Double Shot 2/9/14

DirigiblePilot
DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
It's Double Shot... again. IM40 is buffed and the loaned version has Unibeam. 2 tournaments, the whole shebang.
Interestingly, the environments are back to Forest, Tech, and City.
The special pack contains a 2* or IM40, and the 5-pack guarantees at least one IM40.

Ranking Rewards:
1: Invisible Woman Green
2-5: Daredevil All
6-15: Daredevil Blue, Purple
16-45: Daredevil Purple
46-75: Daken Black x2, Purple
76-150: Daken Black, Purple
151-200: Daken Purple
201-250: Standard Recruit Token x3
251-300: Standard Recruit Token x2
301-400: Standard Recruit Token
401-500: 250 Iso

Progression Rewards:
25- Standard Recruit Token
50- 500 Iso
100- Stockpile All
200- 250 Iso
300- Double Shot Recruit Token
400- 250 Iso
500- 50 Hero Points
600- 500 Iso
700- Captain America Red
800- 500 Iso
900- 1000 Iso
1000- 50 Hero Points
1100- 1000 Iso
1200- IM40 Blue
1300- 1000 Iso
1400- X-Force Green

Comments

• Finally. Daredevil covers. A tourney worth competing in for me!
  • I can't see many people bothering to shield before 3hrs for this one. Daken after DareDevil? No thanks.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oooh. I'd like the DD covers, not sure how I feel about Daken/Cap booby prizes.

I'd also like a bit more love from the RNG gods on that progression token. I really could use some more IM40 covers.
  • I keep getting suckered into competing in these PvP events. My intention is to only grind to 500 and then tank, but 500 usually puts you in the top 30 or so. So, I say what the hell.
  • Another tournament where IM40 is buffed, just what we needed!
  • Perfect! IW green is the only one I still need, and 3 DD covers to go with it? Time to wheel out 141 IM40 and see if I can't outpace all the 2* MMR ninjas for a change.
  • It does? Bare minimum for the 3 star cover in the Blind Justice tournament that I just finished was 680. Top 5 was over 800.
  • Perfect! IW green is the only one I still need, and 3 DD covers to go with it? Time to wheel out 141 IM40 and see if I can't outpace all the 2* MMR ninjas for a change.

Hope I don't end up in your bracket. Already know I'm in your MMR.

Only got a 121 IM40 over here.
  • hibikir wrote:
    It does? Bare minimum for the 3 star cover in the Blind Justice tournament that I just finished was 680. Top 5 was over 800.

You must've had a rough bracket. I took 6th in mine with 721 points.
  • jozier wrote:
    Perfect! IW green is the only one I still need, and 3 DD covers to go with it? Time to wheel out 141 IM40 and see if I can't outpace all the 2* MMR ninjas for a change.

Poor you! I have a level 93 one, but he is spirited. I want a top 10 spot, and since I didn't do the Elite tourney and finished 4th in daredevil, I'm going to play extra on this one. So the question is, do I bring other guys higher, or just try to push the generally useless Ironman as far as he can go? I like Patch at 100, I don't want to bring him higher, but maybe I should. What do you pro's since the ideal pairing with IM40 is?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmmm... I have a level 80 IM40: hopefully I don't have to pump more iso into him in order to place well: might actually try for DD covers now.
  • Ends in 2 days 8 hours, guess they're trying to mix it up a bit.
  • Feyda
    Feyda Posts: 105
    I had to get 1002 for first place in my DD bracket
  • klingsor wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Perfect! IW green is the only one I still need, and 3 DD covers to go with it? Time to wheel out 141 IM40 and see if I can't outpace all the 2* MMR ninjas for a change.

Poor you! I have a level 93 one, but he is spirited. I want a top 10 spot, and since I didn't do the Elite tourney and finished 4th in daredevil, I'm going to play extra on this one. So the question is, do I bring other guys higher, or just try to push the generally useless Ironman as far as he can go? I like Patch at 100, I don't want to bring him higher, but maybe I should. What do you pro's since the ideal pairing with IM40 is?

Patch is a bit weird in this one to be honest. He's still great don't get me wrong. But his red ability is useless for the most part.
  • Oh. IM40 again, and with no real chance to get more covers for him since last time.

Since there doesn't seem to be any incoming PVE, should I take my L15 one blue cover IM40 on a humiliation parade that ends, at best, with a Daken cover I can sell off? Or should I drop 300 HP on the Elite tourney knowing I'll at least get a 2* cover and some ISO at the end?

Or I could take a day off from MPQ, but who really wants to do that?
  • Great! Looking forward to facing 141 IM40 / 141 C. Spider-Man / 85 Wolverine/OBW/Thor! Not a hint of sarcasm here! Exclamation!
  • Beginning to feel like I'm the only one without a decent IM40. While it would be nice to pick up DD covers, I really need to work on the characters that I already have.
  • klingsor wrote:

Dunno about ideal pairing, but I'm going to go with Patch and Spidey. IM40 will give blue to Spidey and green to Patch. Might sub in Hulk for Spidey on defense from time to time, but buffed IM40 will have plenty of health on his own. Patch's red will get tanked by IM40, but a buffed Unibeam is a fine substitute.
  • I hate this tourny already, before even entering. IM is the only 3* I don't have a single cover for, and my MMR is full of people with 100+ IM.
  • Wolfman wrote:
    I hate this tourny already, before even entering. IM is the only 3* I don't have a single cover for, and my MMR is full of people with 100+ IM.

IIRC After they introduced IM40, they buffed him in like 4-5 consecutive events. So, most everyone poured some ISO into him during that stretch.

He was my first character to get to lvl 90, even though I didn't even like him.