Double Shot 2/9/14

Options

Comments

• The AI saves moves until the weakest member of your team is on the front line, or until they hit the AP count for their most expensive move of that color. If it has 12 AP for Adamantium Slash but not 13 AP for Unibeam, it will wait until either your OBW makes a move so it can kill her, or until it gets that last AP for Unibeam. Not always the best strategy, but at least it offers possibilities to use all your moves regardless of cost on defense.

Kinda wish you could "weigh" the priority of your AI's moves when you're on defense (STOP USING HULK'S MOVES) but that seems pretty complex, considering we've been waiting months for a simple respec option!
  • Anyone else in a super competitive bracket? ME NO LIKE.
    I'm shielded at 622, which is enough to get me 15th right now. They seriously did something to the points I think. That's the last tournament too which was like this.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Top is 744.

I go up and down on it so easily icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm joining tonight when there is about 9 hours left in the tourney. I'll report back on how that works for me.
  • aussiemac
    aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone else in a super competitive bracket? ME NO LIKE.
    I'm shielded at 622, which is enough to get me 15th right now. They seriously did something to the points I think. That's the last tournament too which was like this.

Same here. Although I've managed to get a handful of all the other *** heroes, not having an IM40 makes this event a lot less desirable. I need LRs to start soon or a PvE or something...
  • wow... i reach 700 points from all the way 300 but no one is retaliating back... even my IM40 only lv 85 icon_mrgreen.gif
    but still shield at 700pts will help me grab the DD cover... as least at top 5 :3
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    After top 5 finishes in The Best There Is and Blind Justice I am pvp'd out. I've been playing matches just to pass the time in this event. I don't know how yinz from the the elite tourny are still standing today.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm shielded in second place at 671. 1st place (Wally10) has 821 points and only one character over level 50, a level 70 Thor. I'm trying not to think too much about how he got there so I don't get cynical about either MMR screw-ups or accusations of cheating.

In any case, it's the DD covers I want for next time he's featured, the IW would just have been a nice bonus.
  • Guy in first in my bracket is at 1000. Shielded now but nobody at all ever touched him. Ugh. I can barely cross 500 before being smacked around.
  • After top 5 finishes in The Best There Is and Blind Justice I am pvp'd out. I've been playing matches just to pass the time in this event. I don't know how yinz from the the elite tourny are still standing today.

Me too. I'm feeling super lazy about this tourney. Although Daken/DD cover prizes don't make me much enthusastic either. Meh. Maybe I'll try to get a DD cover or two, but at least I won't fret if (=when) I fail. I'm not gonna use shields no matter what.
  • I can't figure out whether to completely tank and try to fix my mmr or to try to push for top 45. I've got no use for Daken covers, so I'll probably try to slide to 200+ to get the tokens, even though they provide almost no chance of getting anything useful.
  • Waggon wrote:
    The AI saves moves until the weakest member of your team is on the front line, or until they hit the AP count for their most expensive move of that color. If it has 12 AP for Adamantium Slash but not 13 AP for Unibeam, it will wait until either your OBW makes a move so it can kill her, or until it gets that last AP for Unibeam. Not always the best strategy, but at least it offers possibilities to use all your moves regardless of cost on defense.

Kinda wish you could "weigh" the priority of your AI's moves when you're on defense (STOP USING HULK'S MOVES) but that seems pretty complex, considering we've been waiting months for a simple respec option!
    I've thought a simple minimum would be toggling moves off altogether in the characters' training view. It doesn't seem like that'd interfere hugely with what the AI already does (it already has to deal gracefully with missing moves from zero covers), and would let you tweak its behavior to something at least slightly more sane on defense (switch off Thunderous Clap when paired with...anything, switch Unibeam on and BTI off because IM40's buffed and your Patch is 5/3/5, etc). Not trying to turn everyone into novice programmers like the old Infinity Engine or even whichever Final Fantasy had basic conditional scripting, just "don't use this because I want so-and-so to use that". It'd make people feel a little more in control of what their team gets up to, and would probably improve variation and make some matches a bit less silly. I dunno, though: Spider-Man and IM40 is pretty funny. Yes, Peter, he might get 20 blue in a little while. You just sit on that, wouldn't want to waste it. Plus people wanting to tank would just turn all abilities off.
  • aussiemac
    aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is no one really playing this event? I'm trying to tank. I have a 15 IM40, 30 Cap, and 47 M.Storm out ready for a beating. Is that not squishy enough?
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I can't figure out whether to completely tank and try to fix my mmr or to try to push for top 45. I've got no use for Daken covers, so I'll probably try to slide to 200+ to get the tokens, even though they provide almost no chance of getting anything useful.

With loss reduction it seem perfect opportunity to tank in the 300-400 pts range. You lose 9-ish points per hit and can go up in 35 chunks.

And eventually can go up if you want -- I plan only grab the HP at 500 and forget the event for good.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I just went from 280 something up to a high of 719...not sure where I am now and I don't really care. I may just try to reach 1000 again for poops and giggles.
  • Anyone else in a super competitive bracket? ME NO LIKE.
    You're in my bracket unwise, I saw you make a break for top of the roster, think you made it up to fifth or sixth at one point before getting smacked down. It is a very tough field, spending a lot on shields. I got lucky and was able to catch peanut panda with his shield down twice for forty each and shield back up right quick. That and a couple other twenty pointers bumped me from eight to three, where I'm currently shielded at 821. Gonna watch the field and bide time while playing the new events.
  • aussiemac wrote:
    Is no one really playing this event? I'm trying to tank. I have a 15 IM40, 30 Cap, and 47 M.Storm out ready for a beating. Is that not squishy enough?

I'm guessing with the new PvE and Lightning rounds you're not going to see much action until the last few hours.
  • Thank you Simulator! 2nd place kept unshielding and creeping on me, but since the Simulator launched he hasn't moved once. Have a 100 pt. lead now - will poke out a few more times during the day to try and push that to 150. My guess is that will be enough to get the pack to focus on PvE or Lightning Rounds instead! icon_e_smile.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shielded at 928

Hope i can finish IW green...
  • Thank you Simulator! 2nd place kept unshielding and creeping on me, but since the Simulator launched he hasn't moved once. Have a 100 pt. lead now - will poke out a few more times during the day to try and push that to 150. My guess is that will be enough to get the pack to focus on PvE or Lightning Rounds instead! icon_e_smile.gif
    lol i havent touched DS today and not even shielded yet im still in the same place i was 12 hours ago, nobody has moved.... in fact ive gained points