Double Shot 2/9/14

Options

Comments

• reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well I give up trying to get first place. I'm at 779 and first is at 833. I can get only get one matches in my queue even worth 20 points, and that's against lvl 141 IM40, GSBW, and Spidey. By the time I slog through that fight, I'll be hammered by a half-dozen other players. Even the lower-pt totals mainly include lvl 100+ IM40, which means the fight will expose me to outside attacks for too long. I figure I'm safe for top-5, since I have a 100-point cushion between me and sixth place, and four of those five players are shielded.

I am trying to figure out how the players in 9th and 10th place have racked up 625+ points when they don't even have IM40s on their roster. At least four others are sitting in the top 10 with IM40s of lvl 24 or lower.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Svatlas wrote:
    shielded at 889 as #1...hope this will be enough for my first ever ****

good luck icon_e_wink.gif

thx, though I had to unshield because #2 passed me. shielded again at 910 and seconds later some guy loses to me which gives me another 21 icon_lol.gif

Was a rather quiet grind altoghether, though. I initially only wanted to push for top15 as usual, but when I saw that nobody seems to attack me I went higher...one of the few guys that hit me (other than 2 or so retaliations) was Twysta..

Whoops, sorry chief, must've done it in my frenzy to get to 1k and throw my shield up in time for the 1k mark. I'm shielded so feel free to retaliate.
    Svatlas wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    Yeah I thought about making a push for the IW, but I'll let you have it this time round icon_e_smile.gif
    Just gonna get the HP reward and shield up.

Thankyou for not stressing me icon_e_smile.gif
    btw have you in my queue icon_e_smile.gif
    Also seen Svetlas while he was shielded somehow. He was after 1 skip, than not shown.

i was always behind you icon_e_smile.gif I wanted to see what makes Twysta. But the third place is ok right now.

I wanted the 1k progression reward icon_e_smile.gif
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Whoops, sorry chief, must've done it in my frenzy to get to 1k and throw my shield up in time for the 1k mark. I'm shielded so feel free to retaliate.

no problem icon_e_smile.gif I'm shielded now too, so no retaliation, besides your team outranks mine by quite a stretch so retaliation would be very costly icon_e_smile.gif
  • Twysta
    Options
    G'luck on getting Susan!
  • NighteyesGrisu
    Options
    gah, no such luck today it seems...Bonfire unshielded and pushed past me again
  • gah, no such luck today it seems...Bonfire unshielded and pushed past me again

dont worry:) maybe you get 3 nice dd covers. the 4stars are not important. to expensice and useless at the moment. There are many other nice hero you can use it better.
  • Twysta
    Options
    Yeah you got plenty of time to get covers for her.
    I don't even have the ISO to level her anyway.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am trying to figure out how the players in 9th and 10th place have racked up 625+ points when they don't even have IM40s on their roster. At least four others are sitting in the top 10 with IM40s of lvl 24 or lower.

@ 673/14th place right now and no IM40 icon_e_wink.gif apparently there's lots of people without IM40 since I am skipping anyone with IM40 over lvl 15... not pleasant but doable... out of health packs now so prolly going to get pounded into ~50th place soon
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    I really miss the tanking :/
    Most of the teams I can fight against are on a way higher lvl than mine icon_e_sad.gif
    Any idea what I can do now? O.o
  • If I turn up as a match please attack me - I wanted to knock my place down below 200 since I don't need the 2* covers, and when I left for work I was at about 160th. I can't retaliate anyway before the thing's over, so you're safe.
  • nihilium wrote:
    I really miss the tanking :/
    Most of the teams I can fight against are on a way higher lvl than mine icon_e_sad.gif
    Any idea what I can do now? O.o

grind all seed team in LR and with the last match put out your tank team icon_e_wink.gif and the same with the next tournament. Go always up and down.
  • Hell yeah... with only lv89 IM40 i manage rise from 300 all the way to 700.. shield up and in top 15... i wish i can go further but already receiving mass retaliation from lower roster player icon_razz.gif
    so i dun wan get greedy till even top 15 also cannot earn hehe
  • NighteyesGrisu
    Options
    Twysta wrote:

the main reason I want her is that some PVE missions require her. I hate not being able to play mission icon_e_smile.gif

I decided to risk unshielding and make a last minute push (wasn't that big a risk since I got a cushion of 150 points to rank 6). Managed to push past him just barely (don't you hate that the number of points it says you got after the match almost always isn't the number you actually get?), so IW is now mind icon_e_biggrin.gif

goodbye yelena, your slot is needed
  • The last few minutes of this tourney are brutal and you have to be lucky to be in the best position and then sit it out if you can, otherwise you'll be really mad and end up at a loss if you unshield and try to nab top spot as one guy in my bracket tried to do. He got dragged down several places before finally settling in 3rd behind me. My shield expired with 20 minutes on the clock and I thought, no don't try it and I put a 3hr shield in place and decided to sit it out.

I think I ended up with 3 DD covers from top 5 finish so not too bad overall. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • This is ridiculous, after 1 battle I got hit by 6 people at the same time and lost 150 points.
    Dropped to top 15, but I haven't spent any HPs and I am not that interested in daredevil covers.
  • Twysta wrote:

the main reason I want her is that some PVE missions require her. I hate not being able to play mission icon_e_smile.gif

I decided to risk unshielding and make a last minute push (wasn't that big a risk since I got a cushion of 150 points to rank 6). Managed to push past him just barely (don't you hate that the number of points it says you got after the match almost always isn't the number you actually get?), so IW is now mind icon_e_biggrin.gif

goodbye yelena, your slot is needed

I'm considering selling my Yelena slot for DD but you know what will happen, they'll do a mission and you'll need her to do a mission and not have her icon_e_smile.gif
  • I racked up a score of 850 yesterday and then popped a shield, thinking that would be enough of a winning score based on the last few events. Glanced down at my phone with 20 minutes to go and had been overtaken and pushed down to 3rd, then had to make a frantic push for the 1000 mark. I think I just pipped first but still waiting for confirmation from the rewards!
  • The 1st place of my bracket had over 1100 points, I was 6th with 960 something , made a push to 5th and got it over Nemek ,but he unshielded on the last 3 minutes and passed me again ,he was beating me by 19 points, I unshielded again and found a quick 20 point match, after I won the tourney was over, I ended with 989 points and still missed the top 5 and the red DD cover icon_e_sad.gif
  • NighteyesGrisu
    Options
    JusticeB wrote:
    I'm considering selling my Yelena slot for DD but you know what will happen, they'll do a mission and you'll need her to do a mission and not have her icon_e_smile.gif

And then all the standard tokens that usually shower you with yelenas will only yield hawkeyes icon_e_wink.gif

in any case, decided to keep her and invest some HP into another slot...what can I say? I have a soft heart icon_e_smile.gif
  • Purple and Blue DD here.....