Double Shot 2/9/14

Options

Comments

• So tempted to try for 1200 with the (suspected) scoring tweaks. But my IM40 sucks, which is why I'd want to get to 1200 in the first place, and there's no way I have the time or spare HP. Even hovered over the 200HP token before reminding myself it'll be Bag-Man, and even if it is IM40 it'll probably be a color I immediately sell back.
  • abuelo wrote:
    Wow, just caused some serious damage with an IM40/OBW/DrDoom combo

The recharge and AP steal gives you all the blue you need and you immediately have a defensive or offensive option.

Hah with this combo on shield I've gained 80 points...people probably attacking because it's slightly unusual and getting caught out by a blue cascade.
  • Bagman team is now up and running, so whoever sees me, hit me with all you got. Hopefully the high level Patch isn't too much of a deterrent.
  • At least at the 300 point range you still take reduced point loss for losing. Not sure how much this goes to, but looking at the score from NHB Elite and the last tournament it probably goes on for a while (NHB Elite scores are way higher than they were last time).

Patch synergizes surprisingly well with IM40 since he stuns himself to setup for The Best There Is.

Edit: Got hit for -14 by someone with 370 when I had 400, so it is still in effect at 400 too (you'd expect to lose at least 25 points when hit by someone with lower score than you if no point reduction is in effect).
  • Phantron wrote:
    At least at the 300 point range you still take reduced point loss for losing. Not sure how much this goes to, but looking at the score from NHB Elite and the last tournament it probably goes on for a while (NHB Elite scores are way higher than they were last time).

Patch synergizes surprisingly well with IM40 since he stuns himself to setup for The Best There Is.

Edit: Got hit for -14 by someone with 370 when I had 400, so it is still in effect at 400 too (you'd expect to lose at least 25 points when hit by someone with lower score than you if no point reduction is in effect).

From what I've seen it goes at least to 500, maybe even a bit higher.
  • Obviously everyone (else icon_e_wink.gif has 100+ IM40, likely with similar level GSBW and other goodies... Ok, one had a small but came with full Mags. icon_e_smile.gif

But miraculously met a 50 mStorm/ 60OBW company with 40-ish IM in my MMR, someone pushes really hard.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, what are the current top-scores?

My bracket's leader has 685. ( Of course roster is lvl59 and below. )

btw tanking currently
  • I entered few hours ago, seen top at ~530.
  • turul wrote:

btw tanking currently

In my bracket its horrible lol
    1st has 755
    2nd has 705
    3rd has 637 (me)

then 10th has 517
  • turul wrote:

btw tanking currently

#1 just finished another push and is shielded at 576, I'm in #10 at 368.
  • turul wrote:

btw tanking currently

In 1st at 635 - 10th is at 406.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just joined a bracket and I'm sitting first at 300. Current plan is to push up to as high as I can tonight, and then tank back down to the 200s, and then make a push on the final day back to the top. Need to farm iso more heavily now so that I can get Punisher to 141.
  • First in my bracket at 603, I think it is. Second and third are something like 30 points behind me, a bit further down in the 400s. I've been shielding for 3 hours at a time, queuing up my attacks and then breaking shield with a few minutes left to try to advance my score. Sometimes I get hit back down by 29 or something, we'll see if I can win the bracket. If not, I'm perfectly happy with top 5, since I don't really want IW that much (or do I? I don't have one to begin with)
  • I'm struggling this tourney with a level 28 IM40 but I really want those DD covers. Managed to fight and claw my way to third in my bracket at 650 now, with first and second currently tied at 758. I joined the second the tourney went live last night, so I think my bracket is a bit hardcore, though I don't recognize any forum members in the top ten. I guess they're all focusing on elite right now.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Bracket leader is sitting at 568, 2nd is at 354. I'm sitting at 284 with level 15 IM40/ level 1 yelena / level 6 cap tanking: feel free to give me a hit! I'm going to make my push tomororw, and will most likely skip all of these retaliations.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Leader in my bracket is at 758, most of the top ten have 50's rosters. Seeing that makes me want to rocket towards the top, but this event doesn't provide me with much incentive. I guess I could finally get some Daken covers since I don't have him.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not gonna push in case I drop down and get Daken instead. Ouch!
  • Looks like you generate about 5-10 points on a match in the upper 500s so far (winner gets 25, loser loses 20). Unlike shields, the points tend to leak toward those with lower scores so it's pretty hard to break away, but the points are steadily going up overall.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh come on people, I put in my weak team and this is what I get?
    I have a bad IM40 so there's no chance I'll do well. So I smacked around some seed teams for the Iso, then stuck in 15 IM40/20 Hood/23 Black Widow, which was the team I thought I could reasonably beat the last tank team with. And I've gotten attacked once in the past 3+ hours by Donut Bytes for -2. And he had a super strong team.
    What if it's the team you won most with? I attacked twice with my good team and once with the tankers. If anyone sees me, can they tell me what I've got up?
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Oh come on people, I put in my weak team and this is what I get?
    I have a bad IM40 so there's no chance I'll do well. So I smacked around some seed teams for the Iso, then stuck in 15 IM40/20 Hood/23 Black Widow, which was the team I thought I could reasonably beat the last tank team with. And I've gotten attacked once in the past 3+ hours by Donut Bytes for -2. And he had a super strong team.
    What if it's the team you won most with? I attacked twice with my good team and once with the tankers. If anyone sees me, can they tell me what I've got up?

I think you're just getting unlucky: after putting up my tank team, I've been immediately attacked 4ish times. It does seem to take longer than before though.