Double Shot 2/9/14

Options

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What sort of points are you guys seeing to land in the top 45? I'm currently in 211th place with 207 points. 10th place in my tournament has 655 points, so I'm curious as to what the bottom of the top 45 points might look like. I guess there's no way to scroll the ranks or look at a specific ranking?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm currently 41st with 370 points.
  • I'm 1st w/701 in my bracket.
  • It does start to het a little depressing constantly seeing ppl.with bad rosters in first place in most brackets. Some, sure, but I don't think I've seen someone with a single cover over 100 in first place in a bracket in weeks. It's sad because if thors ppl are smart.they will collect covers. Never level them., and just constantly profit from a broken mmr system. I kinda hope they do in a way so that d3 HAS to change it. Something had to be done I suppose to make sure ppl that are newish can do well still...buti don't think this is the way to do that.

O well. That aside....I COULD push one shield at a time for a red dd cover...but I feel I will be getting SO many chances for a cover on a character I don't even want to use that its a waste of my hp.

@maggotbreath

When did you start your bracket? Just curious.
  • Currently sitting in 6th spot in my bracket about 200 points from dropping outta the top 15. my question is, with 10 minutes to go should i play 2 matches and hope nobody attacks me during that time to get the 3rd DD cover??? cant see me losing over 200 points in 10 minutes... its very tempting.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You came up on my queue a lot while I was climbing.

But back to point... DON'T DO ITTTTTT.
  • I started around noon yesterday and am currently in first with 680. Definitely still need the top and second tier prizes so I'm pleased. I love when the top of the leaderboard is around 600 because that "no need to shield" zone ends around there so you can sit and don't have to push until the very end then pop shield once. I'm seeing the same thing in my bracket, a bunch of roosters still running mwidow and MStorm, maybe with a Thor or wolverine.

I hope they do the same thing with Psylocke that they've done recently with patch and daredevil, in making her a tourney reward several times in a row. This win will bring DD to 3/3/4 for me, pretty close to maxed covers for a new character. I like it.
  • Twysta wrote:
    You came up on my queue a lot while I was climbing.

But back to point... DON'T DO ITTTTTT.

Yeah same as mine, kept skipping you as im kind...and your team is better
  • Twysta
    Options
    Yeah I skipped everyone I recognized from the forum, 'cause I'm nice like that.
    I should probably check when you folks are shielded though so I can queue you up for free points.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta, you're shielded right? Earl's making a push...
  • I started around noon yesterday and am currently in first with 680. Definitely still need the top and second tier prizes so I'm pleased. I love when the top of the leaderboard is around 600 because that "no need to shield" zone ends around there so you can sit and don't have to push until the very end then pop shield once. I'm seeing the same thing in my bracket, a bunch of roosters still running mwidow and MStorm, maybe with a Thor or wolverine.

I hope they do the same thing with Psylocke that they've done recently with patch and daredevil, in making her a tourney reward several times in a row. This win will bring DD to 3/3/4 for me, pretty close to maxed covers for a new character. I like it.

Or they could make it Like patches where everyone and thier mom has 30+ covers of him and some decide to be cheeky and build a second one for no reason lol. I'd be mostly done with a 3rd if I hadn't sold them all... Same deal with punisher.
  • Twysta
    Options

I'm shielded for the next 10 mins, hit me now if you're gonna.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta wrote:

I'm shielded for the next 10 mins, hit me now if you're gonna.

I guess I should be asking if you were going to unshield anytime soon: I wanted to save you for last to surprise that Earl guy: you're a sweet 27 points for me right now.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The guy 4 points above me on 713 points is not shielded, has 8 covers, the highest been a 49 Wolverine....OH MMR

EDIT: the vultures finally have him....5th is mine lol
  • @maggotbreath

When did you start your bracket? Just curious.

I believe I started yesterday around 1500 PST. It was somewhere around there.

Or they could make it Like patches where everyone and thier mom has 30+ covers of him and some decide to be cheeky and build a second one for no reason lol. I'd be mostly done with a 3rd if I hadn't sold them all... Same deal with punisher.
    yep I'm okay with that though. There's actually something to running two different versions of patch, as the all out offense version and the maxed heal version play pretty significantly differently
  • Twysta
    Options
    I shielded a few mins earlier than I wanted to to save MerC from taking more points from me so my shield expires like 3 mins from the end of the tourney...
    If people have me queued like you... I could be trouble icon_cry.gif
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TheUnwiseOne, when I look at the top 10 you're in 5th place with 709 points, ahead of Advilnight, also with 709 points. Did someone drop further down?

n/m, just saw your edit. icon_e_smile.gif

yep I'm okay with that though. There's actually something to running two different versions of patch, as the all out offense version and the maxed heal version play pretty significantly differently

If ISO wasn't a thing, I would agree with you. Since it is...there is basically nobody worth having a second of. ISO starvaaation.
  • Twysta
    Options
    That timing dude, my shield expires in less than a min xD