(Known Issue) Game force close in Galactus

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Why don't we just say what it's worth.

1600 for the goon node , 20320 for big G aka stupid hat man aka shm.

So, 21920 for each individual and 21920* 20 = 438400 for each alliance.

Just give that to every player/alliance (or whatever the cardinality of the alliance membership times 21920), plus an anniversary token which is the best node reward, and call it even.

And give it to us quickly so that we don't have cascading issues if not getting as many points asbwe could because we can't get to the next rd where beating shm is worth more.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Man this sucks, I have been swapping through women of marvel, sim, and galactus hungers...I hope I did not experience any data loss...too many events going on to really keep track so I have just been plugging along and was just planning to hoard tokens, I would gladly take a classic cyc RED since me and my alliance were boned out of it on the first run due to the server outage...don't worry I will buy the other covers for him as I bought another $100 worth of play store credit earlier thinking the issues were fixed...any specific comp for me, I will take a RED classic cyc (my alliance members as well)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    kensterr wrote:
    @ICEIX
    How will this single node loss of points end up affecting the progress to the next round? Do players have enough time to finish round 8 and get their progression rewards with this bug in place?
    Assuming that it's just this node and not every BP node from here on out (which it shouldn't be, just saying), then it's not even 2% of your total progression. Probably far less than that, since almost no players will play optimally enough that this would be a lost possible Round 8 kill, so this isn't worth as much as a 1600+R8 Galactus would be. So realistically, it's minuscule over the life of the event. Not that it doesn't mean that it'll affect people and needs a fixin', just that it's a drop in the bucket.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    kensterr wrote:
    @ICEIX
    How will this single node loss of points end up affecting the progress to the next round? Do players have enough time to finish round 8 and get their progression rewards with this bug in place?

It's hitting me in Round 5. And to answer your question. Yes. Players have enough time regardless of it eating a full attempt. It could happen even under the old RUN 1 G. Six times in round eight could be lost, and still assured. In Round five I could have the disruption 10 times and still reach1.25 million. Considering the MUCH lower progression, You could have this node hit you a few more times. You'll be fine if you are perfect. Even if you aren't, the loss of ONE hit in 65 possible, with a 300k drop, and a much easier progression...

This one is minor and they're working on it.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't want to speak for ICE, from what i can tell, he's assuming this is just one node for the entire run, since i see this node's failure was only notice during the 1st reset of nodes. It affects all stages (1-5 so far as any alliance has gone in time alotted maybe 6 after a few alliance finishes stage 5) of the fight; but it's the same node during reset. If it's just this one node, out of all 9 resets, 1 out of 50 potential fights getting affected; ergo 2%. But if this glitch continues onwards during other resets, i think ICE and the other dev's will re-evaluate what to do and an emergency contingency will implemented, if that happens. The one silver lining is that this is an early reset and not happening during final resets where points should be exceeding higher. hope that helps everyone understand the situation better.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    I don't want to speak for ICE, from what i can tell, he's assuming this is just one node for the entire run, since i see this node's failure was only notice during the 1st reset of nodes. It affects all stages (1-5 so far as any alliance has gone in time alotted maybe 6 after a few alliance finishes stage 5) of the fight; but it's the same node during reset. If it's just this one node, out of all 9 resets, 1 out of 50 potential fights getting affected; ergo 2%. But if this glitch continues onwards during other resets, i think ICE and the other dev's will re-evaluate what to do and an emergency contingency will implemented, if that happens. The one silver lining is that this is an early reset and not happening during final resets where points should be exceeding higher. hope that helps everyone understand the situation better.
    This, exactly. Thanks for clarifying. icon_e_smile.gif
  • killercool wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    If its not fixed in a timely manner, can we expect top end progression rewards to be further reduced in cost? It's hard enough hitting progression without the cyclops from the first terrible event. My Alliance is actually enthusiastic about the event this time around.
    Given that it's one node in an event with 10 refreshes, top end progression would be reduced by something like 2% at very max. That would have a very small impact on almost all players.
    I am genuinely confused by this one. Are you saying that the points lost from the 10 BP refreshes equates to around a 2% points loss IceIX? I would think you also have to factor in the points loss from missing another hit at Galactus 10 times from not being able to open the Black Panther node. This is more likely to be a 20% hit, rather than a 2% hit by my estimation. Am I wrong in this line of thinking?

no... the attack on galactus immediately following the BP fight is insta-death. no one gets any points after it. icon_twisted.gificon_eek.gif
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully it's not an ongoing issue, but nevertheless, with the vast majority locked out of the cyclops essential, it's yet another hurdle that we have to face not only in beating galactus, but trying to get full progression as well.

