Anniversary Updates

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    so the 15 tokens i opened and got all 2 stars your reponce is i get 2 new tokens.. whatever showed how this company this pisses in its customers face.

a real company would just EAT THE LOST and give everyone all of the tokens the opened as new tokens.

if the company really gave a rats **** about its customers they would. So those who hoard the tokens get a better chance then those who opened their tokens.. Yea real far there
  • Roopesh80
    Roopesh80 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Make the countdown times longer from 2 to 3 or 4 turns and the amount of ap/cosmic tiles fewer..... Oh also the nodes...... Please don't scale it up to unimaginable levels.... Lvl 395 gorgon? C'mon....
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Appreciate the reply, Ice. And thank you. That's a bit more in line with what a celebration should be. Be generous, these are your fans here, show them you care and appreciate all the support!

And yeah, Galactus needs some work. My team hit round 7 even with a lot of us bowing out due to frustration. They came up with some good strategies (which I will not be sharing). The main issue was combining a happy anniversary with an event designed to make you lose and eat up all your health packs. Cognitive dissonance.

Thanks again, Ice. Here's hoping the event runs smoother and the flames of ire die down.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    fmftint wrote:
    Doesn't this contradict your explanation from other day? We're suppose to lose
    I don't see it as contradictory at all. Obvious feedback is that the previous style was not fun for most players, so we want to improve it so that more players are having fun with it. It's kind of like if a car company made a 2 door coupe and got a bunch of feedback from customers that they love the body styling, but really really want a 4 door version. The next year model being a 4 door doesn't mean that the car is suddenly not what was intended, it means that the makers took feedback and iterated on the concept.
  • theo199
    theo199 Posts: 79
    What about the "force quit" cheaters?
    What about my already opened 10 pack?
    What about the FUN in this Anniversary party?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I fall into the category of one who bought a Galactus pack, because the odds in the anniversary packs were bad. My 40 pack was great, but I was really wanting to add devil dino, which I have not been lucky enough to get yet.

I hope the changes to the next run are great, we gave up in round 8, so no one got the legendary, so, I can't wait to give it another go.
  • LegendReborn
    LegendReborn Posts: 301
    edited October 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    I don't see it as contradictory at all. Obvious feedback is that the previous style was not fun for most players, so we want to improve it so that more players are having fun with it. It's kind of like if a car company made a 2 door coupe and got a bunch of feedback from customers that they love the body styling, but really really want a 4 door version. The next year model being a 4 door doesn't mean that the car is suddenly not what was intended, it means that the makers took feedback and iterated on the concept.

Where's all this feedback saying they liked the first run of Galactus? I must be missing something because I don't see that anywhere. That's definitely not the consensus among my line chats.

Why do you always have to frame the dialogue as the forum users being in the wrong and you guys just being oh so generous? Why are the two simple words, "We're sorry" so hard for the developers when it's clear that most people who even beat the event weren't having fun.
  • This changes seem fair & a step in the right direction, but I'll reserve final judgment until after the next Galactus event.

With regard to the tokens, the increased odds are much appreciated, but this is exactly why some kind of update/response was needed. A quick "hold on to your tokens, were looking into making changes to them" would've gone a long way.

Also, can you give any insight as to why the essential nodes saw a drastic increase in difficulty 1/2 through the event? (After you said they should be "trivial") In Round 8, one or two of the nodes had level 395 opponents; which if you didn't know, are NOT fun.
  • The stat I am most interested in is the relative % of players reaching the legenday token in this event vs previous events. I suspect there will be quite a difference. You had plenty of time to get galactus right in the first place, given how you changed the rules days before it released and we got that mess, I'm not really trusting you to be able to fix it in time for the weekend. Are we still going to be supposed to lose?
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

In regards to your analogy, what part of Galactus Hungers was the body styling (the part that the customers love)?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

if anything please don't have use lose health during galactus big head fights. have galactus teleport us away like the gnats we are, no health packs required to revive everyone. if u fought galactus 5 time and had to revive ur best team 4 times that is 12 packs needed not including any u might lose during those easy "minion fights".
  • Afrocigar
    Afrocigar Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Dracodad wrote:
    Ice,

I will reiterate a couple of points I made in response to ur initial post.

Whatever you guys do, please make it FUN for those of us playing. Fun is something new, something cool, and more importantly, something we can feel good about. Please do not say, "Well, since X number of alliances used this strategy to beat Galactus, we better make sure they can't do it again". That's not fun, that's punitive. Instead, you should say, how can we ensure that more alliances have the ability to earn at least one cover for this cool new character.

