Double Shot 2/9/14

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    My bracket leader has over 1k points. Shame no IM40 from Double Shot token, got ** Magneto purple. At least maxed that now. I think earlier heroic token was ** Magneto red so overall been Magneto day.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    I've had a great run in my 2nd bracket. I hit the seed teams, then only one or two matches at a time and currently on no retaliations. Was just starting to think, "maybe I can take a shot for the top" - check the leaderboard and walkyourpath is sitting at the top. Well, you're far enough out of my reach. Looks like you're a lock for your last IW cover, so pre-emptive grats.

We'll see if I can ride this shield out through the end or not. I'm ready to break shield if I have to, but hoping that my cushion is enough to dissuade anyone planning a late push for 1st. Top 5 is already shielded, so you could easily make a run for Top 5 or definitely top 15 for some DD covers. Happy hunting!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Ugg, just joined a bracket and the top was already at 750+ and also had nemek in it unshielded at 400+. Maaaaan. Not sure its worth using a shield to try for top 5 this time. I don't even like dd lol.

We joined the same bracket.

Yeahhhhh, I saw jozier in the bracket on my way up. Wasn't happy to see that.
  • Nemek wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Ugg, just joined a bracket and the top was already at 750+ and also had nemek in it unshielded at 400+. Maaaaan. Not sure its worth using a shield to try for top 5 this time. I don't even like dd lol.

We joined the same bracket.

Yeahhhhh, I saw jozier in the bracket on my way up. Wasn't happy to see that.

You were well ahead of me when I joined. I'm only gunning for top 5 anyway, just want more DD covers. But it's fairly shielded now which is annoying.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A good number of forum members are joining this tourney this morning, apparently. I managed to avoid Nemek, jozier, and sonottelling's bracket, but TheUnwiseOne is in my bracket's top ten.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    A good number of forum members are joining this tourney this morning, apparently. I managed to avoid Nemek, jozier, and sonottelling's bracket, but TheUnwiseOne is in my bracket's top ten.

And that's why I'm waiting until this evening, or possibly even tomorrow morning, to join mine.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

And that's why I'm waiting until this evening, or possibly even tomorrow morning, to join mine.

Err this tournament ends in like 10 hours.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

Shhhhh... Jokes on him icon_lol.gif

I've just climbed 5 places from 11th to 6th without even playing the last few hours. No defensive wins either.
    Just people losing points! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • jozier wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

When does it end? I assumed it would go two days like the other one - if it ends tonight I"ll just do the one round, starting as late as I can.

EDIT: Just realized I thought we were talking about the new subs in the training. Too many tabs open at once, I guess.
  • mags1587 wrote:

I joined the morning before. Pretty glad I did, on this evidence...

The only person I recognised in my bracket is locked, although after a decent start they appear to have faded. Shielded up in first with 920, about a 150 lead. Wondering whether I should be charitable and give the IW cover to someone who wants/needs it icon_question.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got into mischiefmaker's bracket, with earlofevil (who I see a lot, hmm...) leading my bracket. I think I'm going to start joining at random times from now on closer to the tournament start to avoid people.
  • Svatlas, you can rest easy, I am done for this event may break my shield to hold onto placement but looks like that top spot is yours.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:

I joined the morning before. Pretty glad I did, on this evidence...

The only person I recognised in my bracket is locked, although after a decent start they appear to have faded. Shielded up in first with 920, about a 150 lead. Wondering whether I should be charitable and give the IW cover to someone who wants/needs it icon_question.gif

It's valentine's day...cruel and ruthless is the way to go. Lol. I might just be grumpy cuz I got a cavity filled 2 days ago and its sensitive/bruised/sensitive to sweets. I turned down fudge....I TURNED DOWN FUDGE!!!! KILL THEM ALL!!!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You keep coming up on my attack queue unwise icon_razz.gif
  • Incidentally, if anyone comes across my team, feel free to attack. I got my token this morning (Blue IM40 - now he's and UNSTAPPABLE 1/2/0!) and there's enough other things going on I'm going to ignore this for the rest of the time.
  • beemand2g wrote:
    Svatlas, you can rest easy, I am done for this event may break my shield to hold onto placement but looks like that top spot is yours.

thats my last turn icon_e_smile.gif Its to late here and iam tired....but i think the score is enough for the DD covers or maybe IW.
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Options
    Curse you clintman icon_e_smile.gif

Honestly, I don't mind too much as long as I am in the top 5.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Top of my bracket is up to 821 already and half of the top 10 is shielded. I'm glad I'm just in this one for the HP. Got up to 500 for the 50-HP reward and now I just need to stay in the top 45.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    I've been jostling for first with this one guy; he's at 937 and i'm at 958. His best possible team is 85 Wolvie / 66 OBW / 25 IM40 with the only covers being two yellows.

LET ME **** HIT HIM WHEN HE UNSHIELDS

I'm rocking 90 IM40/90 Hulk/95 Patch and yet the game won't let me unceremonially drag my nuts across his face.

The one frustrating thing is that I have to fight teams like 120 Mags/105 IM40/85 OBW and he's probably fighting **** like 15 IM40/60 Thor/50 CStorm, yet we both are getting 70/140 ISO

scale that ****
  • Kelbris wrote:
    I've been jostling for first with this one guy; he's at 937 and i'm at 958. His best possible team is 85 Wolvie / 66 OBW / 25 IM40 with the only covers being two yellows.

LET ME tinykitty HIT HIM WHEN HE UNSHIELDS

I'm rocking 90 IM40/90 Hulk/95 Patch and yet the game won't let me unceremonially drag my nuts across his face.

The one frustrating thing is that I have to fight teams like 120 Mags/105 IM40/85 OBW and he's probably fighting tinykitty like 15 IM40/60 Thor/50 CStorm, yet we both are getting 70/140 ISO

scale that tinykitty

Hmm that's actually a great idea, people with higher MMR rating should get more ISO per fight. After all, we are fighting harder people and also we require more ISO to progress.