Anniversary Updates

Comments

• TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    The difficulty being what it was, and the servers having some hiccups, has there been any consideration to upping players/alliances by some points, or a tier? I seem to recall we received some boost after the Ultron issues.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly I know everyone isn't going to do it, but a mass boycott of round 2 would send more of message than any complaining on messaged boards...though it might be doable since the entire thing is alliance based. Just tell every one to do the ddq and PVP leaving pve galactus to gather dust.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled an anniversary daily deal since the odds got patched....Monstone. icon_lol.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Honestly I know everyone isn't going to do it, but a mass boycott of round 2 would send more of message than any complaining on messaged boards...though it might be doable since the entire thing is alliance based. Just tell every one to do the ddq and PVP leaving pve galactus to gather dust.

i think you will see almost everyone play the 2nd round just to see if they changed it.. if they didnt change it enough i could see a major drop out
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    I liked the nodes before the steroids too, but did not like the essential aspect of it. Completely random characters and if you have few covers for them, you have to build a team that worked around them. Not to mention all the players that had few to none of the essential characters. I didn't have Jean Grey, but imagine all the players that didn't have those 3 stars.

Yeah, that was also a negative of the earth nodes and maybe they could have found groups of characters that could be used as the essential in much the same way you could use any wolverine in his node they could have had one being GotG, FF, Avengers, X-Men, Gods and so on.
  • smkspy
    slidecage wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

i think you will see almost everyone play the 2nd round just to see if they changed it.. if they didnt change it enough i could see a major drop out

Oh I agree, and will probably it again nyself, but really.in a FTP game, not participating in such a hated event despite reassurances that it'll get better the next time around is really speaking with your wallet.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    Mentioning % changes sounds like a lot more than if you listed the numbers. If you increased the number 1 by 200%, it is 2.

Odds on a 4* in a Heroic is 4.6%. So ~20% better puts them around ~5.52%. That seems to jive with what's in there now, the odds of each character should be about 0.345%, not the .3% listed.

I've lost track of what the 3* odds were, but IIRC it was around 23%; that puts the new odds around 27.5%, give or take a couple tenths, which jives with the odds in there (true odds about 0.6875%, listed at 0.7%)

I'm copying/pasting this info from a reddit post by pr0n-clerk. I think these numbers are reliable, but too lazy to dig up to confirm. I've added the colored part.

This year
    Original / Just Boosted
    Devil 3.0 / 6.3
    10k ISO 0.2 / 0.2
    2,900 HP 0.2 / 0.2
    3.5k ISO 0.6 / 0.6
    600 HP 0.6 / 0.6
    All 4s 0.1 (~1.6% total) / 0.3
    All 3s 0.5 (~20% total) / 0.7
    All 2s 5.7 (~74.1% total) / 4.5

Here is last year
    Devil 9.9
    20k ISO 0.2
    2900 HP 0.2
    7k ISO 0.5
    600 HP 0.5
    All 4s 1.8 (~3.6% total)
    All 3s 1.1 (~23.1% total)
    All 2s 10.6 (~63.6% total)

Noticeable differences
    This year 10k ISO prize, last year 20k ISO prize
    This year 3.5k ISO prize, last year 7k ISO prize
    lukewin wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    We're committed to making this the best Anniversary yet. Thanks for sticking with us and offering extremely valuable feedback along the way.

You've got a huge task ahead of you. I'd be ok if it was on par with last year's, doesn't have to be the best.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    JVReal wrote:

Give us more tokens, with great rates. You know everyones scores for events, you know who earned what... Give us our tokens back or even 80% of our tokens back that we earned, and 100% of our tokens back that we bought including the daily deals so we can actually pull with the better odds. You have a record of it. Do some work and fix what you did wrong. The community is worth the effort.

^^this is what needs to be done, it literally costs you guys $0 to give digital compensation, in this specific case yes some staff would need to take some time to go through what each player spent/ earned/ etc but the content itself costs nothing, no more than a push of a button, what I mentioned previously a couple 10-packs across the board may lessen the sting and be easier to hand out than going through each player to see what they cashed in...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Pulled an anniversary daily deal since the odds got patched....Monstone. icon_lol.gif
    2* torch for me
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    There is still a disconnect and I don't see it going away any time soon. Makes me sad.

I guess I'll play out the rest of the week to help my alliance then someone PM me when they add Dr. Strange. I think I'm gone until then.
  • smkspy
    Crowl wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    I liked the nodes before the steroids too, but did not like the essential aspect of it. Completely random characters and if you have few covers for them, you have to build a team that worked around them. Not to mention all the players that had few to none of the essential characters. I didn't have Jean Grey, but imagine all the players that didn't have those 3 stars.

Yeah, that was also a negative of the earth nodes and maybe they could have found groups of characters that could be used as the essential in much the same way you could use any wolverine in his node they could have had one being GotG, FF, Avengers, X-Men, Gods and so on.