This is what bothers me about that part of the post. He/D3 are talking numbers and stats. WE are not having fun! In a game! And the defense is numbers completed are higher than anticipated, so that = FUN!!! No! I'm day 720, means nothing in the real world, just like my FFB team. But, I've been around for awhile and in the world of MPQ, I feel screwed.

This Anniversary is horrible so far and the response sounds like theissue was with the math and not how you treated the customer.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Oh, boy, two whole extra tokens for playing at all, but if you only bought single tokens from the daily deal, nothing extra for you!

Jerks.
  • Following the growing trend in this thread…

Please feel VERY free to take back all the ISO I gained selling my "Anniversary Celebration" tokens and replacing them with an equal amount of those new ones with the Anniversary Celebration-sized odds… icon_e_wink.gif

IGN: Drummerboycroy

TIA!

DBC
  • IceIX wrote:
    Wanted to update you all on some changes we’re making to the Anniversary in response to your feedback.

Any updates on when Iceman will be added to the tokens? It was widely reported that this would occur when the Anniversary events began, but (obviously) hasn't yet. Is this being delayed or has it simply been overlooked?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    denouement wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Wanted to update you all on some changes we’re making to the Anniversary in response to your feedback.

Any updates on when Iceman will be added to the tokens? It was widely reported that this would occur when the Anniversary events began, but (obviously) hasn't yet. Is this being delayed or has it simply been overlooked?

ICE has left the building or so does it says on the peeps looking at this forum. lol
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    lawboy18 wrote:
    This changes seem fair & a step in the right direction, but I'll reserve final judgment until after the next Galactus event.

With regard to the tokens, the increased odds are much appreciated, but this is exactly why some kind of update/response was needed. A quick "hold on to your tokens, were looking into making changes to them" would've gone a long way.

Also, can you give any insight as to why the essential nodes saw a drastic increase in difficulty 1/2 through the event? (After you said they should be "trivial") In Round 8, one or two of the nodes had level 395 opponents; which if you didn't know, are NOT fun.

i dont see how a single person can say this is far those who open the tokens at the lower rate got scammed simple as that..

Why not give everyone Some dino covers to make up for it.

love to see another company get away with what this company is trying to do...

HEY ALL OPEN your tokens from 10.8 to now and have XXX chance to do it.. People open them.... HEY Guess what hoarders you still got those tokens we are now going to increase the ODDS even better .. who gives a rat **** about those who already opened them we give them 2 tokens no matter they opened 10X more then that

everyone send in tickets until they give us all of the tokens Back if they say No just keep Resending until the give them to us
  • lukewin wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

In regards to your analogy, what part of Galactus Hungers was the body styling (the part that the customers love)?

I will say that many of us liked:

1. It was something new and somewhat different (new model)
    2. Galactus as an opponent is cool, as he is one of the top baddies in the whole Marvel Universe. (From a distance the styling looked good, like a cool new sportscar that you can't wait for it to make it to the showroom and bought it without a test drive)
    3. Well, everything else should get changed. (Once you actually drove it, you realized you were in a Pinto.....which promptly blew up).

Looking forwards to the new version and hoping optimistically that you can make it FUN, like it was supposed to be
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    This event showed there is a huge disconnect between playing the game and being rewarded with progress. 2 stars help build up new comers, but they only serve as frustration for long term players and transitioning people. Even for new players a single three star is incentive to keep playing, I know I jumped for joy when I got my first deadpool cover early in the game, which became useless very early on, but gave me incentive to build up other characters.

We need a three star token category just like you've created legendary tokens, besides the random 3 star that must be grinded in pve and especially hard late in PVP to achieve is the same as playing galactus. It just isn't fun, and sorry, DDQ is no substitute when my 3 Wolverine only gets another cover every 40 days.

I get this a micro transaction action game, but when progress seems impossible especially when it comes to events like galactus, it runs off customers both new and old. And that's what you want, customers not just players.
  • AE_Fios
    AE_Fios Posts: 39
    Wouldn't it be fair to give everyone the Red Cyclops cover? Since the only alliances that were able to finish the event cheated to get there. I don't blame them, you set an impossible goal to achieve so they found a way around it...but it doesn't send a great message to every alliance that played within the rules and got stuck in round 6 or 7.