(Known Issue) Game force close in Galactus

Comments

• Happens in round 2 as well. Every opportunity for victories is helpful to those starting out.
  • It's happening to me in round 5. BP node only.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Raezen wrote:
    The simple fix for this is to just award everyone the points for the node and the points for the ensuing Galactus kill.

See, I was thinking the simple fix would be to give everyone a new 4 star.png Cyclops cover, so they can at least play that node instead of the BP one, I'm sure that wouldn't require a server restart. icon_e_smile.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • My alliance and I are having the same problems...

We run android and iOS, so it's not singled out to one specific OS. No body has cyclops in my alliance so we are going to be hurt by this bug. We are going to lose out on about 22k per player in our 20/20 alliance. That's 440,000 points as a total alliance. I hope D3 will make it right comp-wise.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raezen wrote:
    The simple fix for this is to just award everyone the points for the node and the points for the ensuing Galactus kill. How you are able to find a similar bug and fix it before it went live, but unable to fix the exact same bug within 8 hours makes me wonder.

it matters what stage every alliance is in, the value changes. If they were to give point it should be based on stage 6 highest any alliance can be at this time. so that would be 23k plus 1.6 for the actual node x 20 alliance members that would 492k in damage that would be awarded. idk, if they would ever do that.
  • Raezen wrote:
    The simple fix for this is to just award everyone the points for the node and the points for the ensuing Galactus kill. How you are able to find a similar bug and fix it before it went live, but unable to fix the exact same bug within 8 hours makes me wonder.

I honestly wonder if somebody at D3 looks at this post then slowly glances to their computer where they'd have to write 200 lines of code to make this suggestion work, and snicker at the idea of this being the "Simple fix"

Not that it's not a good idea, I just get the feeling it's harder to do then it sounds. :U
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Same for me and the match doesn't start at all.

Seems Galactus is finding new ways to destroy the servers. icon_eek.gif
  • Round 5 match doesn't start.. Game just locks up.

Also got 0 points awarded for beating the Gamora node
  • Raezen
    Raezen Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    colwag wrote:
    Raezen wrote:

I honestly wonder if somebody at D3 looks at this post then slowly glances to their computer where they'd have to write 200 lines of code to make this suggestion work, and snicker at the idea of this being the "Simple fix"

Not that it's not a good idea, I just get the feeling it's harder to do then it sounds. :U

If Ice hadn't said they encountered this EXACT same bug but with Human Torch, then yeah, it probably wouldn't be simple. But since Ice admitted they found this bug before and fixed it before going live, then yeah, it should be a simple fix since they already know the solution.
  • For the bigger/more active alliances this may not be a problem, but for an alliance like ours (mostly casual players) this is very damm right annoying!! We couldn't make a dent on Galactus in part 1 and never got close enough to get any Cyclops covers so currently we are stuck not being able to play 2 modes!! lots of points being missed out on here, so hopefully compensation doesn't involve just giving "token" 2000 iso and 100 hero points!
  • Here, here!! Same problem, we're a casual alliance which didn't get Cyclops, so with a glitchy BP node that's two nodes lost, roughly 27,000 points lost per player for round 3.
  • Not a "huge" detriment! I beg to differ some of us rely on that node to get a dent in on Galactus! I think you don't realize not everyone has the other characters and therefore have a much less chance to attack galactus. Hence I repeat myself and say not a "huge" detriment, **** I say it's an extreme detriment to some if not all players!!!!!!
  • When i want to play the survival with Panther, the apps crashes.

Thanks four your prompt help!!
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Same here.

Playing on Android, up to date version, have tried the Black Panther wave node (on Round 5) a dozen times with different characters and every time after I hit the final button to start the fight it crashes out of the MPQ app.

Very frustrating. icon_evil.gif
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Same here.... Round 4
  • until the bug's sorted out, could i suggest this becomes a party/rant/whine thread for all those waiting for resets?

tl;dr - 6 MINUTES TO RESET!!
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Here's hoping it's just a one time bug.

*fingers crossed*
  • just completed a BP node with points awarded - no token though.
  • Anyone else's scaling get weird? Mine reverted to really low level. I wonder if that will have an impact on the later rounds now. We are in Round 4, on the cusp of Round 5.

On another note - do the required characters change every 8 hours? My last set had Hawkeye, now I have Storm.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    Anyone else's scaling get weird? Mine reverted to really low level. I wonder if that will have an impact on the later rounds now. We are in Round 4, on the cusp of Round 5.

On another note - do the required characters change every 8 hours? My last set had Hawkeye, now I have Storm.

ICE said scaling is turned off after initial setting. i pray it doesn't scale higher than it started.