(Known Issue) Game force close in Galactus

Comments

• Seems this refresh the BP bug is solved.
  • GMadMan040 wrote:
    Anyone else's scaling get weird? Mine reverted to really low level. I wonder if that will have an impact on the later rounds now. We are in Round 4, on the cusp of Round 5.

On another note - do the required characters change every 8 hours? My last set had Hawkeye, now I have Storm.

ICE said scaling is turned off after initial setting. i pray it doesn't scale higher than it started.

My scaling has gone WAY backwards. Last Steve Rogers node was in the 130's, this one in the 50's.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    Anyone else's scaling get weird? Mine reverted to really low level. I wonder if that will have an impact on the later rounds now. We are in Round 4, on the cusp of Round 5.

On another note - do the required characters change every 8 hours? My last set had Hawkeye, now I have Storm.

ICE said scaling is turned off after initial setting. i pray it doesn't scale higher than it started.

My scaling has gone WAY backwards. Last Steve Rogers node was in the 130's, this one in the 50's.

Yeah mine too. I think it happened after the BP crash.

So great, I cant play Cyclops node because last Galaktus was a fiasco and my alliance couldnt win one (no such thing as lucky pull even though I bought two 10-packs), now I cant play some nodes because they crash. How am I supposed to get to 950k and round 7 If I cant play the nodes!!!!

This is starting to be a fiasco again. What will happen next, all nodes blocked in round 6?
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    For the records, I have the same issue with BP node (round 5) and all of my 19 team mates too so far
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    So great, I cant play Cyclops node because last Galaktus was a fiasco and my alliance couldnt win one (no such thing as lucky pull even though I bought two 10-packs), now I cant play some nodes because they crash. How am I supposed to get to 950k and round 7 If I cant play the nodes!!!!

This is starting to be a fiasco again. What will happen next, all nodes blocked in round 6?

Calm down, it was one node on one lockout, the BP node was fine the next time round.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    GMadMan040 wrote:

I've had 3 nodes from the beginning with 'normal' scaling and 2 nodes with very low scaling (or not at all). which nodes the low ones are changes, though.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Crowl wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Calm down, it was one node on one lockout, the BP node was fine the next time round.

Also just confirming that after the initial round where the BP node was 'locked' (i.e. would cause a crash every time) now our alliance is onto round 2 (and my Galactus-count-down-timer has reset), and that node plays without issue.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • The BP node did not crash my game this go-round, but Galactus did just after. Luckily, the only impact from that was one more health pack used, as the node was still open and my characters took damage.
    I'm hoping for fairly smooth sailing, though my casual alliance is certainly not going to get too far.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was slightly annoying, but it certainly doesn't undo all the good thats been done with this run of Galactus. Games have issues, it happens.
  • My nodes on the right of the screen are scaled very low (20-40) and those on the left scaled higher (140-180). I thought this was done on purpose in response to complaints that all the nodes had scaled too high?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    My nodes on the right of the screen are scaled very low (20-40) and those on the left scaled higher (140-180). I thought this was done on purpose in response to complaints that all the nodes had scaled too high?

The scaling on the Storm and Steve rogers nodes base it off the 1* and 2* versions if you have them rostered (also which is why you need to switch to the 3*s in the essential position manually)

The other should scale as they did at the beginning.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Malcrof wrote:
    The scaling on the Storm and Steve rogers nodes base it off the 1* and 2* versions if you have them rostered (also which is why you need to switch to the 3*s in the essential position manually)

I don't think that's true. My 'trivial' nodes this time around are for Storm and Steve Rodgers. I have 2* storm (lvl94) but only 3* steve (lvl166).

It may be related to them having lower level versions though. Unfortunately I can't remember which nodes, apart from hawkeye, were trivial in previous rounds.

As a side note, I'd missed the part about Hawkeye being an essential for this run of Galactus. Spent some ISO on standard tokens and lucked out on my second pull. Yay me.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    mrcheddar wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I don't think that's true. My 'trivial' nodes this time around are for Storm and Steve Rodgers. I have 2* storm (lvl94) but only 3* steve (lvl166).

