Double Shot 2/9/14

Comments

• Barely tried in this 1. Got an easy bracket and I'm gonna secure 1 Daredevil and 100hp off about 2 hours of play and 75hp shield.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    TheUnwiseOne, when I look at the top 10 you're in 5th place with 709 points, ahead of Advilnight, also with 709 points. Did someone drop further down?

n/m, just saw your edit. icon_e_smile.gif

yep, that guy was doing so well too lol oh well i'll take his red DD cover icon_e_smile.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Am I good or am i good icon_e_wink.gif. JK, I'm glad it worked out! I hit you as soon as you said your shield expired in 4 minutes. I think I beat Earl with that last push: he was on me until the end though.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Barely tried in this 1. Got an easy bracket and I'm gonna secure 1 Daredevil and 100hp off about 2 hours of play and 75hp shield.

same here- no hp cost- just started playing 2 hours ago - no shield

I guess people are busy with the PVE tourney
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    1038 points and only good enough for 2nd. sigh... I think Spencer75 wanted IW more than I did - his willingness to spend HP on shields put me off trying to catch up with him - I'll just chalk this down to a learning experience on making pushes, the art of shielding and the tanking metagame.
  • P.S. Omg IM40 sucks so bad even boosted. Mine is a 4/3/5 lvl 65. My 1st 3* I ever levelled up from noob days. Soooo worthless. Maybe with 5 blue I could see him MAYBE having a TINY bit of use but he's sooooo bad.
  • P.S. Omg IM40 sucks so bad even boosted. Mine is a 4/3/5 lvl 65. My 1st 3* I ever levelled up from noob days. Soooo worthless. Maybe with 5 blue I could see him MAYBE having a TINY bit of use but he's sooooo bad.

he still sucks with 5 blue
  • NorthernPolarity
    P.S. Omg IM40 sucks so bad even boosted. Mine is a 4/3/5 lvl 65. My 1st 3* I ever levelled up from noob days. Soooo worthless. Maybe with 5 blue I could see him MAYBE having a TINY bit of use but he's sooooo bad.

Think you screwed yourself over going 5 yellow. At least he's somewhat tanky, so hes got that going for him.
  • Ugh Nemek that bracket. The top 14 were shielded except 8 and 3. I was 15th for the last 20 minutes, losing a fight and winning a fight every 2-3 minutes. Hopefully I hung on to at least 15.

Think you screwed yourself over going 5 yellow. At least he's somewhat tanky, so hes got that going for him.

Yeah I know I did. That was my point from the made him when I was a noob. Hehe. But is just can't believe he wasn't on that balancing list. I'll fight for him til the day I quit or he gets fixed. Lol
  • IM40 isn't terrible boosted. He has a crapload of health, his match 3s hit like a truck and unibeam is a one hit kill on most characters except a boosted version of himself.
  • doneskis wrote:
    P.S. Omg IM40 sucks so bad even boosted. Mine is a 4/3/5 lvl 65. My 1st 3* I ever levelled up from noob days. Soooo worthless. Maybe with 5 blue I could see him MAYBE having a TINY bit of use but he's sooooo bad.

Probably going to respec mine from 5/5/3 to 5/4/4. I think I've used his blue twice since I got him and I've had him since he debuted as a prize in whatever pve event.
  • NorthernPolarity
    edited February 2014
    I'm also really liking what d3 did with the +3 all boosts. Making them a progression reward gives you just enough to be able to use them sparingly and at times of strategic need: they greatly helped me get (hopefully first), since that first Punisher judgement is essential for speedy kills.

And... there is my 5th IW green cover! Yay for not needing to care about green IWs anymore. And I guess a useless 4/3/4 Punisher as well, sigh. Guess I can max him out hopefully with the Nefarious Foes tournament, although I don't see why I'd want to given how medicre/inflexible he is...
  • jozier wrote:
    IM40 isn't terrible boosted. He has a crapload of health, his match 3s hit like a truck and unibeam is a one hit kill on most characters except a boosted version of himself.

*isnt terrible*
    *boosted*

Boosted makes him almost average by those statements. Hehe. That's a problem. Most covers are awesome boosted except like Loki and others who's powers don't really scale.

I could see him with 5 blue and 5 red paired with 2* magneto and OBW.
    That way his boosted blue could rock house. Other than that he's a benchwarmer / punching bag.
  • doneskis wrote:

Probably going to respec mine from 5/5/3 to 5/4/4. I think I've used his blue twice since I got him and I've had him since he debuted as a prize in whatever pve event.

yeah i think i'm going with 5/4/4 to with him....currently 5/4/3
  • I'm also really liking what d3 did with the +3 all boosts. Making them a progression reward gives you just enough to be able to use them sparingly and at times of strategic need: they greatly helped me get (hopefully first), since that first Punisher judgement is essential for speedy kills.

And... there is my 5th IW green cover! Yay for not needing to care about green IWs anymore. And I guess a useless 4/3/4 Punisher as well, sigh. Guess I can max him out hopefully with the Nefarious Foes tournament, although I don't see why I'd want to given how medicre/inflexible he is...

I would say 80%-90% of their changes work out for the better. Their timing And communication is what has been lacking.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Joined last night, got up to 300. Today got up to 700 with under 6 hours to go, which was 1st place, and shielded for 3 hours. Someone else jumped me to mid 750s, putting me in 2nd. Then around 2-3 hours left I made my move to 777 and got my first 1st place and first IW cover. Go Me!

My team was 115 Patch (434, cover maxed), 86 Spidey (553), and 53 IM40 (321).
  • doneskis wrote:
    yeah i think i'm going with 5/4/4 to with him....currently 5/4/3

I think the only reason to go 5 in blue is if you're keeping yellow at 2. Otherwise there is barely any drawback from raising yellow to 4 instead of 3.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the end I managed to make a push up into top 15 for only 75hp spent on shields.

Team for most of this tournament was 100 Patch/ 66 IM40/ 79 Hulk (I picked up an IM40 cover from the 300 reward token, and leveled him to 71 before my final push). What I find interesting is this is the same team I used in the Wolvie tourney. There I was attacked constantly, but this time around I wasn't hit at all over the 2 days.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Joining late really does sound like the way to go to win brackets with low scores!
    I get bored though and always join pretty early and farm for some ISO.