Double Shot 2/9/14

Options

Comments

• Quick warning to anyone using Punisher - the A.I prioritized Retribution over Unibeam even when the enemy had enough AP for either. Both characters were in the low level 100's.

Make sure to swap him out before going on defense.
  • Hm guy in first in my bracket has a nice 100+ 3* roster but he doesn't seem to get hit.
  • my bracket is strange - 819 shielded in first place, and i'm at 626 in second - i think i played on and off for over 3 hrs tonight and was attacked maybe once or twice.

and yeah its funny seeing retribution coming from teams with punisher when their IM could have unibeamed one of my guys cold.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    Top 2 and top 3 in my bracket have a 50+ Thor ... and that´s all.

Meanwhile I´m having a hard time trying to subdue several 100+ IM40s ... and when I see Nemek, Koolbird, Bugpop, Optimates, peanutpanda and similar people on my MMR for the last two weeks, maybe it´s time to rest up because my roster just can handle those monster teams.
  • Kikujiro wrote:
    Top 2 and top 3 in my bracket have a 50+ Thor ... and that´s all.

Meanwhile I´m having a hard time trying to subdue several 100+ IM40s ... and when I see Nemek, Koolbird, Bugpop, Optimates, peanutpanda and similar people on my MMR for the last two weeks, maybe it´s time to rest up because my roster just can handle those monster teams.

Huh? You mean there are guys that don't have a level 100+ IM40 in this tournament? I've been slogging thorugh level 100+ IM40 with my level 43 IM40 since the beginning of this tournament. Why would you even think seeing level 100 IM40+ is a monster team?
  • Man...guy in first in my bracket has 856 points. I'm second at 463.

His MMR must be tanked to hell, because he has 125 Patch, 110 Hulk and 100 IM40
  • jozier wrote:
    Man...guy in first in my bracket has 856 points. I'm second at 463.

His MMR must be tanked to hell, because he has 125 Patch, 110 Hulk and 100 IM40

As far as I can tell once you get up there it's still the same 5 or 6 guys that you're permanently matched up with, so if those 5 or 6 guys are all asleep, it wouldn't be hard to hold your rating for a while. Yes I know occasionally a guy with 50 points will randomly hit you but the bulk of your point losses is still from those regulars in your MMR range. I've been watching the scores of the guys who seems to never get hit with a relatively weak team, and if you wait long enough it does go down again. After all they had to have attacked somebody to get up there in the first place. I think in those cases, the guys in their MMR range simply aren't playing at that time.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    No, I see A LOT of people with 100+ IM40. I can win those if they are paired with, say, OBW, Wolverine, Thor, Punisher, etc ... but it takes me several minutes to take them down, and when you end the match you are losing more points than you are gaining.

By monster teams I mean those of fellow forum members like the ones I mentioned ... 141 IM40, Hulk, Spiderman, GSBW, Patch, etc.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've only been participating fairly casually in this event - that is, burning through some quick matches and just using my health packs rather than prologue-healing - since I'm trying to save up my focus for the next PvE event. That said, I'm currently #22 in my bracket with 440 points (#1 has 740 and the rest of top ten are spread down to about 500, so it seems a little less competitive than some of the brackets reported here). What I am finding very interesting is the very small number of attacks I've been getting.

I'm running 100 Patch, 66 IM40, 67 Hulk. This is exactly the same team I used in Best There Is and I was getting pinged all the time.

Now there is a big difference, I pushed hard at the start of BTI and ended up taking #1, so maybe that's the main contributing factor.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Oh yes. Finally got the 700 pts reward. Cap, you'd better be very useful in incoming PvE events!
    Have at me, I'm easy to beat with no IM 40.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Kikujiro wrote:
    I've tanked my MMR quite low but it seems back on track, I've seen Optimates in my queue today too.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Fell victim to the Cascade-O-Tron against a 10k IM40, MStorm, OBW (MStorm--really?--with a 10k IM40?... is anyone not fighting you?) on the very first volley. Was sitting with opponent holding 10-15 of EVERYTHING. Hailstorm, Unibeam (thanks for draining out Lightning!), and 3x Criticals between the first two rounds, and my meager APs drained not long after that by Recon.

Still pulled it off, with IM40 and Spidey both downed. Gawd I love Patches.

No more teammates? Well, let me introduce you to The Best There Is.

Welcome to the Church of Patches.
  • locked wrote:
    Kikujiro wrote:
    I've tanked my MMR quite low but it seems back on track, I've seen Optimates in my queue today too.

I think that if you see Nemek, Koolbird and bugpop in your queue, there ought to be a button labeled "AutoTank" that pops up. Clicking on it would simply drop your next 50 matches for you.

Hell, I'd even pay 100HP for that feature.
  • Twice now after i got decent cascades and got an extra turn, when i then fired off a power(not a turn ending one) the computer took its turn instead of letting me make a match. Anyone else had this?
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not sure which disturbs me more
    The fact that yet again, the first place in my bracket has only one character over level 40 (but of course multiple **** covers), or the fact that he threw up a 1-day shield on day 2 at 600 points...
  • over_clocked
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    I think that if you see Nemek, Koolbird and bugpop in your queue, there ought to be a button labeled "AutoTank" that pops up. Clicking on it would simply drop your next 50 matches for you.

Hell, I'd even pay 100HP for that feature.
    LMAO!
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Enemy team: oBW 50, Patch 39, IM40 76.
    I'm laughing my behind off, the AI just had a choice between 33 per tile dmg Best there is and 3840 dmg Unibeam.
    It chose to scratch me with Patch. That is, I was only damaged 33 per each green tile, and there weren't many.
    How could this happen? Lol, then I don't have to sacrifice the 15 lvl IM40 dummy, nice.

later edit:
    Last enemy standing, Daken, just used Thorned Rose. SO JEALOUS OF YOUR AP RIGHT NOW, DAKEN.

thumb.png
  • I had two matches where i would have lost, because the enemy team got Wolverine, and a cascade granted him enough red AP for a slash.
    The problem is that the AI prefers waiting for 1 more AP to use level 15 iron man 40 Unibeam

I am sorry for the guys i've played agains and this happend, but i strongly suggest not using Wolverine for this tournament. The AI just wont use the Adamantium Slash.
  • I am sorry for the guys i've played agains and this happend, but i strongly suggest not using Wolverine for this tournament. The AI just wont use the Adamantium Slash.

I've had it use Adamantium slash more than once on the same battle (that was one of those nightmare cascade things), so it's not consistent about this.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Not even sure I can break 300, currently at 78. Beat the 3 seed teams I had queued, 3rd one with a level 3x team. Only been attacked once in 24hours I don't get it...

Every single opponent I can get has a 100+ IM40 and 1-2 141's. While I do not want to add iso to my IM40 he is cover capped at 20. They really need to adjust mmr or reset/tweak it each tourney. Moving from a tourney where I have a buffed 141 to one where i have to use a lvl 20 with the same opponent difficulty level is inane. (patch not DD, many people had to use a low DD at least)