Double Shot 2/9/14

Options

Comments

• Opps. Between the elite tourney, lightning rounds and Psylocke I totally forgot about this one. Lol. I will join now and grab some iso and maybe a token. I don't think I have ever joined one this late. Sorry mr. Stark.
  • 2 questions for anyone still up icon_e_smile.gif

1- has anyone been attacked since this new event started today??? cause i havent been attacked once all day and have no need to use a shield

2- currently on 777 points and in 7th place but how come i have not come across anybody with a higher score than me to fight? surely there must be loads out there??
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    lol i havent touched DS today and not even shielded yet im still in the same place i was 12 hours ago, nobody has moved.... in fact ive gained points
    2 questions for anyone still up icon_e_smile.gif

1- has anyone been attacked since this new event started today??? cause i havent been attacked once all day and have no need to use a shield

2- currently on 777 points and in 7th place but how come i have not come across anybody with a higher score than me to fight? surely there must be loads out there??
    We'll trust me if I could see you I'd be whaling on you all damn day. You sitting there a few spots below me like a juicy fat peach with no shield on protecting your 85 wolverine makes me so so hungry for blood but alas, MMR won't let me see you. So you go on with your charmed little life and enjoy life without shields for a little while longer. Pretty soon you'll join the real world.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Psylocke over IM40 anytime of the day! icon_razz.gif
  • 2 questions for anyone still up icon_e_smile.gif

Also the reason you can't find anyone with a higher score is because everyone above you is shielded which makes them drop out of sight (to discourage tanking I believe).
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pushed from about 250 up to 729 tonight (which is first in my bracket) and was attacked only once. I'm currently shielded, but looks like a few other players in my bracket are making a push.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    aussiemac wrote:
    Is no one really playing this event? I'm trying to tank. I have a 15 IM40, 30 Cap, and 47 M.Storm out ready for a beating. Is that not squishy enough?

I'm guessing with the new PvE and Lightning rounds you're not going to see much action until the last few hours.

Did not appreciate all the attention in that last Hood round sir, not that I gave you any room either. The last two times your Doom almost crushed me...

Still only got a Heroic token, dat Moonstone cover.
  • I probably should have just pushed and shielded last night with a 24 hr shield. Tried to do it a little cheaper. I have a bad feeling it might end up being more expensive in the end lol. Dropped a 75 since i started to get a beating and stalled at around 600 and finally dropped down to about 555 before shielding. Hopefully fewer ppl.will be on In 3-4 hours. Was at 619 last night without even trying...bet I could have pushed to 800 without much issue but who knows.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Concurrent LR tanking gave me the push needed to hit 904 before I was spotted by people like RangoFett. Hopefully that should be enough to secure my 4th IW green.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    aussiemac wrote:
    Is no one really playing this event? I'm trying to tank. I have a 15 IM40, 30 Cap, and 47 M.Storm out ready for a beating. Is that not squishy enough?

I'm guessing with the new PvE and Lightning rounds you're not going to see much action until the last few hours.

Shielded overnight in 1st in my bracket with ~950pts, popped my head out from the paraphet this morning on my train journey hoping to crest 1000. I expected there to be little action, but was hit twice by lowlies during a ten minute push (first one within 3 minutes) for a net nil gain.

Shield slapped back on, within a minute someone in the 900s loses a battle to me for a +22 gain. I struggle to understand this game sometimes lol.
  • Shielded at like 750, currently 3rd. #1 has something like 950ish with a level 45 2* roster, which ticks me off a little, but oh well.

I've actually been attacked more being shielded (twice), then I was not (once).
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lol looks like a lot players just stopped trying to beat my #1 (1023), and shielded up in my bracket
  • turul wrote:
    lol looks like a lot players just stopped trying to beat my #1 (1023), and shielded up in my bracket

I dont want IW green icon_e_wink.gif thats easy DD Covers for 150 hp icon_e_biggrin.gif

First def won icon_e_biggrin.gif give me more icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I thought about making a push for the IW, but I'll let you have it this time round icon_e_smile.gif
    Just gonna get the HP reward and shield up.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shielded at 889 as #1...hope this will be enough for my first ever ****
  • shielded at 889 as #1...hope this will be enough for my first ever ****

good luck icon_e_wink.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Yeah I thought about making a push for the IW, but I'll let you have it this time round icon_e_smile.gif

Thankyou for not stressing me icon_e_smile.gif
    btw have you in my queue icon_e_smile.gif
    Also seen Svetlas while he was shielded somehow. He was after 1 skip, than not shown.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haha no problem icon_mrgreen.gif
    Svat looks like he unshielded to get 1k.
    3 of us on 1k. lol what a bracket.
  • turul wrote:
    Twysta wrote:

Thankyou for not stressing me icon_e_smile.gif
    btw have you in my queue icon_e_smile.gif
    Also seen Svetlas while he was shielded somehow. He was after 1 skip, than not shown.

i was always behind you icon_e_smile.gif I wanted to see what makes Twysta. But the third place is ok right now.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Svatlas wrote:
    shielded at 889 as #1...hope this will be enough for my first ever ****

good luck icon_e_wink.gif

thx, though I had to unshield because #2 passed me. shielded again at 910 and seconds later some guy loses to me which gives me another 21 icon_lol.gif

Was a rather quiet grind altoghether, though. I initially only wanted to push for top15 as usual, but when I saw that nobody seems to attack me I went higher...one of the few guys that hit me (other than 2 or so retaliations) was Twysta..