They should have just been non essential nodes. I get essential nodes in regular pve events, but they're really sidebars and don't affect your overall progress. To have all essential for such a mega event was a really low ball move on their part. 5hose of us with large rosters were lucky, but newbies were essentially left out in cold on an anniversary event.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    This year
    Original / Just Boosted
    Devil 3.0 / 6.3
    10k ISO 0.2 / 0.2
    2,900 HP 0.2 / 0.2
    3.5k ISO 0.6 / 0.6
    600 HP 0.6 / 0.6
    All 4s 0.1 (~1.6% total) / 0.3
    All 3s 0.5 (~20% total) / 0.7
    All 2s 5.7 (~74.1% total) / 4.5

Here is last year
    Devil 9.9
    20k ISO 0.2
    2900 HP 0.2
    7k ISO 0.5
    600 HP 0.5
    All 4s 1.8 (~3.6% total)

Noticeable differences

Just keep in mind again that posted in game odds are rounded, so .1% is really anywhere between .05% and .14999999999%
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    But Heroic odds are 0.3% already for 4*, how is that a 20% increase? They seem to just be on par with Heroics now.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    lukewin wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    It seems like most players would rather have fewer, more valuable tokens than more, less valuable ones.

Yeah, cuz we'd rather get fewer 3* and 4* (with fewer, more valuable tokens) than more 2* (with more, less valuable ones).

Would you rather have 1 Legendary token or 10 event tokens? I'd rather have a bird in the hand, than 2 in the bush.

Maybe a different analogy. Would you rather have 1 (fewer) $100 bill (more valuable) or 10 (more) $1 bills (less valuable)?

I like looking at like this.

Would you rather have One hundred trillion Zimbabwe Dollars? Or One American Dollar?

Hint: It's the American Dollar.

This year
    Original / Just Boosted
    Devil 3.0 / 6.3
    10k ISO 0.2 / 0.2
    2,900 HP 0.2 / 0.2
    3.5k ISO 0.6 / 0.6
    600 HP 0.6 / 0.6
    All 4s 0.1 (~1.6% total) / 0.3 (~5.7% total)
    All 3s 0.5 (~20% total) / 0.7 (28% total)
    All 2s 5.7 (~74.1% total) / 4.5 (~63% total)

Here is last year
    Devil 9.9
    20k ISO 0.2
    2900 HP 0.2
    7k ISO 0.5
    600 HP 0.5
    All 4s 1.8 (~3.6% total)

Noticeable differences

I'll take it. Thanks OP of these tables.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    But Heroic odds are 0.3% already for 4*, how is that a 20% increase? They seem to just be on par with Heroics now.

Rounding? Let's say it's actually .27% to get a specific 4*.

.3254% chance is ALSO .3 when rounded. But is 20% more likely...
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Ctenko wrote:

Rounding? Let's say it's actually .27% to get a specific 4*.

.3254% chance is ALSO .3 when rounded. But is 20% more likely...

But Heroic 10 packs are almost half the price and those have a 0.4% chance for a 4*. So, I may as well buy a Heroic pack instead.
  • Yey for token hoarders, all the rest (like me) tough luck. (slow clap)
  • firpo22
    firpo22 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    During the last few hours of Galactus we were on round 6 and when I won the Torch battle, I didn't get any points. There is another post elsewhere about this and two of my alliance also experienced the same thing, at around the same time, so it wasn't my internet connection. I lost trust in the game at that point and pretty much gave up for the last few hours. Do you acknowledge that as a glitch? Is that going to be fixed? That was worse than getting beat by Galactus in two moves, because at least I expected to get smushed. I didn't expect to get thru two waves, take a lot of damage, and then get nothing.
  • I agree with the previous poster. This community IS worth it. Even if you gave everyone a free 10-pack at increased odds, it wouldn't even put a dent in your bottom line. The possibility of two or three 3* covers and/or one four star cover isn't going to change anything for anyone. But it would make serious waves with your near-vitriolic player base. This game is priced extremely high in proportion to any other game I've played, in terms of both in-game currency and micro transactions. You can buy a next-gen console system for the price of fully covering one out of 16 4* characters.

I appreciate you coming back to update us. I think it's a massive step in the right direction, as well as re-tooling Galactus and making strides to fix token odds. It's brilliant, albeit necessary in light of the circumstances, plus radio silence, while your customer base stewed in their own juices. But these changes only affect the future, they don't address the past. I purchased 4 tokens with HP and earned another 12-16 (who knows). This doesn't placate me, and I consider myself pretty reasonable and understanding.

Using the above rhetoric, throw us a bone. Give us something to really celebrate, even if it's more than you'd otherwise be comfortable with. We are your best marketing tool, and we pay dividends. All of the other "big" games do it when they screw up (and hell, even when they don't - ever play CoC during the holidays?). You should take a page from their book and really make amends with those people that don't read the forums, and won't notice the odds have changed. They're your bread and butter - without them, the whales wouldn't have anyone to beat senseless except other whales. And where's the fun in that? #whaleemojineeded
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    I would also like to know why the sim tokens did not get a % increase? Is it not part of the anniversary event? C'mon guys stop being so stingy it is digital content ffs. I have put over 2k into this game since I started playing 9 months ago and I can say two things at this point, my wallet is certainly closed but I think I may be done altogether and cut my losses...it seems like there is no interest in retaining a player base and new players have almost no shot with all of the 4* & 5* releases....alienating new players and driving away vets is not a good business model.....