It may be related to them having lower level versions though. Unfortunately I can't remember which nodes, apart from hawkeye, were trivial in previous rounds.

As a side note, I'd missed the part about Hawkeye being an essential for this run of Galactus. Spent some ISO on standard tokens and lucked out on my second pull. Yay me.

it was Hawkeye (who thanks to a lucky cascade of match 5's, speedshot made this fight last about 2 rounds) and Storm
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    My storm node is marked trivial, yet I only have the 3* version rostered. Same with Steve. Odd.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Malcrof wrote:

it was Hawkeye (who thanks to a lucky cascade of match 5's, speedshot made this fight last about 2 rounds) and Storm
    Ah was storm again. Interesting. There might be something to the theory that the essentials who have 2* and 1* variants are intentionally scaled lower. Maybe as an nod to those with low-levelled rosters.

Bah, I still half regret dumping a fully covered and levelled 2* hawky when I was desperate for roster spots. I'm making do with a temporary 1* variant. I dread to think how many I sold in this weeks lightning rounds too.

Pulling both the 2900HP and 3500 rewards from the anniversary tokens and hitting 1000 points in pvp (sure, I can do it for Invisible Woman *sigh*) means it's not been a bad MPQ morning icon_e_smile.gif
  • BP node is active now. It was the toughest by a long shot too.

Thanks.....for doing something to fix it....or doing nothing and letting it auto correct.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    LXSandman wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Horribly sorry about this, was *so* looking forward to a faultless Galactus run 2.

Weren't we all! Good luck with fixing it. While you are doing that can you make the Cyclops essential work with any version? That would be nice...icon_e_smile.gif

Thanks!
    We can't change essentials mid-run, unfortunately.

It was set that way because Cyclops (Classic) was the reward for the prior Boss Battle, so he's the singular essential for this one. I definitely get why people are annoyed at it, but it's how we tend to run all events, with the new character reward being an essential for the next. It's actually more rare to have an (Any) essential, but I completely get why you'd be pissed when you can use any in one node then are restricted in another.

So he's the essential for the PVE following G1 (Simulator) AND for G2. Is that right?
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I crashed on the BP node myself (I have him partially covered so I was able to enter the node and set up my characters etc) prior to my current refresh.

In my case, the crash force closed my game right when I was supposed to enter into battle... but when I came back to it to try again, it was like I had never touched the node in the first place.

Kind of frustrating because I actually have BP partly covered.

Repeated attempts to access the node resulted in the same thing.

Additionally, since around this same time, my game UI has also been strangely unresponsive and/or very laggy.

I try and swap my target character and it is like I never tried swapping because nothing happens and sometimes it lags and my screen temporarily freezes.

I also had this problem when trying to select Boosts and TUs and because of lag/unresponsiveness, I got launched into two different node fights either unprepared or misprepared.

I had Health Packs hoarded away and my Tacos were awfully healthy so it wasn't THAT huge a deal but it still kind of sucked.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Yep, lost out on at least 20K progression score (his fight for 1600 and the Galactus fight it unlocked for about 16800+), and who knows if it caused me to miss an entire clear.

And having the 4 star Cyclops as the 4 star essential, a character most don't have due to the numerous issues with Galactus Run 1, is a **** move.
    Even if "that's the way we tend to go with these things" is the answer. Mr. Fantastic should have been the essential (and actually would have also made comic lore sense too, as the FF often encountered Galactus).
    You'd think D3 would want to trend towards the side of being player friendly with their Run 2 fixes after the disaster that was Galactus Run 1 and most of the Anniversary Event as a whole.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Boommike wrote:
    So he's the essential for the PVE following G1 (Simulator) AND for G2. Is that right?

Going by IceX's response, I would think Red Hulk will be the essential for the next PVE because he would be the most recent 4 star released.
    Better hope your alliance get beat Round 6...
    Mine seems like it might have a chance, but we'll see...