I still think the cyclops essential was a worse move than this. Let us slot in our 3 star, please.
  • Even with this bug I've been enjoying the event. I do like Galactus and the tile mechanics, so hopefully this is only a minor blip in the whole event.

Thank you Ice for clear and frequent communication on this subject so far.

Was much appreciated.
  • killerkoala
    IceIX wrote:

but that is still potentially 440K+ damage left on the board that we lose, if that might be a factor if an alliance can't finish a stage to get a prize. I hope u guys consider that later in case an alliance protests a final stage not being finished.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Maaaaan.

Locked out of Cyke, cuz Galactus 1 was bonkers.

Locked out of BP, cuz of Hooded Maggias.

Locked out of Gamora, cuz she's a trash lady.

And the next refresh isn't until 2am, here in Hollywood.

Yuck.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Next rounds of nodes is going to be nothing but 4 and 5 star characters, nearly everyone locked lol.
  • killerkoala
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Maaaaan.

Locked out of Cyke, cuz Galactus 1 was bonkers.

Locked out of BP, cuz of Hooded Maggias.

Locked out of Gamora, cuz she's a trash lady.

And the next refresh isn't until 2am, here in Hollywood.

Yuck.

you still have 2 other characters to fight with gamora, can't be that bad. and if you are in hollywood, california like me next reset if 1AM.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:

But that is still potentially 440K+ damage left on the board that we lose, if that might be a factor if an alliance can't finish a stage to get a prize. I hope u guys consider that later in case an alliance protests a final stage not being finished.

Could be? But, this isn't round one. Most of Big G's fights can be completed, and despite how angrily I railed for round one being ridiculously if not impossibly hard without amazing luck. This playthrough isn't. Even if he guaranteed gets 8 every turn, the max he now can get, that's still five turns to do something, and it only takes two matches to disrupt him. In five turns.

And considering that if every attempt made at him was perfect he would go down in 676 swings... and 20 people, getting 5 swings, at least 9 times (3 eight hour periods)

Well that's 900 attempts. Only getting 880 still seems super fair. Least to me.

EDIT: Those numbers support NO ONE at all having a cyclops. Assuming everyone waits the eight hours for the BigG node to refresh on it's own before clearing the other nodes. I don't need to make it 720 attempts, down to 700. Then I'd be annoyed. IF you have cyclops that's a lot more.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    IceIX wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    @ICEIX
    Assuming that it's just this node and not every BP node from here on out (which it shouldn't be, just saying), then it's not even 2% of your total progression. Probably far less than that, since almost no players will play optimally enough that this would be a lost possible Round 8 kill, so this isn't worth as much as a 1600+R8 Galactus would be. So realistically, it's minuscule over the life of the event. Not that it doesn't mean that it'll affect people and needs a fixin', just that it's a drop in the bucket.

Of course, you have to consider that the majority of players don't have a new Cyclops, so it is really going to make this 8 hour window tough with only 3/5 nodes playable for most people. It means not progressing to the higher point rounds nearly as quickly.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Definitely locked out of Round 5. Huge implications at this point as far as rewards go. I barely made my progression last time around. With 1/5 nodes out (assuming the trend continues like it did in round 3 and 4), I'll be lucky to reach progression even with the reduced point goals.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are not locked out of the round, just one node. Not the end of the world.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    You should also consider making the main Galactus node unlock every 8 hours. Otherwise you need to wait for that node to unlock before doing your unlock nodes to get full clears.

There are 6 clears available every eight hours if you wait, otherwise there's only 5. Maybe this was intentional to stagger playing time, but it isn't a great mechanic to allow people anytime in the 8 hour window to do their clears and then force them to wait to do their next set of clears to get maximum Galactus battles.
  • killerkoala
    You are not locked out of the round, just one node. Not the end of the world.

not for you and your badass alliance. this one node can mean the world to him, remember it's a matter of perspective.
  • Raezen
    Raezen Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    The simple fix for this is to just award everyone the points for the node and the points for the ensuing Galactus kill. How you are able to find a similar bug and fix it before it went live, but unable to fix the exact same bug within 8 hours makes me wonder.