Double Shot 2/9/14

Options

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    doneskis wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    I've been jostling for first with this one guy; he's at 937 and i'm at 958. His best possible team is 85 Wolvie / 66 OBW / 25 IM40 with the only covers being two yellows.

LET ME tinykitty HIT HIM WHEN HE UNSHIELDS

I'm rocking 90 IM40/90 Hulk/95 Patch and yet the game won't let me unceremonially drag my nuts across his face.

The one frustrating thing is that I have to fight teams like 120 Mags/105 IM40/85 OBW and he's probably fighting tinykitty like 15 IM40/60 Thor/50 CStorm, yet we both are getting 70/140 ISO

scale that tinykitty

Hmm that's actually a great idea, people with higher MMR rating should get more ISO per fight. After all, we are fighting harder people and also we require more ISO to progress.

I was thinking more along the lines of the levels of the people you're fighting. I mean ****, I kept seeing TheLadder and someone else with 141s, and ****, I'll take a shot at that if I'd get 400-500 ISO. The battle is going to take twice as much effort.
  • He Roya PQ, if that's you in my bracket, I know you need the IW green so I shielded last night before I overtook you. I just want top 5 so I am not looking to stealthy overtake at last second and dont plan to unshielded unless I fall out of top 5.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    I've been jostling for first with this one guy; he's at 937 and i'm at 958. His best possible team is 85 Wolvie / 66 OBW / 25 IM40 with the only covers being two yellows.

I'm rocking 90 IM40/90 Hulk/95 Patch and yet the game won't let me unceremonially drag my nuts across his face.

The one frustrating thing is that I have to fight teams like 120 Mags/105 IM40/85 OBW and he's probably fighting tinykitty like 15 IM40/60 Thor/50 CStorm, yet we both are getting 70/140 ISO

scale that tinykitty

Hmm that's actually a great idea, people with higher MMR rating should get more ISO per fight. After all, we are fighting harder people and also we require more ISO to progress.

I was thinking more along the lines of the levels of the people you're fighting. I mean tinykitty, I kept seeing TheLadder and someone else with 141s, and tinykitty, I'll take a shot at that if I'd get 400-500 ISO. The battle is going to take twice as much effort.

That works too, but highly doubt it will be implemented. Game favors tanking and having **** rosters.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shielded at 943. Come at me earlofevil (881 points in second)!
  • Shielded at 943. Come at me earlofevil (881 points in second)!

Is earl shielded?
  • Kelbris wrote:
    doneskis wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

scale that tinykitty

I was thinking more along the lines of the levels of the people you're fighting. I mean tinykitty, I kept seeing TheLadder and someone else with 141s, and tinykitty, I'll take a shot at that if I'd get 400-500 ISO. The battle is going to take twice as much effort.

Hmm, yeah I saw you a ton of times in matchmaking this morning. Had you queued a couple times but passed it up as a juicier target came up lol

Someone was making a charge in my bracket just now, similar scenario to yours. Managed to find them in my queue, think the beer has hit me as I unshielded, bashed them, then shield up again. They've shielded now lol.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Are you just called Polarity in game? If so you came up a few times on my queue.
    Some guy called MerC has attacked me 4 times for like 150 points. Twice while I was shielded. I had to shield early just to stop him spam attacking me and knocking me off first.

Shielded in first for 946 points now.
  • The Ladder wrote:

Someone was making a charge in my bracket just now, similar scenario to yours. Managed to find them in my queue, think the beer has hit me as I unshielded, bashed them, then shield up again. They've shielded now lol.

There is no win sweeter than unshielding for the + 23 to you/-23 to them when someone is charging on your position late in a tourney, then popping that 3 hr. back up. It's so demoralizing, and it usually puts the nail in their coffin. Best one I saw was Nemek down the stretch of the first elite tourney to lock up his 5K HP when marvelben tried an 11th hour charge. Poetry.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Twysta wrote:

Are you just called Polarity in game? If so you came up a few times on my queue.
    Some guy called MerC has attacked me 4 times for like 150 points. Twice while I was shielded. I had to shield early just to stop him spam attacking me and knocking me off first.

Shielded in first for 946 points now.

Yeah, I saw you too. I was still seeing 85 widow/wolvie teams so was going for that. I have you queued up in case earl makes a push: you're worth 27 points right now.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    doneskis wrote:

Is earl shielded?

He's shielded.
  • doneskis wrote:

Is earl shielded?

He's shielded.

Hmm ok I guess i'll hit him for no chance at relataliation
  • The Ladder wrote:

There is no win sweeter than unshielding for the + 23 to you/-23 to them when someone is charging on your position late in a tourney, then popping that 3 hr. back up. It's so demoralizing, and it usually puts the nail in their coffin. Best one I saw was Nemek down the stretch of the first elite tourney to lock up his 5K HP when marvelben tried an 11th hour charge. Poetry.

Definitely. Wasn't really sure why I was doing it at first, but got pipped in round 1 and guess I don't like losing too often.

I have to say, I'm glad I haven't been drawn into either elite event. You guys are nuts, the amount of commitment (and strategy) required. Big fish, small pond and all that.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    doneskis wrote:
    doneskis wrote:

Is earl shielded?

He's shielded.

Hmm ok I guess i'll hit him for no chance at relataliation

Just try not to lose to him icon_e_wink.gif don't want to be giving him free points.
  • The Ladder wrote:

Thats a net loss of 100HP if its second set of shields!
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Second place was at 937 when I shielded at 958, and now he's at 903 c:

"I'm gonna make another run for first!" NOPE
  • @Pichsterz How badly do you want first?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just got a message saying I won +0 points from a guy with 0 points while I'm on 946 and shielded?
    It was a blue message screen as well as opposed to the white shield one.
    This has me worried.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't worry. Sounds like someone just entering the tourney attacked you and lost.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It was less than one minutes left then it added an hour Waaaat?
  • So, because I don't really care about DD I haven't invested really anything in this tourney. Got up to after 15 hours or so and decided to stop. Got done with a refresh on simulator, realized I had some easy fights in Double Shot. Next thing I know i'm in first. 43 minutes left, lets see how this plays out. Just want to say I finally placed first in a tourney.

Though because I don't care, am I a jerk for taking rewards from people who may want them?