Double Shot 2/9/14

Options

Comments

• Woop finished 4th, DD is now 3/2/3.
  • JusticeB wrote:
    I'm considering selling my Yelena slot for DD but you know what will happen, they'll do a mission and you'll need her to do a mission and not have her icon_e_smile.gif

how about not selling it and buy another slot instead? XD
    currently i got 45 slot and continue to buy more if i got hp to spare... gonna keep some for shielding in the future :3
  • jozier wrote:
    Woop finished 4th, DD is now 3/2/3.

what build you are going?
    i going for 4/4/5 build... coz blue lv5 stun for 6 turns whereas the maximum stun duration is 5 turns only... so doesnt seen right to me anyway
    or should i just go 5/3/5 build? stealing 6 ap seen overkill a bit during pvp match icon_razz.gif
  • DX_das wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Woop finished 4th, DD is now 3/2/3.

what build you are going?
    i going for 4/4/5 build... coz blue lv5 stun for 6 turns whereas the maximum stun duration is 5 turns only... so doesnt seen right to me anyway
    or should i just go 5/3/5 build? stealing 6 ap seen overkill a bit during pvp match icon_razz.gif

You can be stunned for more than 5. You just can't with Spiderman/MBW. I've been stunned for 6 turns by the Hard Simulator's Daredevil. It was brutal.

I'm thinking 3/5/5 or 4/4/5 probably. You're right, 6 AP is definitely overkill.
  • DX_das wrote:
    JusticeB wrote:
    I'm considering selling my Yelena slot for DD but you know what will happen, they'll do a mission and you'll need her to do a mission and not have her icon_e_smile.gif

currently i got 45 slot and continue to buy more if i got hp to spare... gonna keep some for shielding in the future :3

Yeah I am going to keep Yelena because I used to have a Loki and sold him, but now I can't do some of the missions in the Simulator missions and I'm losing out on 1000s of points because of it icon_e_sad.gif
  • i unshielded @ the 5 minute mark and won 2 battles to jump into the top 5. DD is @ 3/2/2 currently.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ended up placing first and getting my 2nd Sue cover (plus all 3 DD's). Kept a close eye on my bracket and the leaders (ironically both with 791) were beating me by 11 points. Waited till the last couple minutes, had a juicy 41 point opponent lined up and sniped the win with two minutes left to go. Had enough buffer for retaliations but none came in the last 2 minutes and walked away with my first PvP win after so many close 2-5 place finishes.

Being Model 40 is one of my favorite characters, I really enjoyed how buffed he was. Tournament highlight: killing a level 15 Model 40, OBW and Modern Storm team with one Ballistic Salvo.
  • locked wrote:
    Kikujiro wrote:
    Meanwhile I´m having a hard time trying to subdue several 100+ IM40s ... and when I see Nemek, Koolbird, Bugpop, Optimates, peanutpanda and similar people on my MMR for the last two weeks, maybe it´s time to rest up because my roster just can handle those monster teams.
    I've tanked my MMR quite low but it seems back on track, I've seen Optimates in my queue today too.

Optimates, If you're reading this thread, I want to thank you for that retaliation you gave me. Got sloppy and almost lost first icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DX_das wrote:
    JusticeB wrote:

what do slots cost up there?
  • DX_das wrote:
    JusticeB wrote:

I just bought my 32nd slot which cost 400HP. At the lower end of the scale they were quite cheap but not anymore, sadly. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Anyone encountered a player called MachoMadness?

I am running IM40 at 72, Ares at 85, Daken at 69.

Our teams are that far apart, so he has a chance of winning. What I find to be surprising is that he is winning me within 3 minutes of his defeat with that team. It's hard for me to even figure how is that even possible. I mean, if he was scoring like 100 points in 2 mins, that would be outright cheating, but this is kinda borderland, so if he was indeed cheating, it would be difficult to tell.

I can't exactly tell if he is cheating or not. I'd like to find out a bit more first.

