Double Shot 2/9/14

Options

Comments

• Nemek wrote:
    The 1st place of my bracket had over 1100 points, I was 6th with 960 something , made a push to 5th and got it over Nemek ,but he unshielded on the last 3 minutes and passed me again ,he was beating me by 19 points, I unshielded again and found a quick 20 point match, after I won the tourney was over, I ended with 989 points and still missed the top 5 and the red DD cover icon_e_sad.gif

Ah that was you! I sat there refreshing those last 30 seconds just hoping you didn't finish that match on time.

I had lost track of time and actually had to retreat out of a simulator match when there was 3 mins left and frantically got that last fight in.

We were in a pretty crummy bracket with I think 3 people over 1100...

Yeah I got the win but missed the end of the tourney by a few seconds, for a moment there I thought I had you. icon_e_biggrin.gif

And yeah that bracket was crazy, this one guy showed up and got all the way to 3rd bumping me to 6th, he stayed unshielded and nobody touched him, when I looked at his roster he was running a 141 spidey with a 141 gsbw and a 64 im40, that's why nobody touched him
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:

Looks like the Elite style shield/break shield/cram matches/shield routine is now required to do well in standard events too. I had pretty comfortably won a couple of recent brackets with an early morning push one day out/full day shield, but no such luck this time. Still, top 5, that was the main aim before the event and net 400hp cost for three 3* covers is decent enough.

Really depends on the bracket you get into: I was able to get first with 908 points while only using a single 8 hour shield.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Currently in MMR Heaven in this tournament...
  • Bagman Team up after beating the seed team, have at me.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finally won my first double shot yesterday and my first 4* card icon_e_biggrin.gif

Not that it didn't come at a cost. My biggest threat was a low MMR guy who admittedly had a lvl 90+ Mk.40 who remained unshielded and relatively untouched in the 800+ range. Meanwhile my relatively squishy lvl 69 Mk.40 was getting gangbanged every time I was unshielded - you know your MMR is borked when you're match made with walkyourpath...

Going to continue tanking the LRs and focus on the PVE while I take a breather from what was a very anxious round of double shot.
  • kidicarus wrote:
    Finally won my first double shot yesterday and my first 4* card icon_e_biggrin.gif

Not that it didn't come at a cost. My biggest threat was a low MMR guy who admittedly had a lvl 90+ Mk.40 who remained unshielded and relatively untouched in the 800+ range. Meanwhile my relatively squishy lvl 69 Mk.40 was getting gangbanged every time I was unshielded - you know your MMR is borked when you're match made with walkyourpath...

Going to continue tanking the LRs and focus on the PVE while I take a breather from what was a very anxious round of double shot.

Congrats! I luckily landed in a much softer bracket for round 2 - the last round I had to burn way too many shields, while weaker rosters ran unshielded for most of the tourney. I'm sure the Simulator effect is impacting Round 2 just like it did the end of Round 1. Just need to pick up the win here to close out my IW, and then figure out some sort of ISO Ponzi scheme to get enough ISO to actually max her (I've been giving her a level for every 3 I give Patch).
  • I also won my bracket in round 1, my first bracket win (had a few top 5s but never enough to get over the hump). Now I have an IW I won't use for a while, hooray! But on the plus side, a ton of Daredevil covers.

Finally cracked and joined a bracket today, top guy was at 350, i jumped up to 425+ within a little bit. Gonna try not shielding much this time, also there's only a day and change left in the tourney. You guys were right, joining late is a good idea.
  • I'm trying to grind up to 300 for the token but my mmr is apparently terrible, and - especially given that my IM40 is 18th level - this is really reminding me why I like PVE about a billion times more than PVP.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm trying to grind up to 300 for the token but my mmr is apparently terrible, and - especially given that my IM40 is 18th level - this is really reminding me why I like PVE about a billion times more than PVP.

I am planning to do the same thing...I have recently noticed that my mmr is a little high, I tried to tank with the LR's...hopefully it worked a little bit. I also agree on the PVE vs PVP...PVP had me burnt out this past week.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:

Congrats! I luckily landed in a much softer bracket for round 2 - the last round I had to burn way too many shields, while weaker rosters ran unshielded for most of the tourney. I'm sure the Simulator effect is impacting Round 2 just like it did the end of Round 1. Just need to pick up the win here to close out my IW, and then figure out some sort of ISO Ponzi scheme to get enough ISO to actually max her (I've been giving her a level for every 3 I give Patch).

I've had a great run in my 2nd bracket. I hit the seed teams, then only one or two matches at a time and currently on no retaliations. Was just starting to think, "maybe I can take a shot for the top" - check the leaderboard and walkyourpath is sitting at the top. Well, you're far enough out of my reach. Looks like you're a lock for your last IW cover, so pre-emptive grats.
  • Ugg, just joined a bracket and the top was already at 750+ and also had nemek in it unshielded at 400+. Maaaaan. Not sure its worth using a shield to try for top 5 this time. I don't even like dd lol.
  • Ugg, just joined a bracket and the top was already at 750+ and also had nemek in it unshielded at 400+. Maaaaan. Not sure its worth using a shield to try for top 5 this time. I don't even like dd lol.

Its very quite at the moment. iam at 613 (unshielded) first place and nothing happens. 1 attack in 9 hours. I think thats easy DD covers again. try your luck, you have nothing to lose.
  • your just above me svatlas, but I wont be pushing that hard all i really need is DD blue. Was quite a easy run yesterday not much competition has signed up to this pvp
  • beemand2g wrote:
    your just above me svatlas, but I wont be pushing that hard all i really need is DD blue. Was quite a easy run yesterday not much competition has signed up to this pvp

Hi Bee icon_e_smile.gif.I need all DD covers, IW no thanks^^. Are you in the MMR hell or why do you use shields?:) Your roster looks good.
  • I got up to 613 yesterday just to get some ISO for the PVE, then realised I was top so shielded for 24hrs to concentrate on the PVE. I needed to do more tanking to have favourable conditions as my mmr. All I am seeing is 141 teams. I expect a flurry nearer the end but hoping a few players will be tapped out of resources from the simulator.
  • beemand2g wrote:
    I got up to 613 yesterday just to get some ISO for the PVE, then realised I was top so shielded for 24hrs to concentrate on the PVE. I needed to do more tanking to have favourable conditions as my mmr. All I am seeing is 141 teams. I expect a flurry nearer the end but hoping a few players will be tapped out of resources from the simulator.

ok icon_e_smile.gif i tanked the last 5 days but not this tournament. lr and the first round Double shot was perfect for it. The next tournament i will going again up and down and my mmr is always in the middle or less (75lvl). Try to set a tank team and you can go quickly up and down. one fight with full boost and your 110lvl im40 will do the rest^^
  • So during my time playing this game I pulled 5 IM40 covers... and they were all red... talk about luck, huh? So now my IM40 is 5/0/0
  • PandaCore wrote:
    So during my time playing this game I pulled 5 IM40 covers... and they were all red... talk about luck, huh? So now my IM40 is 5/0/0

if be best if you got as least 1 or 2 yellow... those are the main generator ap of IM40 for both of his red and blue....

We joined the same bracket.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    #1 was at 859; got to 880 and then shielded. Immediately after hitting the button, checked the leaderboard and my score is 839.

Fuckinfuckityfuck