(Known Issue) Game force close in Galactus

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    Updated OP with general update on the issue.

Ice, can you comment on the data loss? I appear to have lost a legendary token from Simulator (my score still shows 28640) as well as a Galactus token or two from beating him and advancing to the next round? It was my first legendary token icon_e_sad.gif

In case it helps, my play went like this: Sim node <hit 28k>, Sim node, Galactus, Sub, G, Sub, G, Sub, G, <crash on BP>. I lost all rewards between that first step and last step.

Thanks for the help!
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    R5, at least half the alliance has reported the same problems so far.

20x 21920 = about 440k

So a rulk cover icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2015
    Wow, that was uncalled for.

Edit: rude post before mine was rightfully removed.
  • Odd observation, BP is boosted to 260 (higher than others) and also listed above Mr Fantastic on boosted list, kinda implying him being a 4* but obv not. I dunno if that is relevant, just hoping it's not pervasive and shows up each time he is essential is all.
  • On top of Black Panther, some tokens are having issues.

I passed two nodes where an anniversary token was the award and when I went to open them, there was only one.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Round 4. Crashes after boost screen
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    deiXide wrote:
    Ice, can you comment on the data loss? I appear to have lost a legendary token from Simulator (my score still shows 28640) as well as a Galactus token or two from beating him and advancing to the next round? It was my first legendary token icon_e_sad.gif
    Looked into yours specifically, ouch.

Credited the missing rewards. Anyone else who has a reward eaten, please send in a ticket to CS and they'll investigate. Specifically, what is causing this is receiving a reward (progression, placement, etc) then crashing before either a standard timed server update any action that would force a save to happen occurs. It's not easy to do that as the timing is pretty precise, but it's possible (as is the case here).
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    Horribly sorry about this, was *so* looking forward to a faultless Galactus run 2.

Weren't we all! Good luck with fixing it. While you are doing that can you make the Cyclops essential work with any version? That would be nice...icon_e_smile.gif

Thanks!
  • deiXide wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

In case it helps, my play went like this: Sim node <hit 28k>, Sim node, Galactus, Sub, G, Sub, G, Sub, G, <crash on BP>. I lost all rewards between that first step and last step.

Thanks for the help!

I just had all missing rewards returned through a "Missing Rewards Collect" screen. If that was automatically done by the system, that's great. If that was manually done by a dev.. holy moly thanks! star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Edit: Ice, you are the man. Thank you!
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Weird observation.

First time attempting to enter the Black Panther node, I healed BP (bringing my health packs down to 6) and entered the match. Game crashed.

Reopened, went back into the Galactus event, selected the Black Panther node, BP is still healed, I still have 6 health packs. I switched characters and tried entering again. Game crashed.

Reopened the game. Now I have 7 health packs and BP is at half health again and my original characters are selected.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    deiXide wrote:
    Looked into yours specifically, ouch.

Credited the missing rewards. Anyone else who has a reward eaten, please send in a ticket to CS and they'll investigate. Specifically, what is causing this is receiving a reward (progression, placement, etc) then crashing before either a standard timed server update any action that would force a save to happen occurs. It's not easy to do that as the timing is pretty precise, but it's possible (as is the case here).

Awesome Job Ice.....

That would be a rather painful crash. I'm surprised he sounded as calm as he did.
  • IceIX
    LXSandman wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Horribly sorry about this, was *so* looking forward to a faultless Galactus run 2.

Weren't we all! Good luck with fixing it. While you are doing that can you make the Cyclops essential work with any version? That would be nice...icon_e_smile.gif

Thanks!
    We can't change essentials mid-run, unfortunately.

It was set that way because Cyclops (Classic) was the reward for the prior Boss Battle, so he's the singular essential for this one. I definitely get why people are annoyed at it, but it's how we tend to run all events, with the new character reward being an essential for the next. It's actually more rare to have an (Any) essential, but I completely get why you'd be pissed when you can use any in one node then are restricted in another.
  • IceIX
    Crashes reported by teams in round 3, 4, and 5. It's this refresh, not ited to any round. Something truly awful about that enemy lineup. What the heck was in that wave??? icon_lol.gif
    Maggia. Lots and lots of Maggia. And a Hood.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Considering BP is one of the only 3 essentials I have for this refresh, I guess I won't be helping my alliance too much. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Just thought I would let you know that it is on both platforms... I tried my android and ipad
  • Crashes reported by teams in round 3, 4, and 5. It's this refresh, not ited to any round. Something truly awful about that enemy lineup. What the heck was in that wave??? icon_lol.gif

One-Above-All destroys Galactus and the entire Marvel Universe!
  • deiXide wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Thanks for the help!

The same exact thing happened to me...I promise!! icon_lol.gif
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Me and 1 person in my alliance having same issue. Kicks us out and game restarts.
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    If its not fixed in a timely manner, can we expect top end progression rewards to be further reduced in cost? It's hard enough hitting progression without the cyclops from the first terrible event. My Alliance is actually enthusiastic about the event this time around.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    This is still less broken that Galactus 1st run. That really says something.