Has anyone encountered this player? Have you noticed anything strange about him?
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Anyone encountered a player called MachoMadness?
    I just posted in the PVE thread about the guy who's winning my hard sub-event. It happens to be him - 2 lvl 85's in his roster and over 20k points.
  • The shiny new simulator worked its magic - was not challenged for 1st overnight. I had to drop around 675 in shields to make it happen, as 2* rosters would just eat up my lead every time I pushed. Thanks Psylocke! One more IW green and she's done! Hopefully the rewards stay the same for Rd. 2 and I can close that cover out.
  • Scored my top five, three more DD covers. Looking forward to round two, but no way I'm doing the whole two days this time.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    The 1st place of my bracket had over 1100 points, I was 6th with 960 something , made a push to 5th and got it over Nemek ,but he unshielded on the last 3 minutes and passed me again ,he was beating me by 19 points, I unshielded again and found a quick 20 point match, after I won the tourney was over, I ended with 989 points and still missed the top 5 and the red DD cover icon_e_sad.gif

Ah that was you! I sat there refreshing those last 30 seconds just hoping you didn't finish that match on time.

I had lost track of time and actually had to retreat out of a simulator match when there was 3 mins left and frantically got that last fight in.

We were in a pretty crummy bracket with I think 3 people over 1100...
  • Nemek wrote:
    The 1st place of my bracket had over 1100 points, I was 6th with 960 something , made a push to 5th and got it over Nemek ,but he unshielded on the last 3 minutes and passed me again ,he was beating me by 19 points, I unshielded again and found a quick 20 point match, after I won the tourney was over, I ended with 989 points and still missed the top 5 and the red DD cover icon_e_sad.gif

Ah that was you! I sat there refreshing those last 30 seconds just hoping you didn't finish that match on time.

I had lost track of time and actually had to retreat out of a simulator match when there was 3 mins left and frantically got that last fight in.

We were in a pretty crummy bracket with I think 3 people over 1100...

Must have been a seriously tough bracket if you were scratching around to make top 5?

Looks like the Elite style shield/break shield/cram matches/shield routine is now required to do well in standard events too. I had pretty comfortably won a couple of recent brackets with an early morning push one day out/full day shield, but no such luck this time. Still, top 5, that was the main aim before the event and net 400hp cost for three 3* covers is decent enough.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Looks like the Elite style shield/break shield/cram matches/shield routine is now required to do well in standard events too. I had pretty comfortably won a couple of recent brackets with an early morning push one day out/full day shield, but no such luck this time. Still, top 5, that was the main aim before the event and net 400hp cost for three 3* covers is decent enough.

I think it depends. I was able to do top 5 in Blind Justice shielding once (an 8-hour shield 8 hours out), but I also was probably in an easier bracket. I think it depends on relative demand a lot - I had a relatively highly leveled Daredevil for the tournament (in the 40s), which gave me a bit of an advantage over the 15s I was usually seeing, and I started early Saturday morning, which I thought would probably give me a less cutthroat bracket, and my mmr seemed ok for the tournament. I also really wanted the Doom covers, and they're probably lower demand.
  • DX_das wrote:
    JusticeB wrote:

when i bought my 45th slot... it cost 450hp... think the next slot is 500hp... probably every 5 slot you purchase it increase by 50 hp... i seen some1 with 70+ slot before i not sure about that...
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:

I think it depends. I was able to do top 5 in Blind Justice shielding once (an 8-hour shield 8 hours out), but I also was probably in an easier bracket. I think it depends on relative demand a lot - I had a relatively highly leveled Daredevil for the tournament (in the 40s), which gave me a bit of an advantage over the 15s I was usually seeing, and I started early Saturday morning, which I thought would probably give me a less cutthroat bracket, and my mmr seemed ok for the tournament. I also really wanted the Doom covers, and they're probably lower demand.

Good point. Given that Doom covers have been around a while and Daredevil covers haven't, the demand is invariably going to be higher for the latter event.
  • I was pretty easily able to join this event with 11 hours left. Make a half-hearted push to 700 with 7 hrs left, which put me in 3rd place. If I chose to shield there, it would have been good enough to finish in the top 5.

But I did the math and realized I would've about broke even on HP for some DD covers I didn't want. So, I let my rating slide. I still got a (single) DD cover without spending HP.

I actually really enjoy playing with a buffed IM40. There is something relaxing about playing with a powerful character that has predictable abilities.