wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Your assuming the trap will be set on a match 4/5. Whenever i try setting traps they get put off in the corner useless. It would be different if you could manually place the traps. That would make him marginally better. I never see myself putting one crystal of iso into him.

If you could place his traps where you wanted, he would be broken on offense. Whenever there is a match4 availble, you could use 7 AP to OHKO anyone.
  • I am aware that it has been mentioned before that characters who spawn special tiles on red can overwrite red Daredevil traps, but has anyone mentioned that this also applies if the opponent is another Daredevil? In a match just now I put a red trap down, only for the AI to put a red trap of their own down shortly afterwards... overwriting mine. My one just disappeared, initially I was like huh, but soon figured that he must have overwritten it. Confirmed this once I bumped him off, as the trap disarmed flashed up by that tile. There was little danger of me matching that tile either, as I steered clear of it.

I'm guilty of not reading all the discussion on this character, have the devs talked about whether this overwriting is intended or not? Would be interested to hear the logic if it is intended, or whether it is merely an unintended flaw in design and may be eradicated in the future.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I want a red Magneto cover. But I never bothered reducing my MMR after the last PvP tourney I tried hard in, so I'm probably ****. Not sure why I even check the tourneys anymore, I should just quit.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    Not sure why I even check the tourneys anymore, I should just quit.

Never give up, never surrender!
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I am aware that it has been mentioned before that characters who spawn special tiles on red can overwrite red Daredevil traps, but has anyone mentioned that this also applies if the opponent is another Daredevil? In a match just now I put a red trap down, only for the AI to put a red trap of their own down shortly afterwards... overwriting mine. My one just disappeared, initially I was like huh, but soon figured that he must have overwritten it. Confirmed this once I bumped him off, as the trap disarmed flashed up by that tile. There was little danger of me matching that tile either, as I steered clear of it.

I'm guilty of not reading all the discussion on this character, have the devs talked about whether this overwriting is intended or not? Would be interested to hear the logic if it is intended, or whether it is merely an unintended flaw in design and may be eradicated in the future.

Intersting. Sounds more like a flaw but I can see the logic of allowing DD tiles to be overwritten otherwise those with specials you can place (I.e. Cap) could click on each tile to figure out where the hidden trap tile is since it would be the only tile they can't put their CD move on.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I am aware that it has been mentioned before that characters who spawn special tiles on red can overwrite red Daredevil traps, but has anyone mentioned that this also applies if the opponent is another Daredevil? In a match just now I put a red trap down, only for the AI to put a red trap of their own down shortly afterwards... overwriting mine. My one just disappeared, initially I was like huh, but soon figured that he must have overwritten it. Confirmed this once I bumped him off, as the trap disarmed flashed up by that tile. There was little danger of me matching that tile either, as I steered clear of it.

Intersting. Sounds more like a flaw but I can see the logic of allowing DD tiles to be overwritten otherwise those with specials you can place (I.e. Cap) could click on each tile to figure out where the hidden trap tile is since it would be the only tile they can't put their CD move on.

In cases where you can place specials on any type of tile it wouldn't be an issue, but I can see where you might be able to do some intel with people like Cap (sub cover level 5 for red/blue) or Grey Widow, where special tiles are blocked off. It's actually kind of cool to think of the Widow in that instance, having to go undercover to scope out the traps.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

As I said in the previous thread, Grey Suit Black Widow works for this (to a degree) because you can sometimes layout a 4-chain-in-the-making pointing at the trap. It doesn't always work because there might be too many green/environment/special tiles preventing you from arranging them correctly.
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    On that same note equalizer works pretty well with MN Mags. It's even better vs. enemies like Wolvie, Thor, Ares, and Hulk since they don't need blue but will take a match 4 without hesitation.