(Known Issue) Game force close in Galactus

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Rather annoying. Any way to lower the refresh timer or even let us use 3* Cyclops on the essential? Only 3 nodes for 8 hours is slow going.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    If its not fixed in a timely manner, can we expect top end progression rewards to be further reduced in cost? It's hard enough hitting progression without the cyclops from the first terrible event. My Alliance is actually enthusiastic about the event this time around.
    Given that it's one node in an event with 10 refreshes, top end progression would be reduced by something like 2% at very max. That would have a very small impact on almost all players.
  • round 3 bp node for me
  • IceIX
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Rather annoying. Any way to lower the refresh timer or even let us use 3* Cyclops on the essential? Only 3 nodes for 8 hours is slow going.
    We can't change essential characters mid-run. It's *possible* to change refresh timers, but assuming this is the only node that is affected, I'm not sure how necessary that would be.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    We can't change essentials mid-run, unfortunately.

It was set that way because Cyclops (Classic) was the reward for the prior Boss Battle, so he's the singular essential for this one. I definitely get why people are annoyed at it, but it's how we tend to run all events, with the new character reward being an essential for the next. It's actually more rare to have an (Any) essential, but I completely get why you'd be pissed when you can use any in one node then are restricted in another.

Thanks for responding. I was actually joking about that since I assumed there was no way you would actually change the essentials mid run. I get why he is the essential (Similar to how quicksilver was the essential for round 2 of Ultron), just sucks in this case due to the obvious issue with round 1.

Good luck with the fixes.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeing the issue on the BP node on round 5 on steam version.
  • Also experiencing the problem. Would like to thank the devs and you ice, this galactus run so far feels much better. Thanks for listening
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably doesn't need to be said, but failed on both iOS and Android for me. This really sucks.
  • IceIX
    In completely other news, new user Kyuun is getting a nice reputation boost for starting the thread. icon_e_smile.gif
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    PinkPWNAGE wrote:
    Also experiencing the problem. Would like to thank the devs and you ice, this galactus run so far feels much better. Thanks for listening

More than just listening. Thanks for responding. And continuing to respond. The response wasn't a fly-by post and run, and that's meaningful.
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Happens to me too.

I would be happy with 22k event points as compensation as that's what I would have earned by winning the essential node + Galactus fight icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Scoregasms wrote:
    Odd observation, BP is boosted to 260 (higher than others) and also listed above Mr Fantastic on boosted list, kinda implying him being a 4* but obv not. I dunno if that is relevant, just hoping it's not pervasive and shows up each time he is essential is all.

Nice catch, just had a look and my level 40 BP is boosted to 134 which is quite a lot and is definetely odd.
    IceIX wrote:
    It was set that way because Cyclops (Classic) was the reward for the prior Boss Battle, so he's the singular essential for this one. I definitely get why people are annoyed at it, but it's how we tend to run all events, with the new character reward being an essential for the next. It's actually more rare to have an (Any) essential, but I completely get why you'd be pissed when you can use any in one node then are restricted in another.

Following this rule, it should not have been Cyclops who was essential but Mr. Fantastic, who was the reward for the simulator event, like Jean Grey was essential on GH1 since she was awarded in ISO Brotherhood, and 4Cyclops was essential in the simulator event. Since 4Clops was not attainable by my alliance in the GH1 event I can't play the essential nod from 2 events in a row... (Sorry for the off topic but I wanted to bounce on that reply)

Oh and my game also crashes but I don't think that's news anymore icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    If its not fixed in a timely manner, can we expect top end progression rewards to be further reduced in cost? It's hard enough hitting progression without the cyclops from the first terrible event. My Alliance is actually enthusiastic about the event this time around.
    Given that it's one node in an event with 10 refreshes, top end progression would be reduced by something like 2% at very max. That would have a very small impact on almost all players.

Just saying if BP continues to force close in all resets, progression should at least be reduced to act as if there were 4 playable nodes each time, which would be a 20% reduction if points are similar to last time. I played every reset/every node last event and only lost a handful of times to G, but still remained shy of progression just barely due to an inactive Alliance.
  • Crowl
    IceIX wrote:
    We can't change essentials mid-run, unfortunately.

With an ever increasing number of characters having multiple variants, is this something you could look to do more often in the future as I seem to remember it was one of the few positive comments made by a number of people about round 1.
  • IceIX
    Just saying if BP continues to force close in all resets, progression should at least be reduced to act as if there were 4 playable nodes each time, which would be a 20% reduction if points are similar to last time. I played every reset/every node last event and only lost a handful of times to G, but still remained shy of progression just barely due to an inactive Alliance.
    Sure, but we're pretty sure that it's related to the node setup itself on this refresh than a lock out across all nodes. Initial node had no issues for example. It's also eerily similar to a related bug we squashed on QA with Human Torch on run 1 (that never made it Live), which affected just that one node/refresh. Obviously, if it *does* extend to the entire rest of the event, we've gotta step up our contingency plans. But one node < 20% of nodes.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    Crashes reported by teams in round 3, 4, and 5. It's this refresh, not ited to any round. Something truly awful about that enemy lineup. What the heck was in that wave??? icon_lol.gif
    Maggia. Lots and lots of Maggia. And a Hood.

So we're being locked out of a Maggia/Hood wave node?

Uh, I consider that a feature!
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    I am genuinely confused by this one. Are you saying that the points lost from the 10 BP refreshes equates to around a 2% points loss IceIX? I would think you also have to factor in the points loss from missing another hit at Galactus 10 times from not being able to open the Black Panther node. This is more likely to be a 20% hit, rather than a 2% hit by my estimation. Am I wrong in this line of thinking?
  • IceIX
    killercool wrote:
    I am genuinely confused by this one. Are you saying that the points lost from the 10 BP refreshes equates to around a 2% points loss IceIX? I would think you also have to factor in the points loss from missing another hit at Galactus 10 times from not being able to open the Black Panther node. This is more likely to be a 20% hit, rather than a 2% hit by my estimation. Am I wrong in this line of thinking?
    We're assuming right now that this is a single node loss, as the first time around was functioning normally. If it *is* something that affects the other 16% of the total nodes, that's different and will require a different strategy on our side to make things right and ensure everyone can play as correctly as possible.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    @ICEIX
    How will this single node loss of points end up affecting the progress to the next round? Do players have enough time to finish round 8 and get their progression rewards with this bug in place?
  • Crowl
    killercool wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

I think their reasoning is that it is just an issue in this lockout and not an ongoing issue with BP nodes for the rest of the event.